More Than A Misunderstanding.

A Careless Mistake

 

Kyu didn’t call and I didn’t call him as well. I wasted a day crying in my bedroom. I was so helpless and restless as I looked into the mirror. My make up was ruined as the dripped mascara dried up on my cheeks. I sighed as I stepped into the shower.

I missed him.

I missed the way he would hug me when I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. I missed the way he would scooped me from the kitchen counter  and placed me gently on the sofa so I could cuddled up to him while watching a late night movie. I missed the way he would pour milk into my mouth when I woke up later than him with my eyes closed.

I just missed him.

There was definitely a misunderstanding because I didn’t understand a single thing he said.

Wait a minute. Café? A man?

D-Did he mean Joo Won?

I frowned. Still hurt by the fact that Kyu would accuse me of having an affair behind his back. I mean, after the incident at the mountains, doesn’t he know how much I love him. That stupid boy.

I think he saw me with Joo Won. But behaving in an intimate way? I don’t remember doing anything weirdly out of the line between two good friends who haven’t met in years. I only hugged him. That’s all.

Is that what he meant? An intimate way?

I dried my hair as I thought. Even if it is a misunderstanding, he blown up the matter so huge. And he still had that PI following me around. What was Kyu thinking? I was so upset with him yesterday. I threw my towel into the basket angrily as I made my way to my kitchen.

The photo frame of Kyu back hugging me greeted me as it was facing the kitchen. The smiles that were captured in that photograph were so precious.

My fingertips grazed across the photo, wiping the dust that was collecting. I suddenly remembered the favor I asked from Joo Won.

What was I going to do with that photo frame that was meant Kyu’s birthday present?

My mobile phone buzzed like it was scheduled to. I checked and it was a message from Joo Won telling me how happy he was to be together with Kim Mi and I could collect the photo frame from him tomorrow.

Seeing how happy Kim Mi and Joo Won were, I don’t want to tell them what happened between Kyu and me so I arranged to collect it at the café tomorrow afternoon.

I’m glad for them. But then my smile turned upside down when I thought about the photo frame. What was I going to do with it? I can’t possibly give it to Kyu, can I?

I wonder what Kyu is doing right now…

Park Shin Rae! Wake up, he asked to leave his house, he chased you out! Stop thinking about him already.

Aishhhhhhhhh.

I slumped back onto my sofa as I buried my face in my hands.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

“Okay, that’s great guys. It’s a wrap.” I smiled meekly as I walked to the lap top to check the photos that I just took with the couple who went to change out of their wedding costumes.

I clicked aimlessly on the next arrow button. Rae and I could have ended up like them too, happy and blessed to be with each other. But now we’ve broken up.

I don’t want to think about anything. It’s just so painful.

“Kyuhyun? You okay?” My assistant asked me.

“You don’t look alright. You look kind of pale actually. Is everything fine? Are the photos alright? Something’s wrong?” He continued.

I shook my head and reluctantly smiled back to ensure him I was alright.

I was not.

I haven’t eaten since Rae left my house. I couldn’t find the appetite to swallow. I just felt so disgusted when I saw food. The aroma was so distasteful.

My mobile phone buzzed and I checked the message. It was from the PI. He messaged me the address of the café that Rae and that man met in. I frowned immediately.

Maybe I should go there tomorrow, I don’t know what the purpose was but I just felt like going there tomorrow.

I gave the remaining work to my assistant and left the studio. I was just so frustrated.

Without Rae by my side, it’s like meaningless but what was I supposed to do when she kissed someone else?

The next day.

I walked down the street after parking my car. The café should be around here somewhere.

Found it.

That lady looks familiar. Is that Rae?

She’s with another man. Was that the same one in the photo?

I felt my insides exploding with anger. We just broke up and she was already meeting him?

 

Park Shin Rae’s POV

“Here! Check it!” Joo Won said as he handed me the photo frame. It was absolutely amazing but I have no more purpose for it.

“Thanks Joo Won.” I said meekly as I placed the photo frame by the seat next to me.

“No, I should thank you. Kim Mi is coming in a while! Thanks Shin Rae! You helped us.” Joo Won said with a smile.

“I just threw you to Kim Mi. You did everything by yourself. I didn’t help much.” I said, sipping my ice latte.

“If you didn’t bring her along, I wouldn’t have reunited with her. Thanks a lot.” He said.

I just nodded my head and took a deep breath.

“Is something wrong?” Joo Won asked.

“You don’t seem very excited about the present. You were squealing when I took on the favor but now you looked so sad. Is everything alright between you and Kyuhyun? Did something happen?” Joo Won asked.

He could sense it. I must look so horribly sad. “Is it that obvious?” I asked.

“Really? You guys had a fight?” Joo Won eyes widened as he heard me.

“Kind of. I was so angry that I said I wanted a break up.” I replied softly.

“Shin Rae! Are you serious? A break up? I thought you guys were going well? Why so suddenly? He cheated on you?” Joo Won said.

“More like he thought I was cheating. He must have seen us together when I told him I was meeting Kim Mi. Joo Won, if you don’t mind, I rather not talk about it.” I said as I looked back down.

He nodded. “Sorry. Does Kim Mi know about this?”  Joo Won asked.

I shook my head.

“So this is the man?” A familiar voice spoke as I eyed a pair of feet standing next to our table.

I glanced at the feet as I looked up to the owner.

Kyu?

I stood up immediately. This isn’t going to be any good. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Double update today! Because I just felt like it. 

Uh ohhhh, Kyu! 

Commmmmmmmmmment.

 

 

Xoxo.