The Reason.

A Careless Mistake

 

“Don’t move. I’ll be right back.” I said to Kyu while his eyelids hung heavily as I got up to leave for the bathroom. I needed to get a basin of water and a towel. Kyu’s body temperature was rising. That isn’t good. I patted the blanket and turned around.

My eyes were fixed on something that was hanging on the wall. And that was the reason why the huge photo frame of me smiling was placed in his study area.

A new photo frame had taken over the space. I blinked twice before walking towards it.

It wasn’t any photo frame. It was the photo frame that Joo Won had helped put together for me to celebrate Kyu’s birthday. It was the photo frame that I had literally taken, thrown and flung it down on the wooden floor of the café. It was the photo frame which had broken into a million pieces.

I stared at it as my hand unknowingly rose and grazed over the faces. Kyu must have went back to the café and kept the photo. He even went to frame it up and hung it here, on this particular wall facing his bed.

Tears were swelling up in my eyes, I wiped them away quickly with the back of my hand despite the fact that they kept on streaming down my cheek. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and got the basin and towel.

“I told you not to move, didn’t I?” I reprimanded Kyu as I saw him trying to reach for something under the bed.

“My schedule sheet flew under the bed.” He said softly.

I sighed as I set the basin down on the floor before reaching under the bed to get the piece of schedule sheet.

“You’re sick and yet you’re still thinking about work.” I muttered.

I placed the schedule sheet in the side drawer while Kyu stared at me. I quickly bend down and took the soaked towel out of the basin, squeezed the towel until it was semi dry, folded the towel and placed it on Kyu’s forehead.

“You have been working so hard that you forgot about your health?” I asked.

Before Kyu could answer, I threw another question to him. “You haven’t been eating well, have you?” I said as I stared at the basin of water.

“No wonder you’ve fallen ill.” I whispered to myself. But Kyu heard it loud and clear.

“Rae.” He called out as I looked up. His hand slowly reached out and touched mine.

“I’m sorry.” His red eyes piercing.

I opened my mouth to say something but Kyu lifted up his hand to stop me.

“I know I messed up. Big time. I hope you forgive me. But I’m not asking you to take me back. I should have let you explained your side of the story but I didn’t and that itself was unforgiveable. I know I’ve hurt you deeply and I made you cry.” Kyu said as he continued to gaze at me.

“I just want you to know that the PI had stop working for me after two months on getting to know you. He passed by the café, seeing you with Joo Won so he just called me to tell me with no other purpose.” Kyu said in a breath before coughing bitterly at the end.

“You’re sick. Let’s talk about this another time.” I tried shrugging it away. Taking the towel on his forehead and dipping it back into the cold water as I repeated the steps like the previous time before putting it back on his forehead.

“No, Rae.” He caught hold of my hand as I was placing the towel on his forehead.

“Why are you even doing this for me? You have no reason to!” He said as he got up abruptly.

I was taken aback by his sudden actions. Throughout the two weeks, I thought about everything that had happened. In addition to what he just told me.

So he didn’t hire the PI to continue keeping tabs on me.

Flashback

“Rae, if he didn’t love you, he wouldn’t have gotten jealous!” Kim Mi said as she sat down on my sofa, bringing me a tub of ice-cream. She came over to comfort me after what she saw happened at the café and after talking to Joo Won.

“He wasn’t thinking clearly because all he was thinking about was you!” She added.

 

“Why are you even doing this for me? You have no reason to!”

Kyu’s question made me realize the fact that I’ve been holding in throughout this two weeks.

That’s when I leaned forward and placed both arms around Kyu’s neck, pulling him into a hug. I buried my face in the crook of his neck as I started to sob. Kyu stayed limbed for a while before slithering his arms to my waist and hugged me tightly, pulling me against him as humanly close as possible.

“Oh Kyu!” I sobbed.

I missed this. I missed being this close to him. I missed him.

“Rae!” He murmured my name as he pushed me back, his hands cupping my face, both thumbs wiping my tears on either side of my cheek.

I stared at him, Kyu was crying too. It made him looked even paler than he already was. I placed my hands over his as I turned my face to one side and kissed his palm.

I then leaned forward and kissed his cheek before resting my head on his shoulders.

“I had one reason.” I whispered into his ear. That reason was simple, straight forward and clear. I couldn’t beat around the bush with that reason.

Kyu had slowly grazed his fingertips down to my waist and rest his hands there, holding me close to him.

“And what was it?” He asked softly.

I looked up at him as I tugged on his shirt for him to look down. When he did, I moved my face super close to his.

“Because I love you.” I said to Kyu.

He smiled my favourite smile while shaking his head.

“I don’t deserve any of this and yet you’re willing to take me back with open arms.” He spoke.

“Kyu, don’t forget, you saved my life.” I said, looking down to his arm, suddenly remembering about the incident and how much blood I saw trickling down his arm when I left him.

There was a scar that was clearly seen. I frowned as I traced the scar with my fingertips.

“And you hurt yourself too in the process.” I said.

Kyu’s fingers touched my chin to lift my face up to look at him.

“Rae, I love you too."

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey reader *waves*

Andddddddddd, they're back together! Yayyyyyyyy. Happy dancing time! Hehehe. 

Commmment!

 

 

Xoxo.