Smile.

A Careless Mistake

 

“Rae? Wake up. We’re reaching.” Kyu said as he kissed my cheek tenderly. My eyes fluttered opened as Kyu reached over and pushed up the side window as we were starting to land.

The sun ray pierced through the window and greeted my eyes and I groaned. I heard Kyu chuckled quietly by my side as he saw my reaction.

“How was your sleep?” He asked playfully.

I turned to him as I squeezed my eye and blinked a few times.

“It was comfortable because I was leaning on you the whole time.” I beamed as I started stretching.

Kyu smiled and kissed my cheek before stretching too. “Yaaa, now not only my leg is in pain, my shoulders are aching too.”

I quickly turned to Kyu. His leg injury had totally slipped off my mind. “Oh my goodness, Kyu. I’m so sorry. Is it very painful?” I said as I peered over to take a look at his bandage.

“It’s so painful. I think I need a kiss as a painkiller.” He said as he leaned forward, tilting his head to the side, pushing his cheek in front of me.

I scoffed. “Shesh, I thought you were really in pain, you know.”

“I am! So come on, I want a kissssssssss.” He whined like a child.

I giggled but instead of kissing his cheek. I leaned lower and kiss his neck, feeling the shock in Kyu and his shoulder blade.

“Sorry for sleeping on your shoulders. They must be aching so much.” I said in between the kisses.

Kyu turned his head and kissed my hair. “Nahh, anything for my girlfriend.”

I looked up at him and quickly pecked him on his lips before turning to look out of the window.

It’s great to be home.

“Okay, so first, we’ll stop by the hospital to let them have a look at your leg first before we go home alright?” I said as we took our huge backpacks off the conveyer belt and made our way out of the arrival gates.

Kyu nods his head with a smile as he entwined his fingers with mine as we walked to the taxi stand.

 

“Nothing serious, the previous doctor did a really good job in stopping the blood clot so just rest these few days, don’t walk around too much. I’ll arrange for a review in a week’s time! Nothing to worry, everything should be fine!” The doctor at the hospital said as I sighed in relief.

Thank goodness Kyu is alright.

“So now, my house?” Kyu said with a grin as we walked out of the hospital slowly.

“God yes! I’ve been wanting to see your house ever since we met! It’s so unfair that you saw my house while I have to imagine yours!” I said with a laugh.

 

“I hope it’s up to your expectation.” Kyu said as we were standing in front of his apartment. Surprisingly, he lives quite near to me.

Okay, so he lives in an apartment, not some private huge mansion, the interior design should be easy to guess. I mean, a four bedroom apartment, similar house model as mine, how different can it get?

Kyu opened the main door and gestured for me to go in first. I took a breath and nodded. This seems so exciting! I’m finally seeing Kyu’s house!

I went in and it was a narrow, long corridor to the entrance of his living room. On one side of the corridor were his shoe racks. He had an awful lot of shoes for a male!

But what shocked me further was when I turned my head to the opposite side of the narrow corridor. There, on the wall were rows and rows of photo frames. Each photo frame was a picture of Kyu and me.

I gasped as my hand went to cover my mouth. Every single picture Kyu took during our dates, during our outings together, as long as we were together, there was a moment captured on film.

Unknowingly, my other hand rose as my fingertips grazed the frames as I looked at every single photograph. And as I did, my eyes began to tear.

My heart squeezed together, not because I was hurt or anything but I was overjoyed, looking at our photographs, I never thought I would be back with Kyu again.

I turned my head to look at the owner of the house.

He was just staring back at me like he was doing there the entire time.

I stretched out my hand and he took it as I pulled him towards me. His hand slithered to my waist immediately, capturing me in his embrace as we both looked at the photographs together.

“When? When did you start to hang this all up, Kyu?” I asked as I wiped my tear away with the back of my hand.

He turned to look at me as I turned my head to look back at him. “Ever since the day you told me you love me. That was when I found out; I really fell in love with you. I wasn’t acting anymore. All my gestures towards you were genuine; it all came from the heart.” Kyu said as he brought my hand and rested it above his heart.

I just smiled back and crashed my head against his chest as my hands wrapped his back and pulled him as close to me as possible.

“I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” Kyu said in my ear.

“Come on, if we’re going to carry on like these, by the time you’re done touring my house, a year would have passed!” Kyu said as he broke the hug and dragged me down the narrow corridor and into his living room.

I stood there, at the entrance, astonished by his apartment. It was unexpected. His house was beautiful, everything was transparent. I could see everything; his kitchen was on the right and the living room was right in front of me, his wall television was staring back at me as it hung on the transparent wall and a pure white sofa was in front of it.

I looked around; his house was so pure, so clean, for a male. I turned to my left, there were no doors in his house, and it was very open; I wondered who designed this for him.

There was his bathroom, it had a more translucent wall and then if I continued on, behind a transparent wall separating the bathroom away was his bed.

His bed was facing the view of the city, it was lovely.

And then I stopped as I saw something else on his wall. I couldn’t contain myself as I burst out laughing.

Kyu came to my side immediately to find out the reason I was laughing.

“Yaaaa, why is my face hanging on your wall! And such a big frame too!” I asked.

Kyu had hung a large photo frame, from ceiling to floor length photo frame of me. A smiling face of me.

“I-I want to wake up to your smiling face. To know that you’re happy. I will be happy too so that’s why I custom made that photo frame. It was my most favourite picture of you. I love your smile, don’t you know it was the very first thing that attracted me to you. It was your smile.” Kyu said as he caressed the photo frame.

I coughed. “You know you can touch the real person who is standing in front of you right?” I joked and Kyu laughed as he came in front me, placing a hand on my waist to bring me close to him and the other hand rested on my cheek.

I broke into a smile.

“Yes, this is the smile.” He said. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Hey readers! *waves*

I know the site wasn't very helpful throughout the pass week or so! But I guess it's alright now? The pages seemed to load faster! :)

I have lost some of your precious comments and I'm so upset but oh wells! Here's chapter 16 which was lost due to the site maintenance! 

Continue to comment!!!!! :) 

 

Xoxo.