Shattered Memories.

A Careless Mistake

 

“Kyu… I can explain…” I started but woah that was such a wrong move.

“You were meeting him behind my back?” Kyu accused me.

Thank goodness there was no one else in the café, I was so embarrassed already.

“Kyu, I wasn’t!” I said.

Kyu just glared at me and then he turned to Joo Won. “How long have you been meeting Rae?!” He shouted at him.

Before Joo Won could answer Kyu, I interrupted. “I met him recently.” Trying my best to explain the situation with as little words as possible since Kyu wasn’t listening clearly at the moment.

Kyu just eyed me but he kept his glare on Joo Won. My anger was rising. Did he follow me? How come Kyu knows where I am? It must be his PI. What on earth was he doing?!

Kyu just came into the café and without any greeting; he just lashed out at Joo Won and me. That was just plain rude. And that was something I wasn’t expecting from him.

“Erm, you’re Kyuhyun? I think you misunderstood…” Joo Won stated.

“Someone saw you guys kissing! What misunderstanding!” Kyu said at Joo Won’s face.

I shook my head, what? Kissing? This was truly a misunderstanding because hell no, I never kissed Joo Won. Wait a minute. That day when I met them Kim Mi and I were wearing the same cardigan…

Kim Mi and Joo Won just got back together. Could they be the ones who were kissing instead? I’m happy for them but at the moment, Kyu did not check the situation properly before accusing both Joo Won and I.

“Kissin-That was with Kim Mi!” Joo Won exclaimed.

Tears were b at my eyes as I suppressed my anger.

Kyu took a step back.

“So now you are dragging Kim Mi in to the picture to cover up for your act!” Kyu lashed up.

“Cho Kyuhyun! If you do not have enough trust in me, so be it! How can you insult Kim Mi just like that?!” I rebuked him.

Just then, the café door opened and Kim Mi walked in, her smile brightly faded to a concerned look when she saw the commotion.

She flitted to Joo Won’s side immediately as his hand wrapped around her waist.

“What’s going on?” She whispered to Joo Won but the café was so quiet that it could be heard.

Joo Won kept his grip on Kim Mi’s waist and turned to Kyu.

“Kyuhyun, I think you have mistaken Kim Mi as Shin Rae. There was a day when I met them both and they were wearing an exact same cardigan. Shin Rae was trying to help us. You misunderstood her.” Joo Won said in one quick breath.

“What? Oh yes, the other day I met Rae and we were wearing the same cardigan. Did you mix us up?”

Kyu’s eyes widened as he looked at me. My tears were starting to flow down my cheek as I looked over to Kim Mi instead.

I didn’t want to deal with Kyu now. He was behaving so nonsensical.

“I-Is this true?” Kyu choked as he looked over to Kim Mi and Joo Won before glancing at me.

I was super angry.

“Yeah, Shin Rae got me to do a favor for her and in return she helped me get back together with Kim Mi.”  Joo Won explained while Kim Mi nodded.

“So the picture with you kissing a girl with the similar cardigan was K-Kim Mi?” Kyu said, finally the truth has come to light.

I was just standing by the side; I took the photo frame and wanted to make my way out of the café.

Kyu grabbed my hand to stop me while I yanked my hand out of his grip.

“Rae! I-I’m so sorry, I-I” Kyu stuttered.

“I don’t want to keep on hearing that word, Cho Kyuhyun.” I spat.

“Rae, I-I” He was helpless now.

“I thought after we went through at the mountains, you will learn to cherish our relationship but it seems like you still don’t trust me enough. The PI you hired. I couldn’t believe…” I said as my tears continued to flow.

“That was a coincident! I stop hiring him since a long time ago! He just saw-…”

“And you want me to believe that now? How do you expect me to trust you when you don’t even trust me?” I shouted.

My grip on the photo frame became tighter.

“Rae, I-I swear! I know I screwed this up.” Kyu said with his head down.

“You should have thought about that before blowing up this matter.” I argued.

“Your birthday is the day after tomorrow right? I met Joo Won because he was the only one out of my friends who could help me with photo editing. I know your interest in photography is so huge; I wanted to give you something you could appreciate. I was counting the photo frames at your corridor and you had 99 frames. This was the 100th frame I wanted to give you for your birthday.” I said looking at Kyu.

Kyu looked up at me as he stared at the frame I was holding in my hand.

With that, I took the photo frame and flung it on the floor; crashing the glass piece that was in front, shattering it into a million pieces with a loud piercing sound.

“Happy birthday.” I hissed and walked out of the café.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

Rae immediately took the frame she was holding in her hand and threw it down on the floor with a loud crash before walking out of the café. My heart stopped.

I was so dumb. Why didn’t I let her explain? Why did I let my jealousy took control over me? Stupid!

I looked over to the shattered glass on the floor and right below it was a collage of pictures with moments of Rae and I.

I screwed up, big time.

“You should had listened to her.” Kim Mi said as I looked at her.

“What are you still doing here?! Run after her you !” Joo Won shouted at me as I got back to reality and ran out of the café.

I ran down the street as I saw Rae crossing the road.

“Rae!” I shouted, hoping she can hear me.

She must have as she walked faster.

A speeding car was driving in her direction and I caught sight of it.

My heartbeat was racing, my legs were running.

“Rae! Be careful!” I yelled out.

Her head turned to the direction of the car as her face changed to shock.

She froze in the middle of the road.

“Rae! Watch out!”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves* 

Remember my love for cliffhangers? ^^

COMMMENT. 

 

 

Xoxo.