Beach.

A Careless Mistake

 

I remembered how soft her skin felt against mine. The way she placed her arms around my stomach when we were lying on the bed, and how she snuggles up my chest when I bring her close to me.

Rae is finally by my side again. The previous two weeks were terrible. I couldn’t concentrate at photo shoots and I lost focused with whatever I did. It was a horrible two weeks. Skipping meals to meet deadlines, no wonder my immune system went down.

Rolling over to my other side, my eyelids fluttered opened, wanting to gaze at the beauty in front of me. But when I did, there was no one.

The space next to me was empty.

Hang on a minute, was I dreaming? Did I miss Rae so much, I actually hallucinated yesterday’s events.

The dream felt real though. But her smell lingered in the air. I smelled the pillow next to me, it was definitely not a dream. Her scent was there, it was too strong for it to be a dream.

I was feeling much better after the porridge Rae cooked for me yesterday. Plus she was up for about an hour? Placing the towel over my forehead to lower my body temperature.

Or could it be, she just stayed a night and left in the morning?

I turned back to check the bedside table for any notes but I found none. I bit my lip, debating with myself if Rae actually left. She couldn’t.

We were so happy yesterday, she couldn’t have just left me here right?

Getting worried, I quickly got up and left my bed area. Something smelled good.

“Rae?” I called out, hoping at the back of my head she would respond.

“I’m here in the kitchen, Kyu.” Rae’s voice replied.

I sighed in relief. She was still here. I wasn’t hallucinating. Rae was really back with me.

I quickly made my way to the kitchen to find her brewing her peppermint tea. Some things just don’t change.

“Peppermint tea?” I asked, already knowing the answer as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

 

“Rae?” I called out.

“I’m here, in the kitchen, Kyu.” Rae chirped.

She was brewing her peppermint tea when I wrapped my arms around Rae’s waist as she gasped loudly.

Pushing her hair to one side while I rested my head on her shoulder, Rae switched off the gas and took the kettle off the stove. I turned my head slightly and kissed her neck.

“Good morning, Rae.” I whispered against her skin.

Rae poured the hot water into the teapot and immediately the aroma of the peppermint tea bags spread across the kitchen.

She poured the tea into the first cup and added the sugar and honey before stirring it. I was still back hugging Rae as she continued to stir the tea.

Holding the cup in front of my face as she turned her head to face me, “Good morning, Kyu.” Rae said with a smile before blowing the tea to cool it, holding it in front of my lips, she tilted the cup as I took a sip.

“Ahhh, the best peppermint tea ever.” I said with a sigh as I let go of Rae, taking the cup away from her.

She smiled back.

“Glad you like it.” She commented.

 

I still remembered that time, in the exact same place; I did the exact same thing to Rae. I smirked at the thought of it.

“A penny for your thoughts, Kyu?” Rae asked me as she held the cup of peppermint tea in front of my face as she stared at me, puzzled.

I took the cup from Rae and placed it down on the counter before grabbing Rae’s shoulder, turning her around to face me as I leaned on the counter.

I placed my arms on her waist as she stood in between my legs. “Kyu, what are you doing?” She asked teasingly.

“Do you remember this scene? I was hugging you from behind as you brewed your peppermint tea. I was just thinking about it. And that was how long ago?” I said

Rae smiled and stood closer to me, placing her arms around my neck. “I don’t care how long ago that was, I just know that you’re here with me now and I’m here with you. And that all it matters to me.”

My heart just exploded with joy, the way Rae says it makes everything so real to me. Even though I feel that this is like a dream. I smiled at Rae as she smiled back.

I leaned forward and crashed my lips gently on her. “Yaaa, have you brushed your teeth?” She asked pulling away.

“Whoops.” I said, sticking out my tongue at her as she gave me a disgusted playful look while cleaning her lips with the back of her hand.

“But you still kissed me!” I boasted as I took the cup of peppermint tea and went to the sofa as Rae joined me with her cup.

“Rae, I want to bring you out today.” I started the conversation.

I have noticed, all this time since the beginning Rae never liked to talk about a certain topic. Whenever I brought that topic up or suggest going there, she’ll start to hesitate and she’ll start to get very tense.

I wonder if she’s like that because of me, especially after finding out what happened there with links to me, or my parents in particular.

Because the place that Rae never likes to talk about was the beach. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

 

Surprise!!!!!!!!!

I brought my lappy along and there's free wifi at the hotel! Hahaha. 

Enjoy this chapter while I enjoy my holiday! ^^ 

 

 

Xoxo.