Birthday Present.

A Careless Mistake

 

I still can’t believe Kyu picked the same book as I did. I mean, there were tons of books in the bookstore and he actually chose the same book as I did. However, that made me happy too.

And yes, I’ve moved in with him because of the deal. Only returning to my apartment whenever I needed to do my work or I needed to collect my mail. Anyway, we lived just a few streets across from each other so it didn’t really affect me.

I turned my body as the morning sun greeted me through the window and hugged Kyu closer to myself. I loved the way he smell, it must be that shampoo and body wash. I swear they continue producing those products; the smell is driving me crazy.

I leaned in to the crook of Kyu’s neck and pecked it gently before getting out of his bed and walking into his bathroom. His house was so magically designed that every day I stared in awe by the interior.

I freshened up and went to the door to collect the newspaper. As I was walking back in, I stopped at the narrow corridor and looked at the wall of photo frames.

Kyu’s birthday was approaching and I wanted to get him something special, something he can appreciate as well. Something that he could look at and think of me always.

I stared at the wall of photo frames, Kyu had numbered them all.

97, 98,99…

99 photo frames on the wall. Shall I do the hundredth one for him as his birthday present? Maybe I can do a collage of photos together and place them in a big photo frame! That would be a wonderful gift! I thought as I started walking back into the living room, placing the newspaper on the coffee table before entering the kitchen.

I just need some photos and someone to help me put them together digitally.

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard Kyu’s footsteps down the hallway.

“Rae?” He called out.

“I’m here, in the kitchen, Kyu.” I chirped.

I was brewing my peppermint tea when I felt a pair of arms slithered to my waist as I gasped loudly.

Kyu pushed my hair to one side and rested his head on my shoulder. I smiled to myself as I switched off the gas and took the kettle off the stove. He turned his head slightly and kissed my neck, making my grin wider.

“Good morning, Rae.” He whispered as I felt his breath against my skin.

I poured the hot water into the teapot and immediately the aroma of the peppermint tea bags spread across the kitchen.

I poured the tea into the first cup and added the sugar and honey before stirring it. Kyu was still back hugging me as I continued to stir the tea.

I held the cup in front of Kyu’s face as I turned my head to face him. “Good morning, Kyu.” I said with a smile before blowing the tea to cool it, holding it in front of his lips, I tilt the cup as Kyu took a sip.

“Ahhh, the best peppermint tea ever.” He said with a sigh as he let go of me, taking the cup away from me.

I smiled back.

“Glad you like it.” I said.

“What are you doing today, Rae?” Kyu asked as he sat down on the high stool by the counter while I took out the container of fruits from the fridge.

I thought about Kyu’s present and how a close friend of mine could help me with it. I just need an excuse to get away from Kyu….

“I’ve got a meeting later on, one of my projects got a problem so I need to go down and check it out.” I said as I turned my back against Kyu.

“I’ll drive you there!” He said.

Why of all days, he had to be such a gentleman today?

“It’s alright, Kyu! My car is parked down stairs; I’ll be fine on my own.” I quickly said. I didn’t want Kyu to be following me around. I want to give him a big surprise for his birthday!

“But I want to be with you today.” He whined as he stabbed a strawberry by his fork and ate it.

“Don’t you have that wedding photo shoot on today?” I asked, trying my luck.

“Nope, it was postponed.” He replied happily.

I sighed and turned around, finally facing him after this whole while. “Cho Kyuhyun, I’ve moved in with you for a few days and I think I’m getting sick of you already.” I said as I stuck out my tongue at Kyu as I burst out laughing.

“Whattttt! Park Shin Rae! What did you just say?!” He shouted as I took his fork and stabbed into the rock melon and ate it happily.

I looked over to Kyu as he started fuming. I took this as my opportunity to quickly run into the bathroom to take my shower as he pounded on the door.

“Yaaa! Park Shin Rae! You come out now! How could you say such things!” He said as I laughed in the bathroom.

 

“Bye Kyu! I’ll see you later okay?” I said as I breezed by the living room after I was done.

He was pouting as he crossed his arms; sitting on the sofa was his feet on the coffee table.

“You’re mean.” He said as he looked up at me.

“I know you love me!” I said as I quickly leaned forward and pecked his head before walking out the door.

I heard a shuffling of feet and Kyu appeared next to me as I was putting on my shoes.

“You really don’t need me to drive you?” He asked once again, hoping I would change my mind.

 “Oh Kyu, no, it’s alright. I’ll be fine. It’s just a meeting. I’m not going to feed myself to the sharks or something.” I said as I quickly pecked his lips, earning a grin from him, quietly knowing that I was forgiven.

“I’ll see you later, come back to me quickly, alright?” He said as I stepped outside the gate.

I nodded as I waved goodbye to him. Damn, that guy really knows how to make me feel all fluffy on the inside.

Alright, now to go back to my house first to sort out the pictures I want and to meet my friend. I hope he’s free today.

One of my friends in university was into photo editing, he knew photo-shop like the back of his hand and he majored in web designing. The moment I thought about the surprise present, he came to my mind since I wasn’t good in such editing

After finding the photographs that I want, I made a call to this friend of mine and lucky for me, he was free today!

I arranged to meet him downtown at one of the usual café that we used to hang out in.

I was early so I ordered a latte and sat down at the corner. The door of the café opened and in walked a very familiar person. He didn’t change at all throughout the years.

I stood up with a smile. “Long time no see, Joo Won!” I greeted him as I watched my study buddy stood across me.

“Shin Rae! You’re still as pretty as before!” He said.

I laughed as I nudged his shoulders. “Stop teasing me! You’re forever doing that! You look good too. How’re you?”

We started catching up a bit and talked about a few other university mates that I have lost contact over the years. Finally, I told Joo Won about my gift and he said he would be very willing to help me out even though he’s kind of disappointed that I was already attached.

“How could you get a boyfriend when I don’t even have a girlfriend yet?! Remember our pact when were in university! We were supposed to introduce opposite gender friends if one of us gets attached first! Park Shin  Rae! You’re not keeping to that pact!” Joo Won said as I burst out laughing.

“You still remembered that! Oh gosh! Alright alright! You still remember Kim Mi? I thought she confessed to you!” I said thinking about how Kim Mi felt so depressed when Joo Won didn’t give her an answer after her confession and slowly through the years, that memory faded.

“I screwed that one up.” He said bitterly thinking I couldn’t hear but I did.

We continued talking and Joo Won told me he could get the enlarge version of the photo done by the end of the week. I told him I didn’t mind since Kyu’s birthday was only next week, I had enough time.

I thanked him and gave him a tight hug since we haven’t met in such a long time and left.

I arrived at Kyu’s apartment in the early evening; I didn’t know I talked to Joo Won for so long. It really has been a long time since I’ve seen him and I’m really glad that I could today.

Without even thinking twice, he straight away agreed to help me; such a friend, the only way to repay him is Kim Mi. Heheh.

“Kyu?” I called out the moment I walked into the living room, was Kyu cooking? The smell lingering in the air was so mouth-watering that I went straight to kitchen.

In his kitchen and decked in an apron, Kyu was standing by the stove; he had his headphones on so I guessed he didn’t heard me. I tip toed to the bedroom to change and when I came back, he was still in the same position.

I smiled to myself as I thought about what Kyu did to me in the morning. I stood behind him as my arms wrapped around his waist.

He jerked as he quickly turned his head around. “Rae!” He called out immediately taking off his headphones.

“Hello. You’re preparing dinner? That’s a first. I’ve never seen you really used this kitchen before.” I as I leaned my head against his back.

“Do you doubt my ability?” He said as he lifted an eyebrow while switching the stove off.  

“A little?” I joked.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

So everyone has a bad impression of the new character? Hahahahaha. 

Commmmmentttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. 

 

Xoxo.