Stable.

A Careless Mistake

 

Clearly, his aunt was no longer normal and it shocked the both of us so much. I was so taken aback when I saw her condition and Kyu cried so much; I have never seen him cry like that. It pained me as well seeing him in such pain.

We tried conversing with his aunt but it was useless. She would giggle and talk to herself instead and time flew, it was time’s up. His aunt screamed as she was held up by the prison officers and she kicked her legs in the air.

Kyu squeezed my hand so tightly, I turned to look at him; his face all soaked with sweat and tears. I placed both my palms on other side of his face and rubbed his cheek.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. Alright?” I cooed, his cheek.

His eyes looked up at me as they softened. Kyu’s hand rose and placed them above mine as he tilts his head into my hands.

“I-I want to hate her but s-seeing her like that, I j-just can’t. I c-can’t.” Kyu sobbed as he broke down in front of me. I pulled him closer to me as I enveloped him into a tight hug, soothing his back; comforting him. I felt his sobs and I too, couldn’t control my emotions as I cried as well.

Kyu must have heard me sniffling as he pulled away suddenly, wiping his tears with the back of his hand and then holding my shoulders, looking at me.

“Oh Rae.” He called out as he saw me tearing, ironically wiping my tears away as I looked at him.

“I didn’t mean to make you cry as well.” He stated as I shook my head.

“Come on, let’s go home.” I stated as I took his hand.

 

That night I was woken out by a yelling cry. I shot up in Kyu’s bed to see him fidgeting and sweating profusely while tossing and turning.

“N-no. N-no. No-oo.” I heard him whispered in his sleep. That got me worried as I shook him to get him to wake up.

“Kyu? Kyu!”

His wet eyelashes flickered opened as his eyes met mine. “Rae? Is something wrong?” He asked me as he wiped his eyes.

I turned to switch on the bedside lamp before turning back to Kyu who was now leaning on the headboard, fingers to his forehead.

“Kyu, were you having a nightmare?” I said.

He looked at me immediately before pulling me to lean on his shoulder. “You heard me?” He asked in return and I looked up at him, bringing my hand to rest on his heart as he looked back down to me.

“You are worried and scared, aren’t you?” I whispered as I looked back into his deep dark eyes.

His hand seemed to have found the end of my hair and started twirling it round his fingers. “It’s getting late, you should go back to sleep.” Kyu said, brushing away whatever I just said. He must have wanted to appear strong in front of me. I knew him too well to be able to sense that out.

“Kyu.” I called out again.

“Go back to sleep, Rae.” He repeated, my hair.

This happened for a few nights.

I would wake Kyu up during his nightmare and he would coo me back to sleep.

That is until the night I could no longer hold it in evermore.

“Go back to sleep, Rae.” Kyu said it after countless times.

I squirmed out of his arms and sat up straight, staring him back in his eyes as Kyu looked at me, baffled.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you listen to me. I know this is difficult and it’s scary. I’m scared too but we can work this out together!” I started.

Kyu opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. “I don’t want to lose you. I don’t want you to be afraid, remember?” I continued.

Kyu’s eyes widened as he heard me speak, pulling me into his chest once again, he hugged me tightly against him. “Rae, I’m so sorry. I only thought about myself and I neglected you. I’m sorry.” He said as he kissed my hair.

My arms flew around his neck as I brought myself closer to him.

“You were becoming so not yourself! Your dreams have been bothering you. I was getting worried.” I said as my voice got muffled.

“I apologize for making you worried.” Kyu said as he lifted my chin to make me look at him.

I pouted as he leaned in to kiss my forehead, followed by a kiss on my cheek and then he tilted his head to peck me on my lips.

My fingers danced to his neck to pull him closer as I kissed him back.

 

After that night, Kyu and I went back to visit his aunt once again.

Her behaviors were exactly the same as when we first came to visit her. I cringed when I saw Kyu’s face scrunched out like the previous time.

And then something struck me.

I grabbed Kyu’s hand and pulled him out of the waiting room as I went to approach the prison office.

“Rae? What are you doing? Why are we here?” Kyu asked as we went in.

I took a deep breath before turning towards him, “I don’t know if this will work, I’m just trying my luck.” I said.

Turning to the officer behind the counter, I asked “Is it possible if you could maybe hold a prisoner in a mental hospital instead? As in, that could be arranged right?”

Nodding slowly, the prison officer behind the counter looked up at us, “Yes, that could be arranged.”

I half smiled as I continued while Kyu looked at me, puzzled. I saw the look in his eyes and I smiled at him.

“What are you doing?” He asked after I finished my talk with the prison officer.

“I think it’s best if she was under a medical supervision as well.  Being in a hospital is better than being in a prison, don’t you think?” I replied as I took the form that the prison officer had handed to me, pushing it into his hands.

“You should fill this in, I’m not that sure of your aunt’s particulars.” I said with a smile as Kyu took the form away from my hand, nodding his head.

 

It’s been two weeks since Kyu’s aunt had shifted to a mental hospital under the supervision of both the doctors and the prison officers. Her condition is improving and I’m glad.

She might not be the same lady that I’ve met at the café however I think she’s finally realize the love she has been missing out on.

Kyu and I visit her on a regular basis and even though she acts like a child, deep down we could sense that she knows who we really are.

And she knows that we genuinely cared about her.

“Her condition is improving!” I said as we walked out of the mental hospital after another visit.

Kyu looked at me before grabbing my hand as he swung our interlaced hand back and forth.

“Yes it is. And it’s all thanks to a certain someone.” He replied.

I turned to him, “And may I know who is this certain someone?” I teased.

“Oh, you know this certain someone, I’m sure you do. You see, I would like to bring this certain someone out for dinner tonight and I wonder if this certain someone is free.” Kyu teased back.

I laughed, “Hmmm, this certain someone seems to be free tonight so yes, you can bring this certain someone out for dinner.”

With that, I was crushed onto Kyu’s chest ever so gently as he hugged me. My hands rose to his back as I inhaled his scent.

“Thank you, Rae. Thank you so much.” He breathed.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

First I would like to apologize for not updating as often as I used to! Been sick and I'm trying to figure out how to end this story. Yes, sadly this story is going to end soooooooon! Cause I've plans for a new fanfic! Hahah, been getting alot of ideas lately. Heh. 

So please forgive me!

I hope you have enjoyed this chapter!

Commmmmment! 

 

 

Xoxo.