Forgiveness.

A Careless Mistake

 

“Our seats are over here.” Kyu said as we stopped halfway and placed our hand carry bags in the overhead compartment on the plane.

We were flying back home tonight since Kyu needed proper medical treatment for his leg.

We settled in our seats as I took the window seat and Kyu took the seat next to me which was the aisle seat.

“Eight hours of flight. Will you be alright?” I asked Kyu, nodding at his leg injury.

“I’ll be fine. As long as you’re with me.” He said with a smile as he leaned forward to peck my forehead.

I sighed happily to be back with Kyu. I pushed up the middle handle so I could snuggle up to Kyu as I rest my head in the crook of his neck; on his chest while placing my arm around his waist.

He hugged me closer to him as he placed his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder.

Ever since helping out at the children’s home, I grew to be more patient when I was dealing with situations and somehow I became more forgiving. Somehow.

I looked up at Kyu as we buckled our seatbelts “Kyu?” I said.

“Hmmm?” He looked at me.

“I was thinking…” I hesitated not knowing whether it was a good idea to bring it up at the moment.

“You were thinking….?” Kyu echoed my sentence as he brushed my fringe to the back of my ears.

“H-How about we go visit your aunt?” I said as I lowered my head, not wanting to see his reaction.

His grip round my shoulders tightened and I knew I shouldn’t have asked him that question now.

“W-Why did you suddenly..?” Kyu choked.

I looked up at Kyu as he looked at me, brows furrowed.

My fingers rose to his face as I rubbed his eyebrows and then his cheek.

“I’ve been thinking about it for a while. I just thought it would be a good idea to go visit her. She’s your aunt after all, you know….” I said as my voice faded at the end of the sentence.

Kyu continued to look at me as his facial muscle relaxed. His hand cupped my face as he leaned in to peck my lips.

“Rae, I thought you would be angry with her! She tried to kill you! How do you expect to go visit her when she brainwashed me to kill someone who was innocent? I’m not going to be as forgiving as you are…” He said softly.

“Kyu… She brought you up. If not for her, I wouldn’t be able to fall in love with such a healthy, strong, and intelligent man like you. You should give her some credit for that.” I defended his aunt.

Kyu broke into a small smile but he frowned again. “And if not for her, you could have died that very day when you were shot by her and I would have been thrown into the deepest pits of misery, wallowing in sorrow.” He growled quietly.

I shuddered at the memory of that day when she took out her gun. I shook my head. I thought for a while, thinking about how I was going to go about, convincing him to forgive his aunt. I mean, yeah she shot me but because she was flooded with greed in her mind. I don’t blame her. Besides, I’m healthy now, no more pain, just a scar. A scar to remind me how I survived such an ordeal in my life.

I looked back at Kyu who was my hair gently.

“Kyu, if you’re not going to forgive your aunt, why should I forgive you then?” I said in my most innocent voice and innocent face while I smirked on the inside.

He immediately changed his expression. “Rae! You can’t compare the both of us! She killed my...”

He stopped when he saw that I glared at him.

“Kyu. She’s already in jail. What more do you want from her? Your aunt was sentenced to imprisonment for life! What more do you want from her, Kyu?” I whispered back harshly.

I admit I was a bit disappointed with Kyu but I don’t blame him either. Trying to forgive the person who killed your parents and lied about their murderer was no joke.

Kyu could sense that I was getting angry with him. He kept quiet after hearing what I said. His eyes darted from left to right.

I could sense he was remorseful. He started tearing.

I his cheek.

“Oh Kyu, I didn’t mean to make you cry. I just want you to understand everything that is done is already done. She has got her retribution. But she’s still your aunt. She took care of you, all these years. Aren’t you grateful to her?” I said as I wiped a tear away from his cheek.

“Rae, I understand what you mean but she did it with a motive! It’s d-difficult for me. I’m just glad that I’ve got a very magnanimous and forgiving girlfriend.” Kyu said as he turned his face to kiss my palm.

I stared at him as he spoke. “I’m sorry for bringing this up; I know I chose a wrong timing to speak to you about it.” I replied.

“I have to face it sooner or later. It’s alright, Rae. I understand your point. I really do but now it’s just not the time for me to go visit her yet.” Kyu said.

I decided to change a topic; I didn’t want Kyu to stay depressed through the flight.

There has been a growing question that I’ve been waiting to ask Kyu.

“Kyu?” I whispered his name.

He looked at me, eyes still filled with tears.

“Can I go visit your house?” I asked, my lips curling up to a big grin.

Kyu broke into a wide smile.

“I was just about to ask you that question. Want to move in with me?” He asked.

My eyes widened.

“Move in with you? I’ve my own apartment, Kyu!” I joked.

“I’m serious, Rae. I really want to go to bed, hugging you to sleep and waking up to your beautiful face.” Kyu said as he my forehead and down to my chin.

“I would love to do that too, Kyu. But moving in? Kind of fast, don’t you think?” I asked.

“Then…..How about staying over at my house a few days of the week instead? I don’t think I can take it if I’m separated from you for too long.” Kyu said with a smirk pasted on his face.

I giggled.

“That sounds like a much more better idea than your first one.” I said, kissing his nose.

“Even though I’m kind of sad you rejected my moving in offer, I’m glad you agreed to the staying over one!” Kyu chuckled.

I rested my head on Kyu’s shoulder, getting ready to take a nap onboard.

“I’ve always imagined what your house looks like. I hope it does my interior designing mind some justice.” I said, yawning.

Kyu rested his head on mine. He my hair gently again.

“I hope it does. Go to sleep, Rae. You’re tired.” Kyu said as he kissed my hair; a goodnight kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! *waves* 

Do you like the new posterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? Heheheheheheheeh. ^^

Yay, Kyu & Rae are finally back together! I wanted to end this story soon but a few of you guys told me to make this story longer than the rest of my other stories. Soooooooooo, I'm gonna drag this story! :) :) :) Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. 

I know this might be considered little to some authors out there but this story is one of my first stories to reach a hundred comments. None of my stories have ever reached such a high number of comments before! Really touched and happy! 

Continue to commmment okay! I really appreciate it!

 

 

Xoxo.