Cho Kyuhyun's POV.

A Careless Mistake

 

What? A break-up?

No.

Why does Rae want to break-up with me?

Did I do anything wrong?

I mean other than lying to her from the start, was there anything else did I do which made her upset?

I couldn’t think of anything.

Did she find out about my identity?

She couldn’t have, I kept all my secrets well. I know I did.

I need to talk to Rae, to find out about the reason.

I mean, I knew what I was getting in to at the very beginning and I tried my best not to fall in love but I did. And now, she comes and tell me that she wants to break-up, that’s absurd. I need to know the reason.

Since she messaged me, that means she’s finally using her mobile phone. I quickly called Rae.

It rang for a while and she picked up but she didn’t say anything.

“Hello? Rae? I know you’re there. What happened? What’s wrong?” I asked gently.

Still no answer.

“Rae. Please tell me the reason, I’m going crazy here. I’m worried sick. Talk to me, please.” I begged.

I could hear her breathing staggered, like she was trying to breathe in between crying. My heart ached not knowing what’s happening to her.

“Rae?” I said again, my heart throbbing for hope.

This time, she finally said something.

“T-There’s no particular reason. We’re just not meant to be together, K-Kyu.” She stammered and then she hung up.

I tried to call her back but she switched her phone off. Something’s definitely not right.

Just then, my aunt called me.

“Hello Kyu? How’s the revenge plan going along? I hope you don’t disappoint me.” She said as her welcoming speech.

I groaned on the inside. How was I going tell my aunt that it wasn’t going as planned? I mean, she took care of me my entire life; she was practically like my second mother.

“It’s going fine. But there’s bit of a problem but don’t worry, I’ll settle it soon.” I said firmly.

“Oh? Hmmm, please settle it as soon as possible. We wouldn’t want a child killer like Park Shin Rae wandering round like this.” My aunty said.

I felt a little angry. I have no idea why. Like I wanted to defend Rae. Because after spending eight months with her, I knew she wasn’t that sort of person. She wouldn’t do anything like what my aunt said she did to my parents.

I just couldn’t bring myself to believe that she actually killed my parents. I mean, she was a child? Then again, there’re children out there learning how to use a rifle at the age of five. But, Rae, killing someone? That’s quite impossible to believe. I mean, I’ve been going out with her for eight months, I could sense her sincerity when she does something.

She was nothing like what my aunt said she was. Who am I suppose to believe? My aunt won’t lie to me, she took care of me since I lost my parents, she was there for me at every parent teacher meeting, she made sure I wasn’t teased at because I had no parents. She was my second set of parents to me, being a dad and mum to me.

On the other hand, Rae was just I don’t even know how to put it in words. After being together with her for eight months, just seeing her, knowing she’s by my side is already enough to make me happy.  She was just plain perfect for me. I have no idea why she didn’t had suitors, going after her.

I remembered the day I was planning to hurt her with a falling flowerpot. She walked up the pavement and helped a little kitten as the kitten’s back leg was stuck in between some metal gate.

The moment she freed the kitten, she smiled and her smile was breath-taking. I couldn’t bear to give the signal for my subordinate to drop the flowerpot. Rae was selfless, in her own ways. She gives without expecting anything in return that was her charm. While I felt guilty each time she did something for me as I plotting to harm her.

Deep down, I knew the moment I started liking Rae, I was defeated. Somehow, I just couldn’t bear to see her get hurt or to see her cry, I just wanted to see her smiling face every single day.

But now, I’ve lost her and I have no bloody clue why she wanted a break-up. Was she seeing someone else? I still remembered the day she said “I love you” to me. For once, there was no hatred, no anger and frustration in me. She cupped my face in between her palms and stared straight into my eyes and she whispered those three precious words.

I could feel every single hair on my body stand at that moment. And I knew at once, I was in love with her as well just that she doesn’t deserve someone like me. She deserves someone better. Someone who wasn’t plotting to kill her from the very first time she met him, someone who wasn’t taking advantage of her kindness; she was definitely one of a kind.

She deserves to know the truth, doesn’t she?

Should I tell her?  Should I tell her, that right from the very beginning, right from the time our hands touched the exact same book at the bookstore, was all carefully and skillfully planned by me?

How will she take it? She will completely freak out, I was like a stalker. If she’s going to be mad at me, I will accept it. It was my fault anyway.

Hmmmm. I remembered asking the PI to find out more about the incident at the beach and the PI hasn’t gotten back to me yet. He is normally very efficient but this time; he’s taking a bit too long.

Could it be, he found more evidence to the murder case?

All I need to do now is to get Rae to listen to me, to hear me out when I tell her the truth myself. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! *waves*

I know some of you guys have mentioned that the plot was a little too fast. I wanted to skip that whole section because it didn't felt right to me. But as you can read, the plot has slowed down. It's no where near ending! I said it in the previous chapter already! Don't worry! 

And to my regular readers, I know this story has very short chapters compared to the rest of my other stories. Please be patient with me. I don't like that it's so short too. I still trying to readjust my plot from a happy romance love story to something darker like this. 

Thanks to all those who subscribe and read regularly even though I think I can write better. 

This stort has already reached 27 subscribers! In only two-three days? That's very encouraging. I appreciate every single comment! So please,

COMMMMMMMMMENT! 

Love you guys. 

Xoxo.