The Unexpected Meeting.

A Careless Mistake

 

I wasn’t at my own home. I was actually at a very quiet café, waiting for Rae. I booked one of the private rooms at the back and sat in the sofa seat. I hope she comes. I want her to.

I was ready to tell her everything. No detail will be left out in my confession. I was going to tell her every single secret that was hidden from her right from the very beginning.

I knew it was selfish of me to do so but I-I love Rae and I don’t want her to be hurt in any way.

I heard a gentle voice coming through the outside of the door, I turned my head as the waiter opened the door and Rae walked through the door, her face all flustered and panicky.

I haven’t seen her in a while and she had lost weight, her face became sharper, she looked pale. Seeing her in person made me realized how much I actually miss her. How much I missed her presence.

How I missed that beautiful smiling face of hers. I just wanted to forget about everything, to pull her into my lap and kiss her till we run out of breath. But I know I can’t do that.

“Rae.” I started.

“Thanks for coming-..”

She interrupted me.

“I didn’t come to listen to you. I came to tell you something.” She said, eyes darting from left to right.

I was losing hope before I could tell her? Was she going to said it in my face that she really wants a break-up?

I frowned immediately at that thought.

“Remember how I left halfway during our last dinner together?” She asked.

How could I forget? That was the first time a girl walked out of me during a dinner.

I just nodded my head slightly.

“When you went to the toilet, your PI called.” She said her lips in a firm line.

My eyes widen. No wonder I didn’t get any calls from him because he called me on that very day already. But I didn’t pick up, it was Rae who picked up the call.

I knew it. She found out about my private identity before I could tell her honestly.  How am I going to save myself?

“Rae…” I called out her name gently.

“I haven’t finished speaking. I was completely shocked when I hung up that call. You were keeping tabs on me? Since when? The beginning?” She said, a tone higher. She was getting angry.

“Since I turned 21. Which was 7 years ago.” I said softly.

“7 years ago?! That was more than I expected! I underestimated you. You planned from the very beginning to meet me in the bookstore, did you? You planned which aisle to be in so you could bump into me. You planned every single date, every single outing?”

I kept quiet and nodded my head. There was no other way now but the truth.

“And I thought I was so lucky. To be able to be with a guy I met at a bookstore, who shared similar interests with me. I was true all this while, these eight months. And I stupidly fell in love with a person who does not exist because you were pretending all these while, aren’t you? You pretended to care about me as well?  You lied to me for eight months; no, you lied to me even before we met! And I believed every single thing you said for eight months. I was so dumb! And I thought, I thought you loved me too.” Rae croaked out the last sentence as her tears flowed endlessly down her cheek.

“Rae, listen, I know-..” I wanted to tell her how much I actually love her!

“No, you listen! You wanted a reason, right? This is the reason why I broke up with you! Why, it’s not valid enough? You played with my feelings. Why? Why did you do all this to me? What did I do to you? Your PI mentioned something about the beach where your parents died. You do know that I was the little girl who witnessed the murder scene, do you? Why are you going all out to hurt me? I just don’t understand! I can still remember the murderer’s face for god’s sake!” Rae exclaimed.

I froze.

“You do know that I was the little girl who witnessed the murder scene, do you? Why are you going all out to hurt me? I just don’t understand! I can still remember the murderer’s face for god’s sake”

Rae wasn’t the murderer? I mean yeah, she was a child but who knows!

I tilted my head.

“Y-You’re not the murderer?” I blurted out.

Rae’s eyes widened when she heard my question. It sounded stupid.

“Of course not! I was only 9 years old! Kyu, do you have any idea what you’re saying? You thought I was the murderer? You thought I killed your parents? That’s why you plotted to hurt me? To get to know me first? To make me fall in love with you? And then what were you going to do next? Dump me?” Rae sobbed as she wiped her tears away from her face.

I don’t understand. My aunt won’t lie to me. She won’t. Wait, Rae said she still remembers the murderer’s face.

“You said you still remember the murderer’s face, right? How did the murderer look like?” I questioned.

She lifted an eyebrow as she heard me.

“It was a woman. Her eyes had this piercing stare which was really scary. Her smile was so wide. And she had a mole. Right above her lips on the left side. If I’m not wrong. That’s all I remember.” Rae said.

My heart felt like it was being torn apart.

I was fooled by my own aunt?! That’s ridiculous! She won’t do that to me. She won’t. She loved me like her own son. Why would she do that?

“I-I don’t believe you.” I stuttered.

Just then, the door opened and in came my aunt.

“Kyu, my favourite nephew.  I knew I would find you here. Oh? Who is this lady? Is she the girl who broke up with you? Why is she here? I told you right from the start, she wasn’t any good. What are you doing with her?” My aunt said as her lip curled into a smile.

 

Park Shin Rae’s POV

Nephew? That was Kyu’s aunt?

She looked so familiar. The mole, the smile, the eyes.

S-She…She….She is the one. She was the murderer that killed Kyu’s parents.

Kyu’s aunt killed Kyu’s parents.

Oh my god.

Just then, Kyu’s mobile phone rang. He picks up the call, looking over to me then to his aunt. And his eyes widened he whispered a few details and he hung up.

“I can’t believe you lied to me for eighteen years! You! My very own aunt who took care of me since I was ten, was in fact the real murderer to my parent’s death! I was living with a murderer all this while! Why did you pushed the blame to Rae?” He shouted at her.

“Kyu, what are you talking about? This lady here is the murderer!” His aunt denied.

“My PI just called me, he already gathered enough evidence. You were the one who killed my parents.” Kyu said. As he went and stood in front me, protecting me.

My heart ached that he had to find out about such things through the hard way. He must be feeling so hurt. The person who took care of him all this while was actually the one who destroyed his family.

His aunt no longer looked frantic; in fact she looked really calm. That was frightening.

“So what if I did? Your father was a useless man, marrying your mother. How could he leave me out of his will! I was his only sister! And he made me break up with my first love! Since I couldn’t get my hands on the man I loved, I might as well just live with money. Your parents left you a huge fortune, didn’t they? And if you’re dead, the money goes to me.” His aunt said slowly.

“What? You made me do all this to Rae because she was the only witness and now you want to kill me as well? Who are you?” Kyu was confused. I could see it in his eyes.

“Enough with the talk, let’s get this over with.” His aunt said as she pulled out a gun from her back pocket.

No. She can’t be for real.

She wants to kill Kyu now?!

A gunshot was heard as a few police officers barged into the room. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Ahhh, yes. The usual cliffhanger.

You guys were very smart, and yes his aunt was the murderer! But don't leave just yet. The story is not ending anytime soon. More action is coming up! 

I wasn't very confident when I started writing this story because it was something entirely different from what I usually wrote. But now, it's kind of getting interesting! Heheheh. 

Continue to support and COMMENTTTTTTTT. I love reading all your comments! <3

It helps me write a better chapter! 

New readers, subscribe! 

 

Xoxo.