Taking Care.

A Careless Mistake

 

Kyu leaned back down on to his pillow as I tucked him in, bringing the thermometer to his mouth.

“Ahhh.” I said as Kyu pouted before opening his mouth.

I slipped the thermometer tip into his mouth as I took away the towel that was on his forehead and placed in back in to the basin.

Kyu took my hand and held it in his. I turned around and smiled at him at the same time, his thermometer beeped.

I took the thermometer out of his mouth and sighed. “It still isn’t going down. Kyu, you need to get some rest. Badly.” I said as I rested the back of my palm of his forehead, feeling the heat.

“You’ll be here, with me. Right?” He whispered.

I stared at him as my expression softened. I ruffled his hair, “Of course, I’ll be here. I told you I was going to take care of you, didn’t I?” I whispered back before taking the towel and squeezing out the water.

“Okay, as long as you won’t leave me again.” Kyu said as he started to close his eyes, the medication kicking in.

I leaned forward and kissed his forehead before placing the towel over. “I won’t.”

I sat next to Kyu for the next one hour, changing and putting the cold towel on his forehead. He must have suffered quite a bit for him to fall sick. I never remembered him falling ill previously.

After a while, I got up bringing the basin, the towel and the thermometer to the bathroom. After throwing the water away, drying the towel and cleaning the thermometer, I made my way to his kitchen.

Kyu’s not feeling well so therefore, I shall make him some porridge, let me take a look in his fridge if he has enough ingredients.

Stirring the pot of porridge in front of me, the smell was heavenly. After moving out on my own, I had to learn how to take care of myself. Apparently Kyu wasn’t the type to learn all these.

I turned off the gas and covered the pot with the lid. 

Settling down on the sofa, I took out my work documents and a pencil and started sketching my ideas out on a piece of paper.

I wasn’t getting enough sleep this few days as well. Work was piling up and the stress from the separation wasn’t helping me too.

I must have dozed off on the sofa after a while as I felt something warm against my skin.

My eyes fluttered open as I stared at a pair of brown luscious orbs which was already staring right back at me.

Those beautiful chocolate eyes, like I can see all the way into the person’s soul. But the eyes were not happy.

“Kyu?” I called as I looked down. He had covered me with a blanket.

He was frowning. “You’re tired too.” He said.

I rubbed my eyes, shaking my head.

“I was doing my work. I guess I fell asleep accidentally.” I said as I stretched my arms. Kyu took a seat next to me on the sofa, pulling me to him as I snuggled myself against his chest.

“Why not you go sleep on my bed?” He said why my hair and my lower back.

Suddenly remembering about the porridge, I sat up straight.

“Kyu, I made you porridge, come let’s go have some!” I said, standing up from the sofa and pulling Kyu along to the kitchen where I made him sit on the high chair at the bar top counter as I went to heat up the porridge.

Turning towards him , I poured him a glass of warm water and placed it in front of him.

“Drink.” I commanded. Before breaking into a smile.

Kyu looked at me before taking a sip.

“The whole glass, Kyu.” I said as I turned around, going back to the stove.

I scooped a small bowl of porridge for Kyu and settled it in front of him at the bar top counter.

After passing him a spoon, I twirled back to get myself a small bowl too. I was getting hungry as well.

Standing on the opposite side of the counter, I placed the bowl down as I stared at Kyu.

“Why aren’t you eating? No appetite? Do you want something else. Kyu?” I asked, concerned that my porridge might be a reason why he ain’t eating.

“No, I was waiting for you so we can begin together.” He said with a small smile trailing off his lips.

I let out a sigh of relief. He totally scared me there for a moment.

“Let’s eat then!” I said, dipping my spoon into my bowl of porridge as I looked up to see Kyu’s reaction.

He lowered his face, bringing the spoon to his mouth, blowing it first then putting it into his mouth. He seemed to be thinking about something else as I watched his brows furrowed.

“Kyu? Is it not nice? You want me to cook something else?” I asked, worried, placing my hand on his cheek.

“No, it’s not that.” He placed his hand over mine and tugged me to walk over to his side which I did, quickly.

I stood in front of him as he sat on the high chair, his hand holding onto mine, he pulled me into his arms.

“Rae, thank you.”  Kyu said while resting his forehead on my shoulder.

“Kyu, it’s just a bowl of porridge.” I said, placing my hands on his back.

“No, thank you for coming back to me. Thank you for coming back.” He whispered.

“Look who’s being fluffy and mushy nowadays.” I teased Kyu.

“Come on, Kyu. I want you to finish up this bowl of porridge, take your medication and go get some more rest. Okay?” I said as I pulled away.

“I will if you’re staying over.” He said with a cute pout.

“Oh gosh, when did you- No, you and cute don’t match.” I said laughing.

“Hey!” Kyu said at my comment.

“I will stay over so quickly finish this.” I said, nodding towards his bowl of porridge.

Kyu’s face lit up like a little kid in a candy store as he quickly finished his bowl of porridge and his glass of water.

After putting away everything and keeping the rest of the porridge. I made my way to the bathroom to change into the extra clothes I had in Kyu’s house and when I came back to Kyu’s bedroom area I found him taking his medication.

“Goood boy.” I said as I sat at the edge of the bed, taking his glass of water away from his hand and placing it on the side table for him.

Kyu scooted over and patted the new space he created for me. “Come, you must be tired, taking care of me and making me such delicious porridge.”

I smiled as I climbed under the blankets next to Kyu.

He wrapped his arm around me as I leaned my head against his chest.

“Maybe I should be happy that I fell sick.” He said.

“Hmmm?” I replied.

“If I wasn’t sick, you could have just grabbed your stuff and left my house without caring about me.” He said swiftly.

“True. I could have just done that.” I said with a giggle.

"But that doesn’t mean I wanted you to be sick. I hope you recover as soon as possible.” I continued while putting my palm against his forehead.

His fever must be subsiding.  That’s good.

I placed my arms over Kyu’s stomach as I laid in his arms, remembering the times we used to be like these at my apartment.

“Kyu? How about you move in with me?” I asked curiously, looking up at him.

“Move in with you?” He looked down at me as he lifted an eyebrow.

“Yeah, you know, like since I’ve stayed over at your place before maybe next time you can stay over at mine for a period of time. Besides our homes are just a few streets away from each other. How about that?” I said with a smile.

“That sounds like a very appealing idea. I like it.” He said before putting his lips on my forehead.

“Really? So when you’re well enough, you’re going to move in with me!” I said happily.

Kyu laughed at my reaction and hugged me closer to him.

I reached over to switch off the side lamp, leaving his night lamp on.

In the dim environment of Kyu’s apartment, in his bed with him by my side. I hugged him closer to me and my eyelids slowly closed and I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! *waves*

Here's a fluffy chapter for you before I fly offfffff! I hope you enjoyed it. Wheee, happy moments! ^^

Just a hint for the next chapter, I'm going to write about a phobia Shin Rae has and the aunt will be appearing soon again in a next chapter or so!

So exciting!

I love you readers for your commmments! So do continue to write your opinions/feedbacks/thoughts! I read them all!

Commmmmmment.

 

 

Xoxo.