The Starting Of The Drama.

A Careless Mistake

 

"Kim Mi? Hey, do you remember Joo Won?” I asked as I placed the cordless phone on my shoulder as I tilted my head to balance the phone while I painted my toenails.

“Joo Won? As in Kim Joo Won? Of course, I remember him! Park Shin Rae! It’s this the first day you know me?!” I heard Kim Mi shout across the line.

“I was thinking, are you free today? Let’s meet up! I’ve have not seen you since I came back from the mission trip and I missed you terribly!” I pretended to whine as I thought about my meeting with Joo Won later.

I was keeping my promise to him. Kim Mi had a major crush on him during university and after summoning enough courage, she confessed to him but all he did was to stare blankly at her while she ran off.  I don’t think she has forgotten about it ever since then. She never liked another guy after Joo Won.

After my meeting with Joo Won yesterday, I figured out that he likes Kim Mi too but he never had the courage to tell her so. Look who’s playing the part of cupid? Me.

“Yup, at that usual café! See you later!” I said as I saw Kyu walked into the bedroom.

“Who’s that?” He asked.

“Kim Mi! I’m meeting her later! I missed that girl so much!” I said as I started fanning my toenails to get them to dry faster.

“What about me!” Kyu whined as he settled himself behind me, bringing me onto his lap.

“Yaaa, be careful, I just painted my nails!” I said as I smacked his thighs, earning a groan from Kyu.

“Where you guys meeting, can I come along?” He pouted.

“Don’t think I don’t know, you have a wedding photo shoot today.” I said as I turned my body slightly and poked his nose.

“Aish.” He sighed.

I laughed

I got ready and left the house to meet Kim Mi and Joo Won.

Kim Mi was already waiting for me in the café as I walked in. Hold on a minute, she was wearing the same cardigan as me! The one we bought together when we first went overseas without our parents!

“Kim Mi! We’re wearing the same thing!” I said as I hugged her tightly, gosh I missed this woman! We looked like twins!

“Haha, great fashion minds think alike!” She replied with a smile as she hugged me tightly too.

We sat down and talked for a while before I got Joo Won’s message saying he was reaching.

“Kim Mi, remember I asked you about Joo Won?” I asked.

“Mmmm, yeah, I was wondering why you brought him up. You know what happened between us. Why must you bring him up again?” She replied, sipping her coffee.

“How if, he actually liked you?” I threw the question at her.

She looked up at me with wide eyes. “Did he mention anything about me to you?” She choked.

“No, I met him recently and I have a feeling, he actually liked you from the start but somehow he didn’t manage to express his feelings for you…” I stated.

“Nooo, it’s over already. After all these years, Rae! I was just stupid. How would you know?” She stared at me.

“I just had this feeling.” I said as I saw Joo Won coming in.

“Shin Rae! I didn’t know you were meeting someone els- Kim Mi?!”  Joo Won said as he saw Kim Mi who looked up to the person who greeted me.

Ahh, don’t need to thank me Joo Won, it’s how I’m going to repay you for the photo frame. Heh.

Kim Mi looked at me hastily, and looked back at Joo Won.

“Do you mind if I join you guys?” He asked.

“Oh, definitely not.  Actually I’m going to meet Kyu now. Got to go! See you!” I said as I grabbed my bag.

“You’ll thank me for this.” I whispered to Kim Mi as she continued to glare at me.

And I left.

 

Kim Mi’s POV

After all this years, seeing him once again was like a miracle. He still looks absolutely charming.

What the heck are you thinking! Gosh, I want to kill Rae! No wonder she suddenly brought him up. She planned this!

“Erm, just so you know, I didn’t know you were going to be here. Honestly, I thought I was just meeting Rae to discuss about her present for her boyfriend.” Joo Won rubbed the back of his neck. Was he nervous?

“Yeah right, you expect me to believe that?” I said as I wanted to leave.

But Joo Won grabbed my wrist.

“Please don’t leave. I’ve got something to say.” He stated in a firm tone.

I looked back at him.

Was Rae right? Did he actually like me from the very beginning? No, I shouldn’t hold such thoughts.

I nodded and sat back down on the chair. He too did the same.

“I know this is very late but after that time when you confessed to me, you left so abruptly that I never had a chance to tell you. And you disappeared, I asked around but no one knew what happened to you until I met Shin Rae recently. I should have just contacted her right from the start.” Joo Won started.

“What did you want to tell me?” I asked, stirring my spoon in the cup.

His hands landed on top of mine as I quickly looked up.

“Kim Mi, I like you. I always have. But I didn’t know how to response that time. So I never had the chance to tell you how I feel. I know it’s a bit too late. I hope you haven’t found someone yet..” He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

I wanted to just melt there on the chair.

Joo Won just confessed to me! After so many years!

“What if I’ve already found someone?” I asked jokingly.

His eyes widened and his grip tightened. “You have? Shin Rae didn’t say anything. I’m sorry…” He said as he let go of my hand and withdrew slowly.

I quickly grabbed his hand and smiled at him.

“After that time, I’ve never once gone out with another guy, you know!” I said.

Joo Won was smiling back at me.

“That’s good. Because from now on, you shall go out with only one guy. Me.” He said as he pointed to himself with the other hand.

I giggled and my face froze as Joo Won leaned forward very quickly and pecked me on my lips. I really have to thank Rae even though this precious gift arrived a few years late, it still returned back to me.

“Joo Won..” I breathed as he pulled away,  I leaned forward and pecked him quickly.

“And we could have been together earlier if you had contacted me!” I said.

Joo Won just laughed as we continued to talk about the time we have missed.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

“Hello? Oh hello, it’s been a while since we’ve contacted each other. I don’t remember giving you any tasks so may I ask the purpose of you calling me today?” I said the moment I answered the call from my PI.

“Hello, Mr Cho. I know you didn’t give me any tasks but I was on the way to another assignment when I spotted Ms Park in a café with another man. They were behaving very weirdly. They were quite intimate…” He said.

What? Rae with another man? She said she was meeting Kim Mi. “Are you sure? This is not something you can joke about, you know.” I asked him, I definitely do not want to misunderstand anything, this was a serious issue.

“Yeah, I’m serious. I can send you the picture that I took right away.” He said and he hung up.

I blinked as I got the message.

I opened it and stared at it.

That was the exact same cardigan that Rae wore out just now to meet Kim Mi today. I couldn’t see her face but I was sure of the cardigan. And she was kissing a guy?! Why would she do that?

I don’t understand. Anger in me rose as I continued to stare at the picture. Rae would not cheat on me, would she? I mean we just got back together. She would not do anything to hurt me.

My grip on my mobile phone tightened. My brows furrowed. I was boiling. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Drama is starting! Uh oh, Kyu's getting angry!

Did you guys check out Kyu's selca?! Heheheheehehehehehehehehehhee. He looked so tired though. Oh well, he said he had fun anyway! 

^^ Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmment! 

 

 

Xoxo.