The End.

A Careless Mistake

 

Kyu pulled over by the carpark as I stared at him. “What are we doing here?” I asked curiously.

The smell of the salty sea reached my nostrils the moment I stepped out of the car and I wrinkled my nose. “Kyuuuu, what are we doing here? Why are we even here?” I demanded, getting a bit annoyed.

“I can’t do this.” I said, pinching my nose with my fingers. The scent of the sea was just overwhelming; overwhelming enough to make me think back of the memories.

Like a flashback, the scenes of what happened that very day shot through my mind. The way the bodies were dragged over the sand, leaving a trail of blood; the way the lips curled up; that glare.

I shook my head as my face scrunched up in disgust; I felt like barfing.

He locked the car and walked over to my side, taking my hand into his immediately, looking down into my eyes. “Rae, I listened to you; I went to visit my aunt. So now it’s your turn to complete your part. I want you to overcome this. I don’t want you to be afraid too. Thus we’re here at the beach. It’s a lovely windy afternoon, isn’t it?” He said as he looked around.

I opened my mouth, wanting to speak about my disagreement but I closed it immediately. Kyu was right; he did go to visit his aunt like how I persuaded him too. If I showed my unhappiness about being at the beach, it doesn’t seemed fair. The point is I do have a PHOBIA of the beach. It’s not something I can get over with so quickly.

“Phobia here, remember?” I said pointing to myself.

“Don’t worry, I’m here. I’m always here. With you.” He said comfortingly.

“B-But I’m not dress for the beach!” I whined, hating the thought of sand getting into my ballet flats when I walked in the sinking sand.

Kyu looked at me with a lifted eyebrow before walking to the boot of the car. “I knew you would say that as an excuse, Rae. Too bad, I came prepared today.” He smirked as he opened the boot lid.

I stared at him with a perplexed look on my face before walking to the back of the car to stand next to him.

He did come prepared; slippers, towels, shorts, sunscreen lotion, umbrella, he even prepared a swimsuit for me. I snorted when I saw him holding it up for me. “Hah? You are kidding! You want me to wear that?” I said as I took a look at the tankini he brought along for me. “Are you sure, this is my size?” I said with a laugh.

“I’m absolutely sure.” He replied confidently, earning a curious stare from me. “Rae, I hug you every single day and night. You think I don’t know your waist size and your other sizes?” He said with a huge grin, wiggling his eyebrow.

My jaw dropped when he said that. “Cho Kyuhyun! Yah!” I half-shouted at him.

“Go change alright? I’ll be waiting outside.” He said as he pushed me towards the changing room just next to the open carpark.

I walked clumsily to the changing room, turning around to see Kyu changing into flip flops and putting on a pair of sunglasses. I sighed as I went into the changing room.

“Okay, I can do this. It’s only a location. It’s only a place. A public place, a venue.” I thought to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror. I had changed into the tankini that Kyu brought. It wasn’t that bad and his choice of design was quite good too. It hugged my curves at the right places; it was just my size. I’m still wondering how he knew the exact size. Hmmmm.

I slipped into the flip flops and wore an oversize sleeveless shirt over before putting on the pair of couple sunglasses he had thrown into the bag that he gave me.

I took another deep breath and walked out of the changing room, looking around for Kyu. He was already at the center of the half crowded beach, placing a huge towel on the sand and jabbing the beach umbrella at the corner for some shade. He even brought a small cooler bag for water. How thoughtful.

I strolled over to where he was, somehow I got distracted just by looking at him and I didn’t mind the sand as I placed the bag down on another corner of the towel as he looked up at me.

“Wow. If you didn’t approach me, I wouldn’t have known it was you Rae!” He complimented. I smiled as I stepped on to the towel, sitting down right away, kicking away the flip flops; suddenly I minded the sand being stuck to my feet.

“If at any point, you feel uneasy. Tell me okay?” He said as he sat down next to me.

I nodded my head. Fine, since I’m already here at the beach, might as well make the most out of it. I took off the sleeveless shirt as Kyu watched. When was the last time I’ve been to the beach? Oh right, since that time. The afternoon breeze was really windy even though the sun was scorching hot. Kyu shifted to sit behind me, taking the sunscreen lotion.

“Kyu, I can do-.” But he was already applying the lotion all over my back and the back of neck and down to my arms.

“I don’t want you to go back with a sun burnt.” He replied with a smile. I smiled back as I let him rubbed the lotion all over my exposed skin.

I grabbed the lotion over and squirted some of it onto my palms as I turned around to face Kyu. “Now it’s your turn.” I said as I rubbed the lotion onto his exposed arms and neck.  Kyu laughed as he let me apply the lotion on his skin. As quickly as he could, he leaned forward and pecked me on my nose.

I got a shock and my sunglasses slid down the bridge of my nose, with a smirk plastered on his face, Kyu used his index finger and pushed it back up.

“Yah!” I said as I nudged him.

“You know you like it!” He teased as he started to tickle me.

“Kyuuuuuuuu. HAHAHAHAHAHA.”  I burst out laughing as I squirmed in his arms. Kyu settled me in between his legs as I leaned back onto his chest.

“This is comfortable.” I said as I tilt my head.

Kyu kept his hands around my waist as he rocked us from left to right. “Very comfortable.” He replied.

I settled in his arms as I closed my eyes, inhaling the sea breeze once more. It wasn’t that bad as I thought it would be.

We stayed in that position for a long while as I nestled in his lap as Kyu kept me close to him as possible.

“Thirsty?” He said after a while. I opened my eyes and nodded. Kyu reached out for the cooler bag and took out a bottle of ice water.

“You really came prepared.” I said as I grabbed the bottle from him but he held it away from me.

I tried to take the bottle but Kyu didn’t let me.  Instead, he opened the cap and drank from it, letting me see him gulping down the ice cool water.

“Yah!” I said.

With that, he took the bottle and splashed the contents onto me. I gasped and screamed as the water was freezing cold which was refreshing but I didn’t expect him to do that.

“CHO KYUHYUN!” I shouted as I heard his evil laughter rippled through the air.

“I’ll get you for this!” I said as I snatch the cooler bag and took out another bottle of water.

Kyu’s eyes widened as he started running away. “Rae!”

“YAH! CHO KYUHYUN! GET BACK HERE!” I shouted as I started running after him.

Somehow we ended up near the water.

I was about to throw the bottle of water in Kyu’s face when I looked down on the sand.

There on the wet sand was a message. A very short message with a huge meaning and commitment behind it and at the end of the message was a box. I dropped the bottle down onto the sand.

I stared back at Kyu who nodded to the message. My hand flew to cover my mouth; I took a few steps back as I accessed the situation. I was completely in shock. I didn’t know what to say or do.

Then I burst into tears. I bet Kyu didn’t expect me to cry at such a time but he took a step forward towards me while I raised my hand to stop him.

“Rae?” He was frowning now; his eyebrows knotting together, his lips in a firm line.

Tears streamed down my cheek as I wiped them away. I broke into a smile as I ran into Kyu’s arms, hands flying around to his back; hugging him.

“YES! YES!” I cried out happily, overjoyed with the emotions building inside of me.

Kyu pulled away, “What did you say?!”

I smacked his shoulder. “Isn’t that what you want to hear? Yes! I will marry you! You silly boy!” I said in Kyu’s face.

His lips curled into such a bright smile as he lifted me and spun me around before placing me back on my feet. Cupping my face, he leaned in super close until we were just a lip’s distance away from each other.

“I love you, Park Shin Rae!”

“I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

A year later.

I was in the giant bookstore, finding a particular book. I have been searching for the hard covered version for so long. I walked into a certain row and my eyes scanned the titles quickly.

Finally! I saw the title and reached for the book and at the same time, another pair of hands touched the book when I did.

“Oh! It’s okay, you can have it!” The other person stated as I looked up.

“Kyu?”

 “Hahahahah. Rae! We both found the same book for our child.” He said with a laugh.

I broke into a smile. “I thought you were at a wedding photo shoot?”

“I’m having a break now, sweetie. Why are you up running around? You should be getting some rest at home!” Kyu commanded as he caressed my baby bump.

“I’ve been trying to find this book! The web said that this store had stock!” I replied as we took the book off the shelf.

“You’re one amazing woman, Mrs Cho.” Kyu said as he leaned in to kiss my cheek. I tilt my head so I could kiss his too. “You’re not bad yourself too, Mr Cho.”

I let my fingers find his as we held our hands and walked to the counter. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Yes, the story is completed! I know I know. I didn't want to end it so quickly but I just felt it was time this story ended so there. I would like to thank all of you who have fervently subscribed and contributed to the viewcount. Thank you for your comments and encouragement! I appreciate all of them! 

Please look forward to my new fanfic! 

I love you readers! 

 

Xoxo.