To Kill A Mockingbird.

A Careless Mistake

 

When I ran back to take Rae’s birthday present, all I wanted to do was to just get it for her as fast as possible. And so much happened between us because of the earthquake.

Because of the earthquake, I was able to gain Rae’s forgiveness. It was a painful sacrifice but I owed her. It was my fault in the first place. When Rae poured out her feelings to me that night after we were alone, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. The feelings were so intense, she was desperately worried for me, it was plastered all over her face and tears were streaming down her cheek.

It pained me to see her like that. However, I’m glad she’s finally by my side again. We’re finally together. And it’s all that I ever wanted; to be together with Rae once again.

We sat on the sofa and talked about everything that has happened between us. I confessed to Rae the entire truth, how I hated her at first and how I planned my coincidental meetings with her.

I guessed she was already mentally prepared to hear all of these as she sat there quietly, listening to my every word as I spoke.

“Sooo, if you won’t such a stalker, what do you want to be, Kyu?” Rae asked as she rested her head on my shoulder.

I turned and play with the ends of Rae’s hair. I knew what I wanted to be since I was young, before knowing about my parent’s death. I always had a thing for photography. I know photography is part of stalking but what I meant by being a photographer was that I want to capture precious moments for people especially being a wedding photographer.

That also explains why I rather hang a lot of photo frames round my house than any other stuff.

Photography was something that kept me going after my parent’s death. Seeing their smiling and happy faces in pictures got me through those stressful nights, especially when I was studying.

And after I started stalking Rae, taking photos of her daily life became such an enjoyable hobby because the subject that I was taking picture of was so beautiful. Her smile lit up my camera screen. She was such a lovely lady.

“I always wanted to be a wedding photographer.” I said.

Rae got up and looked at me with a shocked look on her face.

“Why? I don’t look like someone who is into photography?” I said as she squirmed back into my embrace.

“Isn’t photography part of stalking? Gosh, Kyu!” Rae joked as I wrapped my arms around her.

“To a small extent, yes, I admit. But it was you that made me persistent in this interest.” I replied honestly.

“Hmmm? What do you mean?” Rae answered as she leaned her head back onto my chest.

“I was blown away by your beauty, Rae. You were so gorgeous in my photos that I almost forgot why I was stalking you. But after knowing you, I realize your inner beauty is perfect too.” I said as I her hair.

Rae turned around slightly and hugged me, “Cho Kyuhyun, from now on, no more secrets, do you hear me?” She said before pecking me on my cheek.

“No more secrets.” I echoed after her before crashing my lips on hers as we stayed in the embrace.

 

Rae would come over whenever she feels like it and after a few weeks, half of her wardrobe was already left in my apartment. Thank goodness my walk in wardrobe had space to fit her stuff. My leg had fully recovered and I’ve decided to look for a job since I didn’t actually have one before. I didn’t want to rely on the inheritance money, which would just make me into a bratty person which I do not want to become.

Now, I’ve opened up my interest in photography, I was thinking of working freelance as a wedding photographer and since Rae works from home most of her time, we spend a lot of our free time together which I really enjoy.

We were just like a married couple minus the status and the vows. I love this woman and I know we will have a future together.

“What are we doing here in the bookstore?” Rae asked as we walked into the bookstore hand in hand.

“I thought I would like to further extend your belated birthday present. Pick any book or books you like and I’ll get it for you.” I said smiling.

Rae’s eyes widened.”Seriously! Kyu!” She exclaimed.

I just nodded my head happily to see her being so happy.

Then she stopped, “How if I suggest something else, Kyu?” She asked curiously.

“Like what?” I said as we stopped by the shelves of new arrivals.

“How about we each go find one particular book, if the books we chose are the same, you get the book for me. But if they’re not the same, I don’t want you to waste money and I will not get the book. I’m actually quite satisfied with your bag of peppermint tea bags, you know.” Rae said, cupping my face in her hands.

I narrowed my eyes at her; she was always finding ways and excuses to stop me from getting her gifts.

“So, just one particular book?” I asked as I lifted an eyebrow.

“Yeah. You’ll go first. I don’t want you to cheat.” Rae said with a smirk.

I stared at her as I walked off to the opposite side of the bookstore. There were hundred thousand over books to choose from, which book does Rae want? Which book has Rae got her eyes on?

This is going to be a little challenging. I thought for a while, Rae once had a list of books when I first met her. She off the title of the book, the moment she buys it. She had about forty-five titles on that list? The last time I checked it, she had already off about thirty-eight or forty of those titles.

I walked pass the shelves, looking for a particular category; I had to find the same book as Rae. And one book came to my mind immediately, I searched for the book and I finally found it in a corner.

I wasn’t sure if Rae was going to pick the same book as me but this was the only book I could think of. I remembered Rae mentioning it once to me but I couldn’t remember what happened after that.

I got the book and held it behind me as I walked back to Rae. She was grinning.

“Got the book? Okay, my turn.” She said as she whirled off to find her book.

When Rae was out of sight, I looked back at the book I was holding on to. I hope it will be the same one.

Within a few minutes, Rae was back. I quickly hid the book behind me again, anticipating.

“Alright, let’s see if we picked the same book.” She said as she had hers behind her back as well.

“Since you wanted only one book, I have to have a condition as well. If we get the same book, you will move in with me. Deal?” I said as I smirked as Rae’s face while she bit her bottom lip, considering.

“It’s quite a difficult challenge. Alright, deal! I doubt you would get the same book anyway, there are so many books around here.” She boasted confidently.

Now, I really hope it’s the same book.

“Alright. Why not you show me your book first?” I said, nodding at her.

“Fine.” She replied as she took the book behind her and showed it in my face.

I immediately broke into a wide grin.

“To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. We both got the exact same book! You’re going to move in with me!” I said loudly bringing the book I was holding in front to show it to Rae, gaining a few stares from the people in the same row.

Rae’s face was incredibly funny to look at right now. She was super shocked that I would pick that book out of all the books here in the bookstore.

“H-How? How did you know I want this book?” She stuttered as she was still stunned.

“You mentioned it to me before and it was the only book I could think of.” I said as I placed my book back on the shelf, grabbing Rae’s hand as we made our way to the cashier.

“Let’s go for dinner, the deal will only start tomorrow.” I joked. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Surpriseeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ Decided to give you a double update since I left you hanging empty for a week without KyuRae! :) I think they miss you toooooo so they're so fluffy nowwwwwwwwww. Hehehe. Drama coming up sooooooooooon! And I'll be introducing a new character! Hehehehehehe. 

Have any of you gus read To Kill A Mockingbird before? It's my favourite literature text! Love it to bitssssssssss. 

Who loves Kyu's new hair colour? It looks good on himmmmmmmmmmmm! ;) COMMENT!

 

 

Xoxo.