Confession.

A Careless Mistake

 

His hand rose to the back of my neck unknowingly, pushing me closer to him. I wrapped my hands on his cheek as I brushed my thumb across it several times as we kissed.

How I missed this feeling.

He broke the kiss but I leaned forward and pecked him once more but I found myself in a lip lock with Kyu.

I felt so happy to know that he’s safe. When the old couple told me that Kyu might have not made it, I almost broke down.

Someone, I think it was Lyn? Who coughed uneasily and I knew it was a signal for me to stop.

I broke the kiss and just rest my forehead on his forehead, while breathing him in.

“There, all done. We managed to stop the bleeding while you distracted him. We also injected a medicine to keep the pain numb for a few hours. That was a rather good distraction though!” One of the doctors said, giving me a thumbs up as I turned my head to look at them as I blushed.

“He’ll be fine for now but we suggest he fly back to the mainland to get treatment as we’re limited in our resources.” Another doctor said.

The director nodded his head, “You guys will take tomorrow’s evening flight back home. Don’t need to worry about us. I’ve already called for more helpers. Rae, you take care of Kyu, alright? Remember, tomorrow’s evening flight back. Take care.” He said as the rest of the others just smiled and nodded as they made their way out of the room; leaving me alone with Kyu.

I turned back to a grinning Kyu. “What?” I asked.

“That was one hell of a distraction. I really enjoyed it.” He teased.

“Yaa! If it was not for your leg, I didn’t even want to kiss you, alright?” I replied.

“I think my leg is in pain again? Do you mind?” Kyu said, pointing to his lips as he started to pucker them.

I smacked his shoulder which earned a groan from him as I remembered he was hurt.

“Ahh, Kyu! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you that hard. Are you alright? Does it hard? I’m sorry, Kyu, I’m so sorry-Woahhhhhhhhh!” I said as Kyu pulled me down to his side as my face fell on his chest while lying next to him.

“Yaaa, what are you doing? Let me go.” I said as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

“I don’t want to let you go.” Kyu said, in a firm tone, his face was serious.

I looked up at him and stared into his eyes.

And that’s when it hit me.

Kyu was here, in front of me, safe and sound. I can feel him underneath me. My hands slowly landed on Kyu’s cheek as I caressed them while I continued to stare at him.

All those heartache seemed to have vanished, my heart felt lighter somehow. Just seeing Kyu was enough to let my frustrations disappear.

I felt completed.

Without knowing, my eyes were swelling with tears and a tear dropped onto Kyu’s cheek as I hovered on top of his face.

Kyu changed his facial expression immediately. “R-Rae? Why are you crying? Don’t cry. I didn’t mean to tease you like that. Rae?” He said as his grip on my waist tightened.

“Nothing.” I said as I wiped my tear away with the back of my hand and brushed the tear away from Kyu’s cheek. I need to control my emotions.

But I couldn’t. The moment I wiped my tear away, I began to sob.

“Oh Kyu….” I said as I rubbed my thumb on his cheek.

“What’s wrong, Rae?” He said, concerned about my sudden break down.

“I-I thought I lost you. I thought I couldn’t see you ever again. I thought you died! Oh Kyu. I was so scared. I was so afraid. Do you have any idea how worried I was? When I woke up back at the hostel and they said you were missing. I cried through the night! I was so bloody worried!”

“And in the morning, after twenty four hours, they said you’re still missing. I was so scared that I’ll lose you forever. The elderly couple whom you saved was sitting next to the messy rubbles and they said you were trapped and you had a very small chance of surviving. Do you know when I heard it; my heart just broke into a million pieces? You ran back because of me and you went missing, I thought you were dead!” I confessed

Kyu was just staring at me throughout my confession.

“I’m sorry I caused you to be so worried. I just wanted to get your birthday present but by the time I reached the stall, the earthquake got worse so I quickly brought the elderly couple out of their stall and ran back to find your present but then the opposite wall collapsed against me.” Kyu said as he cupped one side of my cheeks with one of his as the other continued to rest on my waist.

“I really thought you were dead, Kyu. And that was the most painful thing ever.” I said as pecked his cheek.

“Rae? You forgive me?” Kyu asked curiously.

“How can I forgive you after you put me through such a painful ordeal? I’m going to punish you!” I said as Kyu frowned.

“Your punishment will be to stay by my side forever and ever.” I said with a small smile.

Kyu’s face lit up. “I thought you were angry with me?” He said.

“I am! But through this incident, I finally realized how much I actually love you.  Kyu, I never want to be separated from you again. I rather be miserably happy, than loving someone else other than you. I finally felt your pain when I was in the hospital even though I ‘m not sure if you already loved me….” I said as I rest my head on Kyu’s chest.

“Oh Rae. My Rae. I loved you ever since that day you said you love me. And now I’m so glad to know that you still love me like before.” Kyu said as he caressed my hair.

I wrapped my arms around Kyu as I hugged him on the bed.

“I missed you so much. I missed this so much.” I said softly in his chest, breathing him in.

“Rae, I missed you too. I was pleased you didn’t throw me out after I said I was joining this mission trip.” He chuckled.

And I smiled. “I love your birthday present. Thank you. You know me so well.” I said as I turned my head so I could kiss his jaw.

“I think I can get used to this punishment very quickly.” Kyu said as he leaned forward to kiss my nose.

“But then your birthday present has no use here anymore since we’re leaving tomorrow evening. Ahh! I need to pack our stuff!” I said as I quickly got up.

Kyu held my hand to pull me back.

“Can’t you see we were having a romantic moment?” He pouted.

“Ahh! Kyu, aren’t you hungry, you haven’t eaten in a day. I’ll go get you something light okay? Maybe some bread and water alright? I don’t want you to eat something heavy now. You might vomit it out.” I said as I quickly left the room to the hostel kitchen to get the food and came back to Kyu’s room as fast as possible.

“Can you try to sit up?” I said and Kyu sat up slowly, whining a little as he leg was in a bandage.

“Okay, you sit here and eat while I pack our stuff alright?” I said as I gave him the food and drink before going to the wardrobe and taking out Kyu’s clothes to fold.

“Rae? Pass me some, I can fold some too.” Kyu said to me.

I shook my head.

“I don’t want you to be exhausted.” I said with a small smile.

“It’s just folding! I’m not going to use a lot of strength! Come on, Rae. It’ll be faster for you! Plus, you’ve got your own clothes to fold as well.” Kyu reasoned it out for me.

What he said kind of made sense.

“Alright… But if you feel tired, tell me alright?” I said as I walked over to my room to take my stuff to fold and pack.

 

“You see? We’re all packed now. Told you I can help you!” Kyu said as I placed our huge stuffed backpacks at the side of the bed.

I got up and walked towards the toilet.

“Where’re you going?” Kyu asked sadly.

I went in to take pail and filled it with warm water and took a face towel out to Kyu’s bedside.

“I know it’s kind of difficult for you take a bath now so I thought I’ll just dip the towel in the water and dry clean you.” I said as I started dipping the towel into water and squeezing the water out.

“Rae. You don’t have to do this, I can do it myself.” Kyu said.

“No, I want to do it for you.” I said as I started wiping his hand and to his arm.

“But-..”

“No more buts. You say another word, you can forget about having me back as your girlfriend.” I spoke and that shut him up.

I smirked. My threats always work.