Forgiven.

A Careless Mistake

 

Kyuhyun stared back at me like how I stared at him when he talked to me about the beach.

He blinked twice before swallowing his saliva, gulping loudly for me to hear.

“Rae…” He started.

“Kyu, I’m being serious here.” I stated.

“I was being serious about the beach too.” He debated.

We both sighed. I took his hand and placed them on my lap, intertwining my fingers with his as I squeezed them. “Remember? We talked about this before? Kyu. She’s your aunt.” I commented.

He looked up into my eyes and squeezed my hand tightly. I could sensed his fear; a fear that I’ve not felt before. My hand rose and cupped his cheek, my thumb grazing across his skin.

“Let’s go and visit her today. How about that?” I suggested, tugging on his hand.

Kyu slowly leaned forward and placed his ear on top of my heart as he rested there, tilting his face to the side; closing his eyes, listening to my heartbeat. I broke into a small smile before raising my other hand to his soft brown hair.

“You have no idea how much I love listening to your heartbeat. You can't imagine how that feels." He sighed. “Especially after that incident. Your heartbeat is the most beautiful sound in the entire world to me. Ever.” He continued whispering to me.

I lightly trailed my hand over the perfect muscles of his arm, followed the faint pattern of bluish veins inside the crease at his elbow. With my other hand, I reached to turn his hand over, tracing patterns on the palm.

"Tell me what you're thinking," he whispered. I looked to see his eyes watching me, suddenly intent.

"I don't want you to be afraid." I replied, my eyes boring into his. “I want you to go visit your aunt with me.”

Kyu immediately sat back up to my surprise and stood up from the sofa.

“You know what. You’re right. Why should I be afraid of going to the prison to visit her? She’s behind bars right now. She can’t do anything to you. She can’t hurt you anymore.” He said as I lifted an eyebrow at him.

Shaking my head, I stood up and placed both hands on his face. “Kyu, be nice.” I said. “She’s still your aunt after all.”

 

We sat there nervously, waiting for her to come into the meeting room. The glass panel that separated our world from their world was directly in front of the both of us. Footsteps were heard in the corridor, I shifted my gaze from Kyu to the door on the other side.

A female’s voice was piercing through the roof. Her screams were uneven and they sounded like the person was putting through a struggle; a fight.

Kyu gripped my hand and interlaced our fingers as we waited. I didn’t even need to look at him to feel how intense he felt at the moment. His hand squeezing my hand was enough.

A loud command was shouted in the corridor and the screams stop to a halt. Slowly with a creek, the prison door was flung open and in walked Kyu’s aunt.

Her hair was in a mess, his teeth were chattering against each other, her eyes darting from left to right, up to down. She walked in unsteadily.

Until her gaze shifted to us. To me.

Her eyes widened as she sat in front of us, behind the glass panel, hand reaching for my face but the glass panel prevented her from doing so she just placed her hand on the panel, eyes still looking at me.

In that short moment, she flicker her eyes to the side, to Kyu. This time, her eyes softened as she moved her hand to the spot in front of Kyu’s face.

“Child?” She spoke in her high-pitched voice.

She turned to the prison officer but the prison officer ignored her, instead the prison officer nodded at us to start since there was a time limit. Her behavior was so different. Unlike the once over confident lady I knew. Her appearance had softened.

“A-Aunt? Do you remember me?” I began.

Her head turned to face me sharply as she stared at me with her pair of cat eyes.

Suddenly, she started to giggle. Giggling to herself like a child. I turned my head to look at Kyu who was staring at his aunt intently, also shocked by her behavior.

His aunt started to play with the tips of her hair, swinging her hands in circles.

Kyu looked back at me. “She’s gone crazy.” He breathed.

I nodded my head slightly. I mean, I know I’m not into psychology and stuff but I know when a person isn’t behaving normally. His aunt’s behavior was like a child.

My heart ached as I watched her.

“I miss my Kyuhyun. Do you know where he is?” She shouted with a frown.

I gasped as my hand went to cover my mouth. She looked at us both before speaking again. “I said, do you know where my Kyuhyun is? He took his lollipop and toy camera and went out to play. He’s not home yet.” She said with a pout.

I turned to see Kyu putting his palm on the glass panel. Tears were b at the sides of his eyes. His fingers rolled back and his palm turned to a fist on the glass panel. His hand was shaking.

“I-I’m h-here.” He said as he wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

“You are Kyuhyun? My Kyuhyun?” His aunt said as she tilted her head from left to right, looking at Kyu.

Kyu nodded his head as he rubbed his face against his sleeve before smiling across to his aunt. “I’m Kyuhyun. Y-Your Kyuhyun.”

And I knew at once, Kyu had forgiven his aunt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

 

Saddddddddddddd chapter! Sobs. I thought I should bring the aunt back since the story first began with her. 

Oh Kyuuuuuuuuu. 

Commment! ^^

 

 

Xoxo.