Away.

A Careless Mistake

 

I turned and saw the car speeding down the road, inching towards me. I froze, shocked in that position. My legs couldn’t move they couldn’t bring me to safety.

“Rae! Watch out!”

I heard Kyu’s voice and with that, a hand pulled me back and I crashed onto a person’s chest as we fell and rolled over to the side curb. My eyes were closed by the impact of how fast everything happened.

I continued to keep my eyes closed. There was a stinging pain on my elbow. It must have gotten a scratch and the skin must have been torn as the pain started to spread.

“R-Rae? Rae! Are you alright? Rae, can you hear me? Rae, please open your eyes!” I heard Kyu’s voice said worriedly.

His hand grazed over my cheek, cupping them into his palms. “Rae?! Someone, help me!” He shouted as he hugged my body. That warmth was so tempting.

I opened my eyes slowly to see his frightened face.

“Rae! Are you alright? Are you okay, come sit up. Are you hurt?” He continued his concern questions.

My eyes gazed over his and at once, I saw fear in his eyes. The same fear I had when the earthquake happened. His eyes darted back and forth, looking at my arms and over my body to see if I was hurt, then back to my face again.

“Rae! You’re bleeding at your arms!” He shouted, touching my elbow softly.

I whined at the touch.

“Rae? Say something.” He whispered to me as he noticed I wasn’t speaking.

I frowned and said to him harshly “Don’t touch me.” I stood up clumsily and Kyu hovered around me.

“Rae?” He called.

I took a quick look at Kyu, blood was trailing down his arm. He must have gotten hurt when his hand rose to my back to prevent me from hurting.

With a last glance, I ran off in another direction.

“Rae!” Kyu shouted after me but I wasn’t listening.

I knew if I turned back, I would soften and forgive him and I wasn’t ready to do that. I ran back all the way to my apartment.

My neighbor lifted his eyebrow when he saw me, blood over my elbow.

“Ms Park? You alright?” He asked, concerned, as he was leaving his apartment.

“Erm, Yeah. I had a fall.” I said with a meek smile before entering my apartment.

I went in and sat on my sofa. I didn’t know how to describe the emotions I was feeling at the moment. Anger, frustration, worry, sadness.

I just don’t know. I mean, I ran out of the café because I was angry with Kyu for not believing me at first. But the car incident, the way he held me in his arms, like we never had a quarrel. The way his hands curved round my body when he hugged me, and then I remembered his bleeding arm.

It must have been so painful.

My little scratch is already squeezing the pain out of me, how about his cut? I hope Kyu’s alright.

Aishhhhh. Park Shin Rae, why are you so fickle-minded?! Why can’t you just stay angry with Kyu? Why did you soften almost immediately?

I leaned over and pull the tissue box to my side as I dapped the blood and scratch the dried blood off. I whined at the pain.  

I sighed as I leaned my head back onto the head rest. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

A very short chapter for you. I'm sorry. But I have good news! I have finished all my work for this semester and now it's my 10 weeks semester break so here's the beginning of spam updates! Starting with a short chapter because I got back home late and I've got my part time work today! 

I know how much you guys(my awesome readers) love my cliffhangers. ^^

Commmentttttt.

 

 

Xoxo.