From The Past.

A Careless Mistake

 

“Your parents are dead, Kyuhyun. They died.” My aunt confessed to me, crying against my shoulder as she squatted in front of me at eye level. I was only ten years old when I found out about my parent’s death.

I blinked.

My pillars of strength have disappeared. I will not let them die in vain. I will not.

“And I know who did it. It’s a girl. This is her photograph; her name is Park Shin Rae.” My aunt showed me a picture of a beautiful girl, if it won’t for the fact that she killed my parents, I would have dated her.

“You cannot let your parents die in vain, Kyuhyun. You must take revenge, do you understand?”  My aunt said in my face. I nodded as I sobbed.

Park. Shin. Rae.

Your name has been embedded in my head ever since that day. My parents did left a fortune for me but three quarter of it can only be given to me after I reach twenty-eight years old. I have no idea why they wrote a weird age but I guess is when I need the money?

My aunt took care of me like her own son. She did everything a mother would do for her child.

Since that day, I studied hard, aiming for the top, I would not take anything less than an A grade on my report book. Even in university, I made sure I was in the top five percent of the cohort.

Whenever I felt like I couldn’t make it, I would think back about how my parents died in vain and anger and frustration took over me as I pressed on, determined to preserve.

I was already planning my personal revenge on Park Shin Rae, I got someone to investigate her personal details, her likes, her dislikes, which school she went to, every single detail was not left out. She had almost the same interests as I did so it was not very difficult to remember.

Sometimes I would questioned myself if I was doing the wrong thing but I would hear my parent’s voice in my head. And I know I was doing the correct thing.

Taking revenge on her was the right thing.

After seventeen years of planning and prepping myself for the big plan, I was ready. I was ready to meet her.

I was ready to meet her, for her to fall in love with me and I will take my revenge.

She had led a very comfortable life with her parents. She graduated with a degree in architecture, and now she’s a freelance interior designer. She loves drawing and all that artsy stuff. She has her own apartment and her own car too. She likes to go stationary and book shopping. Her favourite food is lasagna.

But all this years, I wondered, what was the reason behind her killing my parents? What would she gain from that?

I’m prepared.

I knew about her every day happenings; I was basically stalking her 24/7. Today she was going book and stationary shopping. I was already in giant bookstore when she walked in.

I even knew which book she was looking for and I purposely stood in that section. I watched her grown through the years and I must say she does look very pretty now but I was disgusted with her beauty.

She walked closer and closer as I inched closer to the book shelf containing the book she wanted.

We both reached for the same book at the same time. Bingo! That was planned.

“Oh? You may have it.” I said, in a very gentleman tone, trying to leave a good impression.

She blushed.

“Oh, it’s alright. You can have it.” She said. Her voice sounded really lovely but to my ears, they were just horrible.

“Oh no, I’m fine. You can take it. I insist. It’s not every day that I meet a very beautiful lady who shares the same taste with me in literature.” I flirted.

Her blush was now a rosy pink. Shesh.

“I’m Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun.” I introduced myself to get the conversation going, placing my hand out to shake hands.

She quickly brushed her hair behind her ear and reached out to shake my hand.

“Hello Kyuhyun, I’m Shin Rae, Park Shin Rae.” She said with a smile.

I know your name is Park Shin Rae; it’s been in my head for seventeen years.

“Erm, can I get you coffee? Since you let me have the book.” She suggested.

I pretended to think for a while. And I nodded with a smile.

She beamed as she grabbed the book and went to the counter and settled the bill.

“Is Starbucks alright with you?” She asked.

“Yeah, definitely! My favourite drink is from there anyway.” I said.

“Don’t tell me your favourite drink is green tea frapp?” She asked, eyes wide opened, waiting curiously for my answer.

“And change the milk to soy!” I replied. Knowing that was her favourite but the truth is, it was actually my favourite too.

“Oh my gosh! Are you serious? That’s my favourite drink too!” She exclaimed.

“You too? Wow, we must have a lot of stuff in common then!” I said, encouraging her on.

“I think we will have a lot of things in common.” She said with a smile as she left for the counter.

She bought our drinks and we talked for more than an hour.

I was kind of bored but I didn’t show it because I have already known all the things she told me, so I was just hearing it all over again.

I just smile constantly at her. We exchanged numbers and email, even though I already know hers by heart and we even arranged to meet again at an upcoming book fair. 

The game has just started. 

I smirked, knowing that I got her on the right track. She will never find out, that I am and will be her biggest nightmare.