Fountains, Clowns and Emus (Not Necessarily in that Order)

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

To: Baekhyun

From: Avoid This Person At All Costs

 

Baekhyun? Did you just try and call me? Hold on I’m a little busy I’ll call you back.

 

To: Avoid This Person At All Costs

From: Baekhyun

 

Nevermind. I’m busy

 

[Change Name]

 [Name changed from Avoid This Person… to ChanJerk]

 

To: Baekhyun

From: ChanJerk

 

But you just called me?! I’ll call you in a sec. When are you free?

 

To: ChanJerk

From: Baekhyun

 

I’m sorry. I am busy now.

 

And tomorrow.

 

And the day after.

 

And every day after that until the end of time.

 

 

To: Baekhyun

From: ChanJerk

 

You’re an idiot.

 

To: ChanJerk

From: Baekhyun.

 

Sue me.

 

 

Baekhyun grumbled into his hands, though that grumble was a just a teeny-weeny bit louder and a lot more furious than expected, and thus the children in the park fled like a flock of bird screaming something in their stupid whiny voices about mummy mummy there’s a lion in the fountain, to which their mothers would roll their eyes and reply, yes honey, and they’ll eat your head off you little if you keep pestering me. Yet somehow, it seemed only Baekhyun could hear the last bit in a lowered tone. But at least part of it was true. Every single part of part of his body was soaked to the bone with dirty water and he was sitting in that particular coin-filled fountain in the middle of that certain park that was becoming way too much of the proposed place for every dreaded thing that happened in his miserable life so far.


By now, Baekhyun could point a finger at exactly whose fault it was that he’d been on the receiving end of the accumulated bad luck of exactly a thousand and one broken mirrors, twenty tipped salt shakers, five-hundred morons walking under ladders etcetera etcetera. And now, he was in a fountain.

 

 

 

 

A fountain.

 

A freaking fountain…

 

 

 

All he needed was for Medusa pop out of the ground, turn him to stone and he could be the centrepiece.

 

 

In other words, everything was basically Chanyeol’s fault in one way or another, Baekhyun had discovered.

 

This time, it had been one of those oh my is that the time. I have to go moments when Lay had dropped that major bombshell on him. Not that Baekhyun actually had anywhere to go, he found himself awkwardly running like a limp tortoise around the park over that way when in fact his apartment was this way and in the end, he’d found himself ending up there – at the fountain. He sure hadn’t suspected that Lay was going to walk this way – when he figured he should have been going that way, heading back to their apartment in search of Kai. But no, there was every single God in the universe watching him from up there and cheering and sloshing their godly beer around while making bets against each other to see who can predict what exactly that idiot with the eyeliner will do next if they toss down some more bad luck powder. And well yes Lay had walked this way, and Baekhyun had flailed his arms in panic and half-planned to fall over the edge of the fountain into the water, a small girly scream emerged from his mouth when he suddenly remembered his hair. The water was disgusting – every single part of his body (except for his precious hair) was soaked, until he remembered he was in a fountain and not a pool. So after about the time Baekhyun took to register that, the water spurted onto his head and over his face and into his eyes and Baekhyun just felt like crying like a ing girl and ing scooping five-hundred spoonfulls of ice-cream into his face. After he finished crying (on the inside) though nobody could really tell whether he had or not because of the water all over his face, Baekhyun propped himself up uncomfortably onto his knees, and peering over the edge. The coins dug painfully into his skin and Baekhyun suddenly got an evil though to grab a handful, just so he could buy himself a freaking pity meal but then he scowled.

 

 

 

There’s probably a price paid in bad luck for doing that too.

 

 

 

Much to Baekhyun’s relief, or rather slight disappointment because he’d freaking just jumped into a fountain to avoid him, Lay just trotted by obliviously. He followed him with his eyes, looking very much like the grudge on stalker mode, until he jumped a thousand feet in the air when he heard a very family voice.

 

 

 

“What the are you doing?”

 

 

 

 

 .

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t have to look up, but he could feel Chanyeol scanning every inch of his water soaked body and judging him until he shrivelled up like a prune under his stare.

 

 

 

Baekhyun sniffed and stuck his nose up.

 

 

 

“I accidentally dropped my ring,” he stated matter-of-factly.

 

 

 

“So you decided to take a swim while you looked for it.”

 

 

 

“Practice makes perfect.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

A young kid with short black pigtails and wide innocent eyes wandered up to the fountain and stared at both the giant in front of her, and the drenched rat clinging to the side of the stone.

 

 

 

“Are you a homo?” she tilted her head to the side.

 

 

Baekhyun's mouth dropped opened his mouth and Chanyeol laughed.

 

“I think you mean hobo. But no...this is my brother,” he began, smiling a wide (evil) toothy grin and placing his large hand on Baekhyun’s head, “He accidentally dropped one of his special coins here in the fountain!” He crouched forward and rested his hands on his knees, his voice raising a few notes and Jesus Christ, that is one ing e in the making right there ladies and gentlemen. The kid opened and looked at Baekhyun, who in response glared with daggers at the grinning clown.

 

 

“Can I help look for it!”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled.

 

 

“Sure! I’ll help you in here.” He took her hand as she climbed onto the rim and lowered herself into the water. It came up to her waist. Baekhyun shot a warning glance at Chanyeol, but either he didn’t see it, or that bastard didn’t care. Baekhyun voted for the latter.

 

“What does it look like?” the girl called out when she started waddling through the coins. Chanyeol reached to pull Baekhyun out and Baekhyun slapped his hand away. Though he wish he hadn’t, because he nearly slipped on the rim and fell face first onto the stones.

 

 

“It’s round…”

 

 

Baekhyun glared at him. That bastard was even a jerk to kids, not that Baekhyun liked kids and this was very very amusing – so much so he could sit down with a jumbo popcorn and drink but this was just…wrong.

 

 

“Is this it?!” The girl pulled out a silver coin.

 

 

Chanyeol shook his head.

 

 

“It’s a little bit bigger…”

 

 

The girl continued her emu search while Chanyeol started backing away, dragging an unamused Baekhyun with him. After a while, the is it this one? Or maybe this one? Is it silver? What does it look like? This one is green…’s became fainter and fainter until the piercing shriek of Honey what the hell are you doing in the fountain! tore through the air and Baekhyun and Chanyeol both dove for cover behind a large boulder housing a moss covered plaque.

 

 

“That…that was…”

 

 

“Hilarious? Awesome?”

 

 

“Chanyeol-like.”

 

 

“I really do try.”

 

 

 

 

After seeing the mother rush to pull her stupid kid out of the fountain and run off to the car of wherever, the evil (more-so on Chanyeol’s behalf) duo slipped out from their hiding place and continued strolling down the path back to the apartment. Baekhyun ignored the curious onlookers, staring at his drenched state but he didn’t care. He just closed his eyes whenever he passed a reflective surf-

 

 

 

Holy.

 

 

ing.

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol you ing heap no good for nothing!!!!!-”

 

 

 

 

 

“Uh…either that’s a really delayed reaction to something or….”

 

 

 

“MY EYELINER RAN!!! I LOOK LIKE A PSYCO CLOWN.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stared at his face and Baekhyun was glad he was too pissed/embarrassed to blush.  

 

 

 

“I thought you were trying a new look…”

 

 

 

Baekhyun huffed as he rushed over to a hot food stand and snatched a handful of napkin and began tearing over his face.

 

 

“Is it gone?”

 

“Nope. Still there.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun rubbed furiously under his eyes.

 

 

“Now?”

 

“Still there.”

 

 

 

He rubbed until his eyes were sore.

 

 

 

“Gone?”

 

“Nope. It’s still there!”

 

“Where?!”

 

“Like…everywhere…”

 

 

 

Chanyeol gestured to all of his face.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

 

Chanyeol snatched a clean napkin from him and began to rub at his face, and not exactly gently either.

 

Baekhyun furrowed his brow in pain.

 

 

 

“Dammit, it’s still there. Won’t freaking go away…”

 

 

Baekhyun pulled away suspiciously, as he realised Chanyeol was wiping his forehead and . Surely it couldn’t have gone all up there.

 

 

 

“What are you talking about…”

 

 

 

Chanyeol straightened up, a serious expression taking over his usually adorable stupid self.

 

 

 

“Your face. No matter how hard I scrub it just won’t go away-Ow!

 

 

 

Chanyeol retreated from the punch and rubbed his shoulder. His face cracked into a grin a moment later and he slapped Baekhyun on the back and hung him arm loosely around his shoulders.

 

 

 

“It’s gone. Don’t worry Black Beauty.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun half attempted to shrug him off, but in the end it was comfortable. And that was the only reason.

 

 

 

“So why exactly were you drowning yourself in a public fountain on this absolutely glorious afternoon? Was it because I read that postcard? I already know you don’t wear underwear sometim-”

 

 

“SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!” Baekhyun huffed, “And Luhan wrote those you know. I would never ever ever write something so hideously embarrassing. Nor would I even bother to send a postcard to you, we live in the same apartment. And I don’t know why Luhan is such a to me.” Baekhyun bit his lip. He really didn’t know. But he knew it had to do with his and Chanyeol’s past relationship. Speaking of which. “By the way, I came here and I met Lay.”

 

 

 

“Lay?”

 

 

 

 

“Lay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…Lay?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…Lay…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“….Laaaay…..?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“LAY!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“………………………………………………………..Lay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“JESUS ING CHRIST-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa chill man. I know Lay. Could have just said so.”

 

 

 

 

And somehow killing Chanyeol is back on the top of my list.

 

 

 

Chanyeol seemed to snort at Baekhyun’s angry bull expression.

 

 

 

“So what’d he want?”

 

 

 

“He told me you went out with Kris,” Baekhyun blurted out.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah…yeah…”

                                   

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

Awkward silence.

 

 

 

 

Awkward silence.

 

 

 

 

Awkward silen-

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun? Chanyeol? I thought you went home.”

 

 

 

“Oh hey. Lay.”  

 

 

 

“No. No it appears I didn’t.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

Author's note:

 

No i'm not dead. Thank you for asking. No really. 

I hadn't really felt the will to write and even this chapter shows that...TT_TT I am sorry.

I will write a better chapter in the future. Fufufufuf.....

 

Annyeong.