Murder in the House

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

Baekhyun bit back his sobs as he wandered in the darks. His hands were outstretched in front of him, his mind racing. He knew he shouldn’t be doing this. It was wrong.

 

He opened a draw and his hand carefully searched around. His heart heavied as his fingers tightened around the wooden handle. He pulled out the knife and held it close to his chest.

 

 

 

He didn’t know why he was doing this.

 

 

 

He could be sent to jail.

 

 

 

 

His heart raced and his mind spun. He couldn’t find his way in the dark, but slowly and surely, he found his target.

 

 

 

 

“I’m…so…sorry…” He whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

He brought the knife down...just as the light flicked on.

 

 

 

 

 

“Byun You-Don't-Have-A-Middle-Name Baekhyun!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun jumped a metre in the air, accidentally letting go of the knife and his life flashed before his eyes as it dove straight for his foot and luckily missed by an inch. He peered guiltily at his catcher.

 

 

 

Out of all people.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stood with his hands on his hips, the biggest frown on his face, though his eyes didn’t change much.

 

 

 

 

“What exactly do you think you-”

 

 

 

 

He gasped loudly as though he'd been stabbed in the stomach he noticed the unmistakeable red on Baekhyun’s fingers and the guilt in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you eating Kai’s birthday cake?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun cringed at the loudness as all the lights in the apartment flicked on. He noticed Chanyeol slide lazily out of the bedroom – hair a mess – no different to as if he’d styled it. Kai trotted out sluggishly too, clutching the sheet around his nake-…

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun immediately covered his eyes and pointed in Kai’s direction.

 

 

 

“Go. Back. Bedroom. Now.

 

 

 

Kai shrugged, not seeming to care too much until he noticed the cake on the bench.

 

 

 

 

“Did you poison it?!”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun groaned and dropped the knife in the sink. Chanyeol seemed to be swaying from side to side like he was still sleeping and honestly, it was more interesting than having Kyungsoo yelling something about it was meant to be a surprise and Kai’s well I saw it anyway and then Kyungsoo’s you what?! And Kai’s hahhahahahhahahaa only joking…

 

 

 

Kyungsoo snapped back to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

“I’m calling the police!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol seemed to laugh at that, little did he know exactly how Kyungsoo reacted in these situations - and how much this was no laughing matter.

 

 

 

“Don’t you mean the ambulance,” Kai commented. Kyungsoo shot him a very I’m-not-so-happy-right-now-baby glare and Kai retreated like a scared puppy. Baekhyun’s hands shot up in protest.

 

 

 

“Doesn’t anybody want to hear my reasoning before they begin throwing me in jail?”

 

 

 

Everybody stared.

 

Except Chanyeol.

 

He had fallen onto the couch, his legs hanging over the side ungracefully.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun paused.

 

 

 

 

“I…”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo tapped his foot.

 

 

 

“You?” he questioned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I was hungry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well,” Kai clapped his hands together cheerfully, “That solves the mystery. And to be quite honest, I’m getting a little hungry myself.” He added, as he not-to-subtly ran his hand on Kyungsoo’s backside. Kyungsoo yelped and swatted it away before he gave Baekhyun one final glare and pointed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Fridge.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he stuffed the exquisitely decorated cake back onto one of the shelves. Such a waste, he thought as he glanced over at Kai. He dejectedly pulled Chanyeol half asleep back into bed and sat there for a few moments. The taller snored noisily beside him and Baekhyun had the evilest thought to fart on his face.

 

He sat in the silence, letting his thoughts take themselves into the empty spaces. Something held Baekhyun back from Chanyeol. He didn’t know what it was, or exactly how to fix it. All he could think about was the two sides of Chanyeol. On one hand, he was his – basically everything he ever wanted, just a normal boyfriend. On the other, he was everything he hated – jerky, jerky, beef and jerky. And at times, he just wouldn’t stop pushing Baekhyun away. It was like the tide, pulling him in and then dragging him out. And what’s more…Baekhyun still remembered that Luhan had said Chanyeol had hurt. Furthermore, he was sure Chanyeol’s reason was because of that ex. Not Luhan.

 

 

The other one.

 

 

 

And he was sure he’d find him Chanyeol’s picture box.

 

He just had to find it…again. 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Author's note:

 

Just a little story filler before the next chapter which i'm having so much difficulty writing. I don't know why Ugh Ugh UGHHHHH...

 

Thank you all for being so patient.