Even Idiots Have Their Moment To Shine

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

Somebody else.

 

Somebody else.

 

Somebody el-stop it.

 

 

 

 

 

Had Baekhyun been wrong about Chanyeol all this time? What if Chanyeol wasn’t actually JerkYeol but in fact, WhoreYeol? What if he was just like those blonde girls in those sassy American films – boyfriend after boyfriend.
 

 

 

 

No.

 

Don’t think like that Baekhyun!

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol is way better looking than those girls!

 

 

 

And moreover, he’s not like that kind of girl guy anyway!

 

 

 

Baekhyun attempted to laugh off the awkwardness which settled like dust around them, but Chanyeol’s seriousness made him want to smash his head into the door, multiple times, until his brain – or something – fell out. Baekhyun squeaked as Chanyeol climbed to his knees, about to head over to the desk.

 

Baekhyun ruined it. He ruined everything.

 

Why did he always stuff things up? This was why he could never have a boyfriend – because whenever ‘sweet’ moments appears, Stupid Baekhyun would just barge in like an angry tank and just kaboom the opportunity to pieces.  He had to distract him. At this rate, Baekhyun was going backwards – and in fast motion too.

 

 

 

Kiss him.

 

 

 

Baekhyun scrunched his nose. That was a very stupid idea.

 

 

 

 

Perfect.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

 

 

Baekhyun caught the taller’s wrist gently and he felt him freeze under his touch.

 

 

So far, so good.

 

 

He tugged him to the empty spot beside him again. Chanyeol stared at him with a lost expression, his big eyes simply searching over his face for some kind of explanation. The brunette nervously slid his hand around the back of Chanyeol’s neck, drew him closer. He felt the other move forwards with his touch. They were so close that the air seemed to still, and the only life he could feel was Chanyeol’s breath. Closer, closer, Baekhyun pressed his lips-

 

 

GIRL’S BRING THE BOYS OUT!

 

 

 

Stupid mother-Girls’ Generation make you feel the heat-I’ll bloody kill you- born to win better who the hell created ring tones asdfhasjfhjksdhfaskl!!!”

 

Baekhyun screamed at the top of his lungs while Chanyeol simply fell to the side, partially deaf and in shock of the older’s sudden rage outburst five centimetres from his face. Baekhyun yanked his phone out of his jeans pocket – he swore that he had never had a problem with phones until Park Chanyeol came along. In fact, he swore nobody ever, ever called him at all – until Park Chanyeol. He snapped it open and screamed –unintentionally, hopefully it wasn’t his mother– into the mouthpiece. There was only one person who was notorious for stuffing up everything to do with him and Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

“Kai! Whaddaya want, you bloody piece of !” 

 

 

 

 

He waited for the infamous smirk which could actually be sensed from across the ocean, or the popular deep giggle that made girls swoon, and Kyungsoo bash the younger over the head with whatever he had in his hand – his phone, a book, a frypan – but neither came. Rather, there was just static. He was about to hang up when he heard an overly familiar, yet unwanted voice on the other end.

 

 

 

“B-Baekhyun? Is that you? It’s me, Luhan.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun screamed silently – his mouth hanging open, a perfect replica of the painting. Chanyeol tilted his head cutely, amused. If anybody else had been amused by Baekhyun’s slow self-destruction, he would have been sure to drag them down with him, but it was Chanyeol – not even a house tied to that idiot’s feet could pull him under.

 

 

“Uh…h-how did you get my number…”

 

“I got it from Chanyeol. Anyway listen, since you’re with him by…yourself…don’t be an idiot.”

 

Baekhyun fought back.

 

 

“Excuse me? I’m not an idio-”

 

 

“-Chanyeol is really sensitive about some things, and he gets-”

 

 

Chanyeol is just fine thank you. Aren’t you Chan…nie?”

 

 

 

Baekhyun snapped his head towards Chanyeol, who simply sat in silence, smiling happily to himself. Baekhyun mouthed angrily say. something. but the stupid giant appeared to be quite entertained by others thinking he was an idiot too. Baekhyun picked up the magazine behind him and threw it at his head. Chanyeol dodged but suddenly yelled out why do you always hurt me Baekhyun?!

 

The brunette gritted his teeth as Luhan made a noise. He silently cried at the phone and flopped onto the floor, the device still super glued to his ear.

He listened-but-not-listened as Luhan continued…in Chinese...

 

 

“朴灿烈喜欢你.”

 

 

 

“Wait, what are you saying-”

 

 

 

“他有时是愚蠢的。但是,我知道你是对他很重要。”

 

 

 

“I know you’re swearing at me. Don’t swear at m-”

 

 

 

 

“要有耐心–”

 

 

 


“GYYAAAAA I don’t speak Chinese you idiot stop swearing at me in Chines-”

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol snatched the phone from Baekhyun’s hand and yelled into it. Baekhyun stared wide-eyed in shock as the taller’s deep voice became surprisingly scary.

 

 

“Luhan, I know this is you! Leave Baekhyun alone – he’s not the smartest person, but you have to understand. He’s not going to hurt me, and I’m not going to be hurt anymore! You can stop worrying about me. Nothing was your fault – it was my fault. And I’m trying to find a way to fix it. So you can just let Baekhyun be! He’s special to me, and you’re not going to scare him away!”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun just stared.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was…angry?

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried to replay everything that he just yelled, but everything just kinda clumped together and he got those stupid mushed up sentences that made no sense again. The room went silent and all Baekhyun could hear was Chanyeol’s loud breathing. He heard Luhan’s muffled voice on the phone in reply, but Chanyeol seemed to accept whatever he said. The younger handed the phone back to Baekhyun and he brought it slowly to his ear.

 

 

 

 

“H-hello?”

 

 

 

“Chanyeol told me to say sorry. So…白痴

 

 

 

Baekhyun nodded in understanding, but nothing came out of his mouth. He fumbled a small thank you and hung up.

 

 

The air was swirling with heated feelings and confusion. Baekhyun didn’t know whether to jump for joy that Chanyeol had said he meant something, or scared that he got angry, or sad that he and Luhan knew about something that he didn’t. In the end, he was comprised of all three and could do nothing but just sit there. Chanyeol coughed awkwardly as he tried to hide his face from the other, pretending to read the English magazine that was thrown at his head earlier – idiot, it was upside down.

 

 

“S-sorry, don’t know what came over me…”

 

 

Baekhyun found feeling in his face again, and smiled. He shuffled closer to him, and pretended to read the magazine too. Whilst pretending, he may or may not have leant in a little closer. Chanyeol may or may not have brushed his arm against his leg. Baekhyun accidentally may or may not have breathed onto Chanyeol’s neck…

 

 

 

 

 

 

…and Chanyeol may or may not have kissed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, why are we here.”

 

“Because I’m shopping.”

 

“Why can’t we go home?”

 

“Because I’m shopping.”

 

“All these pots look that same.”

 

“How about I whack one over your head and you tell me which one hurts more? Because I’ll buy it!”

 

 

 

 

Kai groaned as his boyfriend dragged him through the endless aisles of home stuff – home this, home that, cooking this, cooking that.

 

 

 

 

There. Was. No. Food.

 

 

 

 

Anywhere.

 

 

 

 

 

He tugged on Kyungsoo’s sleeve for the umpteenth and second time and whines as they pass the hardware section. Kyungsoo perked up and Kai’s eyes brightened at the thought of getting food – but then Kyungsoo just asked him a stupid question about door knobs blah blah.

 

 

Wait.

 

 

“Did you fix that door knob?”

 

 

“What door knob?”

 

 

Kai tried to hide the smirk creeping onto his face, but Kyungsoo could spot the twitch of his lips a mile away. He sighed as his boyfriend went into a frenzy – scurrying through the section without even looking at anything.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s door knob”

 

 

I know.

 

 

“It was about to come loose any second”

 

 

I know.

 

 

“What if it falls off?!”

 

 

 

 

Kai stared up at the ceiling as he beamed, proud of his work.

 

Because that was the plan.

 

 

 

“What if they’re trapped without food or toilet?!”

 

 

Oh , he hadn’t thought of that.

 

 

A minute later – not really, but Kai had never been good at telling time – they were back at the apartment. Kyungsoo rushed through the door and ran directly to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room. He called out to them, and heard them on the other side.

 

 

 

 

Kai thought.

 

 

 

He thought deep and hard.

 

 

 

 

And the only solution he could come up with was…

 

 

 

 

“Super Kai to the rescueeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tanned boy quickly glided across the floor towards the table housing Kyungsoo’s favourite vase.

 

 

He reached for it. 

 

He held it above his head.

 

He thre-

 

 

 

 

Oh.

 

Well.

 

Somebody wasn’t getting dinner tonight.

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry! We’ll try something else. That was a hideous vase anyway.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo glared.

 

 

 

 

A minute later – not really, because Kai is just really dumb like that – they managed to knock down the door using Kai’s head.

 

 

 

 

No.

 

Literally.

 

The idiot just kinda bashed into it repeatedly.

 

 

 

 

The door fell down and luckily the two were on the bed reading some sort of girly magazine – who the hell would buy such a thing. Baekhyun and Chanyeol jumped up from where they were sitting and practically plunged through the door way.

 

 

 

 

"TOILET!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"FOOD!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol dove into the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun fell into the fridge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo glared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two emerged a minute later – it actually was a minute this time – and slowly walked back to where Kyungsoo and Kai had been frozen in a staring competition. The taller caught the older one’s eye, and they burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

 

 

 

Kai smirked and Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

 

 

 

Perhaps the plan had worked after all.

 

 

 

 

---

 

Author's note:

 

Well. I actually have to congradulate Kai this time.

A lot of people were saying how he kept stuffing things up-

But even idiots have their moment to shine ~

 

Am I right?

 

I'm still waiting for mine. Haha

 

Annyeong <3