Shoot Me Now Again

I Don't Want To Fall In Love With You!

 

 

The rest of the dinner-which-Baekhyun-refused-to-call-a-date went as long as Chanyeol took to piss – well, it seemed like the guy took an eternity in the bathroom, of course only when Baekhyun was jumping around outside, trying not to piss his own freaking pants. Baekhyun swore he did it on purpose. What did he do in there anyw-nevermind.

 

 

 

Baekhyun does not need to know.

 

 

 

Baekhyun does not want to know.

 

 

 

 

 

While he stabbed his fork –because Kyungsoo demanded on them being western in an Italian Restaurant rather than Korean and eating with chopsticks– into the tiny garlic prawns burying themselves deeper and deeper in his Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo, he cringed at the stupid idiot in front of him trying his best to be…uh…nice. What made it worse was that it was to him. He could feel Luhan death-staring from his right whenever he sipped his drink, but Baekhyun was sure the water was at the same level it had been ten minutes ago. Between the pom-pom haired alien sitting infront of him and the angry Chihuahua growling beside him, there was no way he could enjoy his garlic prawns…or his entire existence for that matter.

 

 

 

 

 

“Your hair is brown.”

 

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

 

“I like…brown.”

 

 

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

 

 

“Brown is...good...”

 

 

 

 

Please. Chanyeol. Stop.

 

You’re killing me.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are very…uh…pretty tonight…”

 

 

 

Stop this torture…

 

 

 

 

“What am I -  a girl?!”

 

 

 

What do you even bother…

 

 

 

“Ah! No! But if you were…you would be ver-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh My God, Chanyeol shut up!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stabbed the plate with his fork, the metal clanking loud against the ceramic made the others at the table jump in surprise. This wasn’t the way it was meant to be. Chanyeol was supposed to be JerkYeol not NiceYeol and Baekhyun was meant to be…Baekhyun…not…Jerk-hyun…ugh whatever. Why he giving himself names? Anyway-

 

 

He stared as Chanyeol bit his lip nervously. Uh y no no no mad. Had somebody removed his brain – was all the jerkiness that ceased to exist in jerk Chanyeol, now emitting its evil powers in nice Chanyeol somewhere in a parallel universe? It was weird. Not just Chanyeol…but Baekhyun almost nearly kinda though-didn’t-want-to-admit-it…missed jerky-Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

Only because nice-Chanyeol was scarier than a horror movie at night…

 

 

 

…on Halloween…

 

 

 

…at the cinema…

 

 

 

…in 3D…

 

 

 

 

 

…by yourself…

 

 

 

 

 

 

No Baekhyun did not spend the next month sleeping in his parents' bed. He didn't.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back on topic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you being so nice?!”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s Adam’s apple rose and dipped, yet nothing even remotely audible – nice, jerky or otherwise– escaped his lips. Baekhyun watched him frantically glance back and forth between him and Luhan, while the blonde’s expression mirrored that of someone watching an extremely lame tv-soap.

 

 

 

 

Excuse me, Luhan.

 

 

 

 

Nobody invited you.

 

 

 

 

Please get out.

 

 

 

 

Well…Actually Chanyeol di-

 

He’s had too much sherbet. It doesn’t count.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, Chanye-”

 

 

 

“Well Luhan is so nice!”

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

A-ha! So it was because of Luhan. Baekhyun hi-fived his brain for being such a geniu-

 

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

It was because of Luhan?

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol just admitted it was because of Luhan.

 

 

 

 

You’re upse-

 

 

Yes I am!

 

 

 

 

Maybe because Chanyeol’s supposed to like me.

 

 

 

 

He broke up with Lu-bish and that story has ended and was chucked in the fireplace and sent to Diagon Alley.

 

 

 

 

 

He said he liked me.

 

 

 

 

 

He threw a remote at Kai!

 

 

 

 

 

He nearly kissed me at the beach!

 

 

 

 

 

You really do like him.

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t freaking want to –

 

Because he’s making me insane!

 

 

 

 

 

I would so love to imagine what your face looks like right now.

 

 

 

Especially now that you’re registering the shock as Sehun approaches your table like a tiger stalking his prey. Yet, your expression also comprises of inquisitiveness as you ponder the reason to why exactly he is in a waiter’s outfit. Your face changes yet again as you realise he’s not actually approaching the table as a friend because you just figured it out – he works here.

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Sehun?” Baekhyun stuttered the name as his jaw dropped open. “You work here?!”

 

 

 

The poker-face remained in play as the teen nodded, his hair combed back neatly, his uniform crispy and clean – the whining record-player he’d seen before face-bedding was no longer to be found, considering the teen faced his blond-haired boyfriend sitting just a couple of feet infront of him. Luhan peered up from his plate, a sweet –evil– smile spreading slowly on his tiny face.

 

 

 

 

Okay. That’s just a tad creepy.

 

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah finally, I was sad thinking I would end eat my entire dinner without seeing you at least once.”

 

 

The brunette hid a shy smile behind his black tray and continued to pretend he was making sure the customers were happy with their orders yet felt like more refreshments but just couldn’t decide on which ones.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun snapped his head towards Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol peered at Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan ate his spaghetti.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If Luhan still liked Chanyeol, why was he dragging Sehun along like a poker-face-puppy-on-a-leash?

 

That son of a bi-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan hummed to himself as he twirled his fork delicately. He raised his eyebrows suggestively at Sehun, as the younger left to continue his work. Obviously noticing the cracking ice of silence hanging above them, he decided to speak up.

 

 

 

“I only agreed to come to this stupid date thing because Sehun was working tonight.”

 

 

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

 

Date?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Only agreed?

 

 

 

 

 

STUPID?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?!” Baekhyun cringed as a piece of pasta accidentally flew from his mouth onto Luhan’s dress shirt. He sighed with relief as the other miraculously hadn’t noticed the projectile pasta. But still…what?! “Didn’t you come because you still like Chanyeol?!”

 

 

 

 

He stared at Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

“You asked Luhan to come because you still like him, right?!”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol blinked.

 

 

 

 

 

A piece of oregano squealed as it flew from his mouth to Baekhyun’s face as he quickly snapped back.

 

 

 

 

 

“I asked him to come because I thought you liked him!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their awkward gaze simultaneously travelled towards Luhan.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

“Did nobody invite me, just because they wanted to have dinner with me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

Awkward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awkward Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun, say something!

 

 

 

 

 

“Please shoot me now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyung I’m hungry. Can we order dessert no-

 

 

 

 

Shut up Kai. I’m trying to listen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

Author's Note: IMPORTANT

 

Well it's not really THAT important...but anyway.

 

I sincerely apologise from the bottom of my crushed heart, because I return to school on Monday.

 

It's my last term of school and I will be as busy as last time.

 

What i'm trying to say it - I won't be updating as frequently as I do now. 

 

I'm talking - trying to write chapters in class and between classes again - thus only producing crap quality chapters again - and also taking forever to upload them.

 

(sigh) I don't think a hotdog OR kyungsoo nut could even suffice for this one.