S1: Chapter 5

y Beautiful Dangerous

The door toppled over under the force exerted by her boots. Before the eyes of Kim SungGyu's men could react. Sunny let forth the pent up anger within her. The gun rattled beneath her grasp as bullets sprayed forth from its mouth. 

 

Rapid gunfire haled through the interior of the warehouse as Sunny proceeded forward. Click* Click* Click* The first wave of gunfire ceased, Sunny shot forward and slammed her back against the nearest baracade for cover. She released the ammonition clip and replaced it with another.



Then all hell broke loose. Kim SungGyu's men returned fire from all directions. The bullets slammed viciously against the baracade, chipping away at the metal frame. 



'Yoona!' Sunny shouted above the roaring gunfire. 'I need eyes, ASAP!'



'Unnie! There are two men to your right, on the platform,' Yoona responded with utmost haste, 'proceed 5 meters to your right, you will find a door.'



Sunny counted down the seconds, once it reached zero, she darted from her cover. She sprinted towards her next destination while aiming her rifle at the goons positioned on the platform above. 

 


A bullet found its mark. It slammed into one of the men's chest with a dull thud and embedded itself there until his dying breath. The lifeless body collapse into a heap where he stood. The goon beside him followed suit as Sunny shot him with deadly accuracy. 



Sunny could not stop there. Bullets hurled themselves towards her at a frieghtening pace. The next thing she knew, she had slammed her shoulders against the metal door and was propelled into the next room. 



Taken by the surprise, Kim SungGyu's men were slow to react. Sunny took the second with gratification. She ended their lives before they could breath. 



***



'RAWR!' Sooyoung unleashed her fury upon the unsuspecting guard. On first contact between her gloves and the man's neck, a hidden blade sprung from its concealment. With deadly speed, the cool metal pierced into his flesh, ending his life before he could turn. 



Sooyoung slithered the blade out of his flesh. Steel and flesh parted as his body slumped forward and fell onto the ground. The man was soundless as he slept, forever. 



'Clear!' She hissed to Hyoyeon. The short girl emerged from the shadows and into plain sight of her. 'Report back to Taeyeon.'



Hyoyeon nodded once, and pressed her fingers over her ear piece. 'Dorky, are you there?' 



'Yah!' Came the reply.



Hyoyeon smirked to herself, 'where are the hostages?' 



'One moment, i'm bringing up your current position now.' 



The was a moment of silence between the assassins and their mission handlers. Suddenly faint steps could be heard in the distance, approaching fast. Hyoyeon eased herself back into the shadows and Sooyoung followed behind. 



Their timing could not be more immpecabble. A guard rounded the corner and saw his fallen comrade. He rushed over to the body and prodded it with the nozzle of his rifle. Just when he reached into his pockets for his walkie talkie, a shadow loomed over him. 



His neck snapped towards the direction, what awaited him was destruction. Sooyoung stood over him with her fist pulled right back. 



'Ahh!' She shouted and brought her fist forward. Her fist came in contact with the man's face. The concealed blade darted out and punctured human flesh. Sooyoung swept the blade sideways, exiting it out from the side of his face. Blood rained forth, his life ended. 



Hyoyeon emerged from the shadows, 'follow me, i know the way.' 



***



Sunny sprinted up the staircase, her leather boots slamming against the steel steps. Suddenly a blade swept down from nowhere. Sunny shot back, if she had spared the sadistic steel a second - death would have welcomed her. Although unscratched, her assault rifle did not make it back in one piece - rather it was halved in two. 



'Dammit!' The assaulter curse. He charged forward and swept his blade in an arc in front of him. Sunny snapped to the side, avoiding the metal. She tilted her body weight forward and drove her knee into his soft middle. The man grunted and doubled over. Sunny pressed on, not giving the man the satisfaction of a second. With light and nimble hands, she darted forward and pounded into his chest. He toppled backwards, arms flailing and blade swinging wildly. Sunny continued her assault, as she ducked under an amateur strike of the blade. Grabbing the man by the arm, she pivoted her shoulder upwards, swept his legs and in one gracious motion, flipped him over her. 



The man landed on the steel platform. The sound of human mass and steel echoed throughout the entire ware. However, Kim SungGyu’s men were not to be underestimated. As his back came into contact with steel, he arched his back and flipped over onto all fours. Spontaneously, he charged forward and swept the blade in an arc in front of him. 



Sunny retracted her body. Too late. The sadistic steel gashed over her forearm, drawing the glittering crimson and unfamiliar pain, she has not felt or seen for the longest time. Her eyes widen. It was not the pain which fazed her, nor was it the thought of being struck, however, it was the blood which flowed from her arm that got her heart pounding. 



The warehouse grew silent, ‘you’re pretty feisty ain’t ya, sweetheart?’ The man jeered, his teeth bared into a toothy grin. 



Sunny glared. The man halted his tongue. Then, destruction ignited in the form of Sunny. She roared forward like a tigress and pounded into his cheeks with a strong right hook. The man stumbled to the left, he caught balance and whipped forward with a swing of his blade. Sunny snapped down. The blade slithered over her head and then she was upon him in an instant. 



The man dropped like a rock once another right hook connected. She straddled him. No mercy was shown as she wailed into him with a barrage of unrestraint fists. His arms became lifeless beside his body as his fist unclenched the blade in hand. Blood spurted to the left and right of his face, painting the platform in crimson. Sunny heaved out a heavy breath, the knuckle of her fists were caked in blood. The man laid below her motionless and through rugged breathe he breathed, just barely. 



Click* Click* Click* Click* Click* The cocking sound and motion of various, handguns and assault rifles plus the odd shotgun pumping noise haled through the warehouse. Suddenly, Sunny found herself swarmed guards from all sides. Then a lone shadow emerged, parting his way through the guards. The man, dressed in a an expensive looking suit, head his head high, an air of superiority lingered around him. Sunny recognized him instantly. Kim SungGyu. 



‘That is quite impressive what you did to my men,’ Kim SungGyu began, ‘with skills like that, why don’t you join me?’ 



Sunny remained straddled on top of the motionless man, ‘I’d rather die then betray my organization,’ Sunny stated determinedly, her voice was confident and a hint of pride was evident in her tone.



‘Loyal?’ SungGyu inquired, ‘to that company?’ 



SungGyu tilted his head back and roared with laughter. ‘Hahaha! This is beautiful, you would remain faithful to the company which wants you dead?’ 
 


‘What?!’ Sunny questioned.



‘You heard me,’ SungGyu said, ‘that company wants you dead. They set you up, and paid me up front in cash. And a lot if I might add.’ 



Sunny tensed as his words entered her thoughts. Was what he was saying real? Or is he trying to make me turn on the company?



‘You want prove, girl?’ He asked, though he did not receive a reply, SungGyu threw a sealed envelop down beside her. Sunny picked it up cautiously. Her eyes widen instantly as she saw the organization crest stamped on the seal of the letter. 



‘No hard feelings aye? You are quite cute. If I wasn’t paid, you would’ve been working for me as a e,’ SungGyu laughed and produced a silver handgun from underneath his suit jacket. 



Sunny roared forward, propelling herself off the body. SungGyu pressed down on the trigger.



Bang*



***
 


For awhile silence enveloped the warehouse. Sooyoung trembled at the two thoughts which ran through her mind. The first one, which she hoped was true, was that Sunny had taken care of all the guards and by now is sitting leisurely on the piles of corpses and the other... She shuddered at the thought. 



‘Through this door, Soo,’ Hyoyeon whispered into the latter’s ear. Sooyoung returned a nod and twisted the door handle. Unexpectedly it wasn’t locked. The door swung open slightly and she poked her head in. The first sight to bestow her eyes were 3 scarcely dressed woman, sitting in the moonlight. They were bounded by rope and their mouth sealed with tape. 


Sooyoung threw the door opened and rushed to their side. The 3 females panicked at the sight of Sooyoung dashing towards them and scurried away to the corner. Their cries for help were muffled by the tape. 



‘Shhh, I’m here to help,’ Sooyoung soothed. She sliced through the rope with her concealed blades and pulled the tape off their mouth. As she began her rescue on the second female, Hyoyeon rushed to the third and helped her. 



‘T-thank you,’ one of the females whimpered in an uneven voice. 



Hyoyeon smiled, ‘relax, we are here to help.’ 



At the sound of foot steps, Hyoyeon dashed to the wall next to the door, she pressed her back against the steel frame and waited. Suddenly, a man entered into the room. 



He gazed at the freed women and then at Sooyoung. ‘What th~’ 



Hyoyeon struck. With a flick of her wrist, she brought the knife down into the unsuspecting victim. The knife entered through the side of his neck and exited through the other. He breathed his own blood, as it rushed down his lungs, blocking the airway. Hyoyeon retracted the knife through the path it came. The man feel and laid still. 



‘We got to hurry,’ Hyoyeon said to Sooyoung. The tall girl nodded once and escorted the females out of their prison. 



***



Bang*



The handgun sprung into motion. The spring propelled the bullet out of the chamber at a vigorous pace. In a near instant it was out and freed to roam the air. 



Sunny snapped forward at the moment the sound of gunfire registered into her ears. Within a mere split second a dull thud sounded against her body. The bullet entered through her shoulder, tearing flesh and bone away from each other and exited through the back. She staggered back on impact, but remained standing. She took another step. 



Bang*
 


A flash sparked in front of her eyes as another shot was fired. The bullet speared through her upper thigh, a few inches below her lip line. She staggered back, but took another step. 



‘Hahaha! You are brilliant!’ Complimented SungGyu and he pressed down on the trigger once more.

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.