S1: Chapter 9

y Beautiful Dangerous

Sooyoung quickly dropped to her knees after reaching Sunny. If it weren't for the situation, she would've bragged to Hyoyeon about her longer legs. But wow wasn’t the time. 

 


"Sunny, oh God. Sunny!" Sooyong cried, cradling the seemingly lifeless girl in her arms. Sunny's blonde hair, dirtied red with blood, stained against her shirt, she didn't care. 



"Sunny, please wake up! Oh god. Oh god. This can't be!" Her shoulders began to shake uncontrollably as hot, readied tears quickly flowed. She didn't restrain them; she let them flow freely for her sister. 



Hyoyeon was left for words, standing beside the pair. The feeling of loss gnawed at her chest and inevitably pierced towards her heart. She was always the strong one, hiding her emotion was always easy. So way were her tears flowing so freely? She cried while standing, fist clenched and shoulders shaking with the undeniable feeling of despair. "Yoona..." she breathed. "Soo, call Yoong now!"



Sooyoung looked up to Hyoyeon. Then it hit her, Sunny could still be saved. She pressed her earpiece against her ear. 



"Yoona! Red. Red. Red! Sunny unnie, is in critical condition. She's badly hurt and losing so much blood."



"What?!" 



"I said—"



"I heard you the first time, come out right now. I'm heading over there as we speak," Yoona answered calmly. 



***



"... I'm heading over there as we speak," she answered calmly, so calm that it left her disgusted. Beneath all this, she felt distraught. She wasn't calm at all, those words which came out of Sooyoung's mouth seemed unreal; she didn't want to believe one word of it. 



She let a tear fall onto her lap as she gripped the steering wheel tight, pushing down hard on the accelerator, every second she wasted was a stab at Sunny's life—seconds which she could not afford to lose. She had to let the others know.



***
 


Tiffany stood at the top of the steps; she moved to the left but felt something move with her. She looked up and saw a camera stuck to the wall, moving as she moved. 



She smirked. 



She sheathed her katana and strode over in front of the camera. Once there, she shot her megawatt smile as her eyes took the form of two crescent unturned moons. 



As she did, a voice spoke through her ear piece. "Jessica and Tiffany unnie, target had been successfully terminated by Yuri unnie. Quickly come back."



"Roger," the two Americans replied in unison. 



"Wait, Seohyun. How is Sunny's side doing?" Jessica suddenly spoke up out of nowhere. 



"I don't know, unnie. We haven't contacted each other for a while now."



"Can you contact them immediately?"



"Okay, unnie. I'll put you through—wait, Yoona unnie is trying to contact us now."



"Girls!" It was Yoona's voice, shouting as loud as ever, but something was off. 



"Yoona, what's wrong. Are you crying?" Jessica asked, her voice filled with concern. Then it struck her. "Yoona! What happened? Is Sunny and the others alright?!"



"Jessica unnie..."



"Answer me this instant, Yoong."



"T-The others are fine, but Sunny unnie, she's... she's..."



"She's what?!" she was yelling now, more angry than ever. None of the girls have ever heard Jessica's enraged voice like this before. A faint shiver chilled down their spine.



"I'm sorry, unnie but apparently Sunny has been shot, twice. Sooyoung unnie says she has lost a lot of blood."



Jessica's world spun in an infinite loop and came tumbling down in spirals, as she took in what Yoona said. Luckily, Tiffany was there to catch her as she fell. 



"Everything's going to be fine," she whispered into Jessica's ear. More than ever, Jessica needed her to be strong, just like the countless time Jessica was there for her. 



***



Jessica literally flung the van door wide open and jumped off while it was still in motion. Not waiting for the van to enter through the gate, she scaled across the two meter concrete fencing and dashed towards the house. 



She flung the door open; a vase fell from table beside and shattered into thousands of shards. Jessica ignored it and rushed up the stairs. The door was closed as she burst through. 



"Sunny ah!"

 

Her heart dropped to the pits of the earth at the sight in front of her eyes. Seeing their cute Sunny— the strong energetic and bubbly girl of the group—succumb to this; it was too much for her to take. She wanted to scream, she wanted to tear the very roots of her hair, she wanted to smash something into nothing; she wanted to do it all, but she knew Sunny would never wanted her to submit to those acts.

 

Jessica dropped to her knees in front of the bed. She reached out with a hand and gripped her lover’s. At first, she didn’t notice but at a second glance reality struck her all too real; seeing Sunny with needles deep in her forearm—providing her with the essences which allowed her to live; an oxygen mask attached to , essentially the only thing keeping her alive.

 

 It was only then that she left everything to her heart’s will.

 

That night, none of the girls had a decent dream. They tossed and the floor inside of Sunny’s room. They never left her side, not for one second—it was a bond which they shared that kept them together through thick and thin.

 

Taeyeon lay on her side on the floor, dried eyes and staring at the unmoving girl on the bed. She didn’t feel like crying anymore, or was it for the fact that she had already exhausted all her tears. She felt an arm snake around her waist. “I’m hurting as much as you are, but at times like these, we’ve got to be strong for her. She’s the toughest girl I know. This is nothing compared to our hardship back then.”

 

She nodded, confirming that she heard every word. It was true. Sunny was the toughest girl she knew. She was a fighter, and nothing could break her spirit to live. Taeyeon snuggled closer to Tiffany, pressing her back against the younger girl’s chest. “Keep me warm tonight, Fany ah.”

 

Sooyoung was about to throw up at the cheesy lines her unnies threw at each other. She couldn’t believe they were cheesier then the nachos and cheese dip she was munching on at that moment. When others cried in each other’s arm, she was left alone. It was okay, she didn’t mind it—after all, food was what she truly loved. Her dream was to walk through the doors of the White House and declare to the current president that food marriage should be legalized. When her eyes grew heavy, she giggled once and continued her campaign in her dreams.

 

Yuri was sleeping on the only coach in the bedroom. She earned it, as the others would put it. After receiving the news that Sunny had been injured to the point where she lost conscious, she immediately jumped off the speeding train travelling at a near death speed. Luckily, she landed in a garbage dump and with plenty of it to cushion her fall. That being said, she did not get away scot free, receiving a broken arm in the process.

 

Yoona entered the room, blankets taken from the other rooms held in her arm. She first went over to TaeNy and covered them with one; taking Sooyoung’s nachos and cheese dip away from her, she cover the girl with another. Crawling beside Yuri, she covered them with her own and fell asleep to the soft thump thump of her heart.

 

Jessica held Sunny’s hand close, playing with her palm in an attempt to sooth the girl. Sunny’s wouldn’t have wanted her to bed sad; so she smiled to herself, knowing that when she did finally fall asleep, the last thing she would see would be Sunny.
 


***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.