S1: Chapter 18

y Beautiful Dangerous

Sunny felt her breathing hitch itself inside , she felt like she couldn't breath. No matter how hard she pushed at the ball of air wedged in ; it wouldn't relieve itself from the spot. She tried hard to open her eyes but they wouldn't. They were as heavy as the force pressing down on her small body, restraining her on floor where she laid. It was one of those horrible moments in her life when a sure fire fear coursed through her body, nothing was touching her physically, but mentally, the whole world was on her shoulders. As she kept rebelling against the alien force, images flashed through her mind.

 

The darkness inside the warehouse. The gun. The knife. The armed men who fired at her without mercy. That one man - SungGyu. She was shot. Multiple times. Her head spinning. Nothing made sense, everything was dying around her. The blood. The pain. It hurt her when the crimson glisters of their blood contaminated the warehouse. She was forgetting something. The emotional wreckage. The betrayal of the organization.

 

Her sisters were in grave danger. 

 

A scream from beside her. It was Yoona. Screaming her name in vain as she was haplessly dragged away. She could hear cursing and the cynical laughter from the much stronger men. There was a sob beside her. Who was it? Seohyun. Her lovely, innocent maknae Seohyun, sobbing her name repeatedly in soft broken whimpers. No! No! No! This can't be happening!

 

"YOONA!" Sunny screamed, her eyes opening and at the same time, she managed to press those audacious feelings into the shadows, away for the mean time. She scratched her fingers over her face, scrambled her hair into a mess. Her body was hurting everywhere. It hurt. It burned. The pain was unbearable. Nothing could be done about it. 

 

"Sunny unnie!" It was Yoona. Her voice was pitched and desperate. How she wanted to bring the young girl into her embrace and comfort her with all she had and more. Dam this whole ordeal. . Them. Mess with her sisters and they will receive, the full brunt of her rage - whether it be in the form of guns or  knives. 

 

"Sunny unnie!" It was Seohyun. Sunny wanted to cry in the younger girl's place. She really did. Never in her life with these girls did she as much as hear a sob escape the girl's lips. She was guarded by eight sisters who would not be stopped when she was hurt, because they knew, that beneath the perfect surface of the determined girl was a delicate doll, who only knew how to love - to give but never take. "Sunny unnie!" 

 

And then there was the dark tides which collapsed in on her, her into the abyss. 

 

***

 

There was only blood. The warm liquid tickled down her knuckles as she ripped through one of the aggressor's face with a right hook, crimson splashing across her forearm as she took his life. This was like that time when she lost control at the warehouse. She was dangerous and what's more, her baby dongsaengs were right beside her. Sunny pushed herself to the limits to not turn at that moment and pounce in on them. It was harder than she thought it would be. Gritted teeth and clenched knuckles, she fell to her knees and screamed out in anguish. 

 

"Sunny unnie, please stop it."

 

That voice was familiar to her. Yoona. Yoona. Yoona...

 

"Sunny unnie, please stop hurting yourself."

 

That was Seohyun's voice. Seohyun. Seohyun. Seohyun...

 

She barely caught sight of it as it blurred towards her, a fist; it came fast and backed with the force of the much stronger male counterpart. The next instant, air rushed past her ear as she tilted her body to the side, tumbling away to regain ground. Coached low, there was a motion of air, barely a warning as her opponent struck. She was slow to block the elbow which came down, taking the full blunt of the blow to her forearm which materialized in time. A grunt escaped her lips and the pain was gone. She pushed off the ball of her feet, twisting her entire body into a powerful horizontal kick. Within the radius in which the last standing intruder and her fought, and considering the length of her leg, the blow should had connected. However, her eyes never left her opponent as he ducked underneath her kick and an upper cut roaring upwards. 

 

Sunny missed the block entirely when her arm did not move fast enough to intercept but her head was already tilting up, trying to flow with the momentum of the strike. The fist still connected with her jaw, sending the lower set of her teeth colliding with the top. She clenched tight and swung out with a wild hook as her body was lifted off the ground by the impact. Twisting her body in mid-flight, she landed on two steady foot, stumbling back trying to regain balance. However, the man recovered just as quick, if not quicker. She was within his reach when she found steady ground. It was too late for her when he pounced in on her. Two powerful burly arms wrapped around , her hands reflectively shot out to lessen the force exerted. 

 

"Die, !" he spat as she struggled to rid the hands from restricting the flow of oxygen. Her eyes started to water as pressure was added. Tiny fists pounding against his side became progressively weaker and weaker. Soon oxygen would be cut off from circulation and she would be gone. Her strength...was almost up. 

 

***

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.