S1: Chapter 21

y Beautiful Dangerous

This is probably the first time I'll be on my knees begging, but please read on until the end. If you didn't want to read the story because it's over 2500 words, at least skip to the ending notes. Thank you.

 

***

 

Sunny stilled, her heart lodged in . Jessica never loved her? As much as she didn't want to believe it at the moment; it seemed so real how those words rolled off the older girl's tongue, as easy as she breathed at that very moment. She dug deeper. Her eyes searching all over Jessica's face for any tell tale signs of a lie, however, she'd found none, except the same steeled gaze. Oh how she'd wished that Jessica would spontaneously shout out in a joyous roar, "surprise!" Too good to be true? Too good to be true. And at last, she spoke for the first time after her heart's betrayal. 

 

"Jessica... y-you're joking, right?"

 

The cold one smirked. Composed. Mannered. In complete and utter control. Her voice pitched low. Cold. So very cold. "No, Sunny. I ain't joking with you," she paused. "If this was a joke, you and I would be laughing... won't we?"

 

"J-Jessica—"

 

"Enough, Sunny!" Tiffany. Strong and courageous Tiffany. Hard on the outside but so soft on the inside. She was a delicate girl who simply loved pink. Nothing wrong with that. Hmm... delicate girl. But so broken on the inside at this moment. Her heart was churning painfully, a single tear fell but was quickly brushed aside to make room for the blaze in her eyes. "I"m going to knock you silly, Jessica."

 

At that moment time held it's breath for a second. Tiffany shot forward, sword brandished in front of her. Her figure moving as darkness, gliding across the distance between Jessica and her. Sunny screamed. Jessica clawed for the handgun and shot. A warning. Not aimed at Tiffany. However, the ground beside Sunny and Yuri spontaneously combusted in the form of earth and dust. Tiffany stilled. 

 

"Come at me, Fany ah... we'll see who's faster. A bullet or your sword," teased Jessica. Her eyes on Tiffany but the gun pointed towards Sunny and Yuri. Then, three uninvited shadows emerged from the darkness and stopped at Jessica's side; a pitiful fourth hobbling between the two of them. 

 

Tiffany recognized them almost immediately, even the darkness couldn't hinder her eyes from knowing who they were. It is like staring at the back of someone you acquaint yourself to often. Even without seeing their face, familiarity seeped through their skin and bones, the shape of their back and everything that is them is known to you, everlasting. Tiffany's sword hand dropped to her side, the tip of the blade bowed in defeat, staring aimlessly at the ground. All colors flushed from Tiffany's and Sunny's face. Pale. They were so pale, the both of them. She swallowed, hard. "Sunhwa..."

 

The girl named Sunhwa stepped forward and bowed her head, in respect? In respect, because after all, it was her who taught the young girl to respect, whether it be your friends or teachers, or your enemy. 

 

"H-Hara..."

 

Hara stepped forward and smiled cutely at her. A dangerous one. Cute. Adorable. Charming. And attractive. A god sent combination for an assassin. She had the looks and also the skills and physical aspects to back everything up. Sunny and Hara... teacher and student. Did she dare glance over at Sunny's face? No she didn't. The girl had lost a lover and a student as an enemy. Broken and hurt, and more broken and hurt. 

 

"Nicole... Hyuna..."

 

Nicole nodded at her in acknowledgement. Tiffany had heard many things from Hyoyeon's student. A prodigy with short blade. Like teacher and student. Now the question was, what the hell happened to Hyuna's face? Oh right. Yuri's student. Yuri happened. 

 

Tiffany steeled her nerve. "I should've known... that you guys would be taking their side."

 

"It's nothing personal, Tiffany unnie," Sunhwa replied. She reached behind her back at the sheath strung horizontally to her waist and unsheathed a short sword from the sheath. This was Tiffany's area of expertise. Blades. This one was... sharp, pointed at the tip and slightly arched to give it a semi-half mooned shape. The blade glistened at the tip. Poison. The young girl had learned from her well. Warily, she reached out with her other hand for a handgun inside the waistband of her shorts. Now where had she learned that from? 

 

"I never taught you to duel wield. When did you...?"

 

"Learn this from?" Sunhwa smirked. "Why don't you come back with us and see, unnie?"

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth and clenched tight on the haft of her blade. There will be blood in the next moment. One Sunhwa on a skewer coming right now! But before she launched herself at the hapless girl, there was the sound of the hammer of a handgun cocking to the side. Hara? Hara. "Looks like you get to dine in blood tonight, my sweet," she murmured to the inanimate object in her hand. 

 

Tiffany took a step forward. Click. A brief glance to the side showed Hara pointing two handguns at her, the young girl's eyes locked onto her. Dodge two bullet and rip off Sunhwa's head. Easy? Easy. There was another click from her side. Nicole had decided to join the fray huh? Okay... dodge three bullets and rip of Sunhwa's head. Before she could even make her move, Jessica spoke.

 

"Don't even think about it, Fany ah. Before your blade even reaches their throat, Sunny and Yuri will be on the ground. And it will be entirely your fualt, don't say I didn't warn you."

 

Tiffany stilled herself, concentrating on her next move. It didn't look all too good. What with them pinned down like little kittens in the face of large hounds. And then she smirked, kittens have claws. 

 

***

 

Hyoyeon was mad. A large, ever swelling gash was fast appearing on the surface of her forearm. She hoped that Seohyun would kiss it better after this was all done. Thinking about Seohyun made her mad. When she woke from her unconscious, Taeyeon had been sitting next to her, nursing her wound and Seohyun was nowhere to be found. When they made it up to Sunny's bedroom, her lover was in the embrace of Yoona. There were bodies piled all around the room, Yoona herself didn't look too stunning. Blood. Blood and more blood. The unfortunate girl had been covered in a lot of that. I killed a man, she'd whimpered, rocking backwards and forwards. Pained. So much of it. And then she had noted that Sunny was missing from her bed. 

 

With Taeyeon's consent Hyoyeon bounded down the steps like a maniac. Jumping down three to four steps each leap and clawing her way down the hallway. When she found the place where she out, a pool of black marking where she laid, nausea hit her like a truck. It was embarrassing how she'd got taken out as easy as she did. Whoever blew a hole in the wall of their mansion is going to pay. A smile crept up the side of her face when she saw silhouettes, a handful of them, outside. 

 

She'd recognized Tiffany straight away, the girl was being pinned down by multiple firearms aimed at her. Why didn't Tiffany take them out, she knew that the blade wielding girl could do so in a blink. Then it struck her, Sunny was on the ground with Yuri on her lap, unconscious. And then, as if God was playing a trick on her eyes, Jessica was standing a short distance over from the two with a handgun aimed at them. What. The. . Was going on? So much answers and so little time to get them. 

 

Hyoyeon moved in. 

 

Her steps were the shadow, she moved as the night. Her short daggers appeared from beneath her jacket and were in the hands of a master in an instant. She materialized behind one of the shooters in a blink of an eye, a dagger pressed against the person's throat. The person's wasn't even aware of the blade being pressed against their throat until Hyoyeon spoke in a soft threatening whisper. 

 

"Silence. Or else you will die."

 

The person was obviously startled. Jumping slightly at the sound of her voice, harming themselves by drawing a nick of blood from their throat. However, the person calmed almost immediately and spoke back. "Hello, Hyoyeon unnie."

 

"N-Nicole...?" At that moment the others became aware of her presence. 

 

"Missed me, unnie?"

 

"W-What? Tiffany?"

 

All of a sudden, Nicole slipped under her grasp, taking her by complete surprise and the next thing Hyoyeon knew, a blade was pinned against . Her breath lingered in front of her in soft clouds as the cool of the night took her in. She made out the slow crimson glistering down Nicole's neck before a click was heard to her side. 

 

"Oh great. You too, Hyuna?"

 

"Hey, unnie." Hyuna smiled for her. An arrogant smile. It pissed her off. 

 

Hyoyeon smirked. "What the hell happened to your face?"

 

The girl's expression suddenly tightened and the smile faded. "N-None of your business..."

 

"Pft. Tiffany, I think you should explain to me what's happening," she inquired.

 

"Dunno. Ask, Jessica."

 

"Jessica?"

 

"..."

 

"Tiffany?"

 

"Dude... I don't know!"

 

"Jessica?"

 

"..."

 

"Stop that... stop asking her, she won't talk."

 

"Sun-"

 

"Don't even go there, Hyo."

 

"Why, Tiffany?"

 

"Gosh, you're the most ridiculous girl I've ever had the pleasure of meet-"

 

"Did someone say meat?"

 

"Sooyoung?!"

 

"That's me."

 

"Where the heck where you?!"

 

"I was tied to a dam tree!"

 

"How did they manage to do that in the first place?"

 

"I got whamped by a bat."

 

"Steel?"

 

"Steel."

 

"Got out fine?"

 

"Blades"

 

"Ahhh... I finally see their uses."

 

"I swear, Tiffany. One day, I'm going to claw your face with my blades. I will tie you up to a tree, butter you up with chocolate and claw you."

 

"Taeyeon won't like that."

 

"I would though."

 

"ENOUGH!" Hyuna roared, shaking the handgun roughly to show it's presence. "Don't go letting your guard down. I hate it when you guys are so arrogant!" 

 

"Arrogant? Us?" Sooyoung inquired. She slipped from her spot like a mist of vapor, appearing right next to Hyuna in a heart beat. And then it was over in the next half a second. The injured Hyuna was on the floor, face up, gasping for breath as Sooyoung pinned the hapless girl by the throat with one of her gloves. Everyone present knew what would happen when those glove pressed down a hair's width. "If anything, you were the arrogant one's to attack us with this pitiful crew. Taking advantage of our broken heartedness because our Sunny isn't so sunny at the moment, I applaud you for that-"

 

Suddenly, Sooyoung's expression grimed fear, instilling it deep within Hyuna's eyes. It drove through her mind and embodied itself in the abyss of her heart, where it would slowly twist and gnaw at her from the inside out. And then she continued. "But if any harm befalls anyone. I swear you will pay, with your life, Hyuna."

 

Sooyoung could sense the rising fear inside their young disciplines. Scratch that. Ex-disciplines. This was good. Now she could start the questioning, namely at Jessica. She shifted her haze over at Jessica, who was, at the time, staring back at her with a blank expression. "Jessica."

 

"Sooyoung." 

 

The shikshin waned a smile. "At least your dry sense of humor hasn't change, dispute your side."

 

"I always knew you were a sharp one, giant. Now please go and tell that to the others, it's getting tiring repeating the same thing over and over you see." 

 

"Will do," she promised, even if at that moment her heart was shattering in tune with Yuri; unconscious as she may be, her heart was still beating, wasn't it? Tiffany. Yes. The best friend of the betrayer. Roommates since the beginning, that has got to mean something. Hyoyeon? Probably beside herself, no matter how calm and composed she is trying to look. And then Sunny. The lover. Definitely the most broken inside. 

 

"Hyuna, get up. Hara, round everyone up. We are leaving." 

 

"But Jessica unnie, we can finish them off here, right now!"

 

"SHUT UP!" 

 

Hara flinched. 

 

"Look at yourselves. Hyuna is beaten. We're out numbered, no men left and you guys... are too weak to take them on."

 

Hara clenched her fist tight into a ball. She was trying to abrade her anger aside but Jessica's word weren't being very helpful. Lowing the handgun, she turned away, helping Hyuna walk off into the darkness. As a result, Nicole followed in behind. Sunhwa eased the blade at off her; smiling one last time for Hyoyeon, she disappeared after the others and leaving a devastated Hyoyeon behind.

 

And all the while, Sunny and Jessica were exchanging glances at one another. The older girl's eyes still steeled and without the tiniest hint of despair or sorrow or regret. There was definitely no regret when Jessica turned away from her and stalked off towards the darkness. Something snapped inside of Sunny and she stood in an instant, her handgun in her hand reaching out towards Jessica's direction. Cocking the hammer relentlessly, she fired a shot into the distance without hesitation.

 

The bullet of lead and copper and tin, propelled towards Jessica without any remorse, however, the ending destination wasn't the blonde's head but the bark of the tree beside. At that moment everyone one froze in time, as well as Jessica for a split second, before she turned, snapping her wrist in Sunny's direction and firing a single bullet which flew past the the younger girl's head. All was silent. All was not well. Anger was spurred on both the girls' face.

 

Sunny's breathing was loud and labored. She'd finally neared the point of giving out from all the stress and injuries she'd received in the short span of an hour. "Jessica!" she screamed, and took another deep breath, and then another. Slowly and slowly, her vision began to blur out as hot, readied tears swelled within her eyes and cascaded down in timed intervals. Drip. Drip. Drip. Her voice softened into a whisper, an almost inaudible sound as she croaked out the last few words,"please... don't do this--to us... to me."

 

Without a reply, Jessica turned her back to her sisters once again, knowing full well that the screams and cries of anguish were caused by her. And her alone. She absently noted on her way out of the mansion that the door to their van still being opened. That night when Sunny was in deep sleep, the girls had rushed out as fast as possible to get to Sunny's side, and now... a day later, that door hadn't still been closed. Everything has happened so fast. And then she noted again.

 

Has night always been so dark?

 

***

 

The girls gathered in the upturned living room in their ruined mansion. They were silent. None spoke. Taeyeon exasperated out a sigh and looked around her. Yoona was in Yuri's embrace on the sofa, the younger girl's soaked red tee still worn at this moment. Seohyun was sobbing dry tears next to Hyoyeon after news of Jessica's betrayal was known to her. And Sunny... she was alone in her own world, staring at the ceiling from the floor where she laid; Sooyoung was trying to cheer the hapless girl up by poking crackers at her cheeks, even that attempt was halfhearted as she was also staring up into the ceiling. 

 

Taeyeon was next to Tiffany who sat there in silent, contemplating on how to calm herself.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"Yes, Tiffany?"

 

"What do we do now?"

 

She thought about it for a few seconds but a reply was never given. "They will be coming for us again," she said. "We should all decide what we should do next."

 

"And what are the options?"

 

"Flight... or fight."

 

***

 

I have asked for her sister's consent about this. And I just really wanted you all to know about the passing of someone great. I do not know her name, you might have or might not, but here, on Asianfanfics, she goes by the alias of raSUNGYU. Recently, she has passed away under the most unfortunate circumstances. You may have seen her username on numerous Sunny centered fanfictions; she was one of my readers, an avid commenter who loved to encourage me and many other writers, and possibly, you were one of her readers as well. She writes. And dam well I tell you. Her sister wished for me to tell of not her death but her time here on Asianfanfics, and I will do just that.

 

I have seen her name everywhere on Sunny fanfictions. I have read her comments which encourage and advices writers. She has a passion for encouraging and helping others. Her comments were all genuine and she doesn't hesitate to point out the odd mistake and give tips on how to improve. She truly was a radiant light in the Sunny community, and if I could add something else, she IS the Sunny of Asianfanfics. Her sister is going through a hard time right now and she plans to continue a story in raSUNGYU's place as a token to her memory. I wish you would encourage her.

 

Lastly, my heart goes out to her family, friends and those who treasure her like no other. Although we, at Asianfanfics don't know her physically, we all know of her as the brilliant raSUNGYU.

 

We dedicate this chapter to you, raSUNGYU. A kind soul who I would have loved to have known better, as a friend.

 

-WickedSoshi & Po_Nyong