S2: Chapter 2

y Beautiful Dangerous

 

 
Her heart went wild. The woman in front of her exuded a presence of ice, and the demeanor of a wild beast. Sunny's eyes stared dead straight into the woman's piercing gaze. The air inside the room seemed to hold its breath, waiting for an occurrence that would lead to an inevitable death.
 
 
Sunny's eyes flickered for a moment when a soft breeze blew her way, carrying the freshness of the night--cool, damp calming--and something that simply should not have belonged, a stench of flesh and blood. Raw. Ripe. And impeccably fresh. She couldn't shake the unwavering urge to turn away and take a quick peak at the blur of mass the woman was holding in her left hand, for she knew it came from there, but Sunny also knew that her life would be in immediate danger if she, for even a second, parted her eyes from the woman. 
 
 
Her curiosity got the better of her, at last. She shifted her line of sight down, catching a glimpse of--first--greyish hair of someone dear to her--second--creases of wrinkles of a warm figure, and--lastly--the terror ridden bulge of her sweet uncle's eyes as they stared aimlessly, but undoubtedly, at her. 
 
 
Pure acid filled her stomach, clawing its way up through her lungs and then throat. She wanted to vomit. She wanted to throw up. She wanted to drop onto her knees and cry her heart out. This wasn't real. It couldn't be real. Impossible. Impossible. Impossible. Her uncle...her dear sweet uncle...was dead. And proof of this was his head, in the hand of a strange girl standing in front of her. Sunny's mouth gapped open. She tried desperately to draw breath, but that had the opposite reaction, and she found herself choking on the very air she tried to breath in.
 
 
"And to think I intended to keep the promise I made with this old man. Pity that you had to walk into--"
 
 
Sunny snapped. Her hands darted out and latched onto the latter's throat. Crimson stained her eyes and a throaty growl, that of a viscous beast, escaped. 
 
 
"You..." the woman managed to gasp through the vice-like hold. The grip tightened, and all at once hell broke loose. 
 
 
In a heartbeat the scales tipped onto the woman's favor, and Sunny's arm snapped back in such an angry way that it bent in an awkward position, that if she hadn't lost her mind, she would've been on the floor brawling her eyes out. The grip loosen and Sunny's stomach lurched inside itself, twisting and folding over as the woman shot out with an overwhelming foot, digging inwards without a stop. 
 
 
Sunny found herself off her feet, launching backwards into the air. Her mind blank from the pain and knot inside her. Her back dug into the cabinet behind her, glasses and wine bottles shattered, as the wooden frame crunched over. Liquid of white velvet and dark crimson of wine seeped through, draining down like a waterfall onto the floor where Sunny fell. A bottle of half drunk whiskey rolled over and tapped at her bare toes, and smashed underneath the woman's thick boots as she stepped over.
 
 
It became near impossible to stand but she did regardless. Getting onto her feet, a silver glint of steel swept her way in a horizontal arc. Sunny snapped under as the blade carved the cabinet in half and leaped to the side, rolling to regain balance and took stance, as it crashed onto the floor. Her feet stun from shards of broken glass that had lodge into her bare soles.
 
 
The blade darted out like thunder, roaring in whichever way--unstoppable and unpredictable--retracting as fast as lighting, skewering varnished wood frames and objects alike like Achilles's spear, and tearing anything and everything apart as though they were a sheet of paper. 
 
 
Sunny flickered about. Weaving forward and fading back. She seemed to radiate an awe of confidence as she shifted around furniture and the room. It was easy. She felt it through her bloodlust that fighting with within her blood--something a part of her that came naturally easy as breathing. The contest was dead even. Neither girls gave an inch to the other, for losing that inch could spiral into death for them.
 
 
Sunny feinted a left jab and shot in a right hook that caught the woman square in the face. The woman's brown hair blew waywardly from the impact, and for a brief second, lost conscious from the sheer power backed by the tiny girl's fist. A sapphire glint filled her vision, as Sunny did nothing but stare into the precious blue eyes. They were so sad, so lonely...so cold. Everything became a mass blur of bodies as Sunny twisted, without thinking, desperately, as the woman seemingly vanished and appeared. It became harder to breath, thinking was death.
 
React. React. Dodge. React. Take the left hook to the face. Dodge the blade. React.  
 
Time ticked slower than she could ever imagine--a second felt like a minute, and in that second, she was weaving between a hundred strikes of silver. Slowly, Sunny began to lose ground. Fatigue hit her like never before, and she fell forward, mind blank for a brief second. 
 
When she came to, her cheek laid against the floor. She wasn't sure where she was--whether she was still in the hall or in the living room. A glistening pool of sweat had formed, and still more dripped down. Her body would no longer respond. She was fading--fading into darkness. Her eyes focus long enough for her to acknowledge a pair of boots stepping her way. Sunny felt a forceful yank on her hair, until their faces leveled, and she stared into the most brilliant pair of blue eyes. 
 
The woman looked away when a knock sounded on the door. It couldn't have been any of the guards, she'd taken care of them on her way in. Maybe it was the ruckus of their duel that drew the attention of neighbors, however, that can't be either as the Lee mansion was well away from any homes. She threw a glance over her shoulder at the grandfather block. One. It was well past time for delivery persons to wonder about.
 
Another knock. The woman loosen her grip and Sunny's face met the floorboard almost immediately. She tightened her grip on her sword and headed over to the door. Suddenly, the door creaked open and she darted the door as a head poked through. She raised her blade high above her head and waited to bring Death upon whoever entered.
 
"Excuse me?" the person spoke. "Is anybody home? It's Taeyeon."
 
***
 
 
Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.