S1: Chapter 11

y Beautiful Dangerous

It was 11 o'clock in the morning, everyone had gotten up and readied themselves for the day. All but one. The lone girl sat inside her room, a thick duvet drapped over her hunched back. In front of her sat a laptop screen. The screen itself showed nothing but continues data taken from their latest mission, or what she called, 'their latest disaster.' 

 

Yoona's eyes dried from the hours and hours in front of the bright, flashing screen. Personally, she blamed herself for the entire ordeal. As one of the mission handlers for the group and one who formulated the plan to be excecuted, it was all on her to make sure that the mission went as planned. It was all on her to make sure nobody is harmed. It was all on her to keep her precious unnies safe as they fought for innocent lives.

 

She ran through the plan once, twice and a third time. It should have been perfect. She, Taeyeon and Seohyun had made sure of it, each one checking each others data before the plan was processed. Then why, why did her plan fail?

 

That night they arrived at the mission site as planned. They had snuck in as planned. They had freed the hostages as planned. And Sunny...being threatened by death did not go as planned.

 

"I'm so sorry, Sunny unnie... so, so sorry," she mumbled to herself, thinking that no one was inside the room with her, she let her feelings go. 

 

***

 

From the time they woke up, til now, another person resided inside of the room, leaning on the wall for hours and hours, watching her as she beat herself up. Yuri was there to see the girl get up at the break of dawn, way before anyone else did. She watched Yoona sneak into their shared room. She watched as the girl cried and smashed at the table with clenched fists. And finally, she listened as the girl apologised to Sunny for the hundredth time.

 

Yuri walked off from her spot and placed a reassuring hand on Yoona's shoulder. She gave it a squeeze. Yoona turned, startled by the unexpected contact.

 

"Babo. You foolish girl."

 

"Yul..."

 

Yuri placed a finger on her lips and then caressed the side of her cheek, brushing away a single droplet of clear liquid with her thumb. "You should really stop blaming yourself. Sunny would never want you to do that."

 

“B-But—”

 

“But nothing, Yoong. We all know it wasn’t your fault. Nobody could have anticipated the turn of events, when we signed up for this job; we all knew the risks which came with it. Sunny took hers, but know this, Yoong. She did it for us.”

 

Yoona was silent. She lowered her head onto Yuri’s chest. They stayed like that for a while; Yoona leaning on the chair, resting on her chest and her standing their taking the full weight of the second in line shikshin and the heavy wooden chair. It was uncomfortable, but felt so right—that was until her legs started to burn, lactic acid being produced overtime.

 

“Yoong.”

 

“…”

 

“Yoong!”

 

“…”

 

“Yoong—”

 

Her legs gave way and the chair, along with Yoona came tumbling down on top of her. The chair fell at an awkward slant and grounded away from their bodies, but Yoona was a different story.

 

The girl came down entirely on her, pinning Yuri haplessly on the floor with her arms in the air by her side. “Yoong?” she inquired once more. When no reply came, she tilted her head to get a better look. And sure enough, the younger girl had already fallen asleep.

 

She smiled, her lips curving into a silly grin. Finally giving to her arms craving, she let them fall around the girl’s back. It felt nice being under the younger girl, feeling her heart softly thumping away against her chest through the thin cotton shirt.

 

“I’ll always be there to catch you, Yoong.”

 

She closed her eyes and let Yoona’s heartbeat lull her to sleep, knowing that when she did wakeup, the first person she would see would be her.

 

‘And I’ll be waiting for you to catch me always, Yul.’

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.