S1: Chapter 12

y Beautiful Dangerous

Seohyun, the innocent maknae placed a blanket over Jessica’s shoulder since the girl refused to move from the spot. Jessica had been sitting beside Sunny's bed since the moment she woke up, she hasn't moved an inch or touched any food for a while now. It was now 7 o'clock and the sun began its desent on the horizon of the world, leaving the skies to grow dimmer and dimmer with each passing second.

 

Seohyun pouted, but remained silent when Jessica didn't move and as much as said a simple 'thanks.' Her nostrils flaring, a faint haze of white cloud could be seen coming out. She was very much angry at her. “Jessica unnie, would you like something to eat?” she asked.

 

At last Jessica reacted , lifting her head and staring blankly at her before shaking her head and resting it back down on the edges of the bed. And with an exasperated sigh, she closed her eyes again.

 

“Unnie, you’ve got to stop moping around. Sunny unnie is alright now, her condition is stable. She just needs to wake up which will be anytime soon.”

 

Hearing her lover’s name, Jessica looked up again.

 

Seohyun smiled at this, but frowned once more when Jessica placed her head back down.

 

“C’mon unnie…at least eat something.”

 

“Not hungry,” came her simple reply, slamming the brakes on the conversation immediately.

 

Seohyun sighed and stood looking down at Jessica with her arms cross, indicating to anyone that she wasn't very happy right now. 

 

“Leave her alone for now, Seo,” said Sooyoung from the floor. The shikshin was resting well on her elbow with a bag of chips in front of her, opened for the picking. She reached into for another piece and stuffed it into , chewing quickly and grabbing another piece. “Princess will eat when she gets hungry, go read a book or something.”

 

Seohyun nodded and walked off, opening the door in an aggressive manner. She contemplated whether or not to slam it shut to show her anger like in the movies. Her mind made up, she agressively slammed the door shut but before the door came in contact with the doorframe, she easied it gentle and closed the door. It was so quiet, Sooyoung barely heard it closing.

 

Once the maknae was out of the room, Sooyoung stood up. Picking up her bag of chips she walked over to Jessica and sat beside her. She rested her head down beside Sunny and closed her eyes. 

 

"What are you doing?" Jessica said in an irritated manner, opening her eyes in the process and giving Sooyoung a taste of her glare.

 

“I feel like sleeping,” she answered flatly.

 

“Go sleep somewhere else, shikshin.”

 

“Naw, right here is nice.” Sooyoung sighed contently.

 

Jessica sat up, her eyes furrowed dangerously. “This isn’t some place you should be playing at!”

 

“Oh really? And why is that?!” Sooyoung replied, sitting up and glaring at Jessica.

 

“B-Because—”

 

“Because what?! Remember that time when you broke a leg when you fell out of that tree? You were put to bed for weeks, you cried like a baby because it got lonely. Remember when Sunny would stay by your side 24/7. Remember that she never once was sad at this. Remember how she threw a party right next to you and invited everyone to join? Think how she would feel when she sees you like this! Now that things have switched places, the least you could do for her is smile. Not smile because she is injured, but smile because she is still here—right beside us.”

 

When Jessica opened but couldn’t form a coherent reply, Sooyoung took the opportunity to grab a chip and shoved it into .

 

“Eat. She would’ve wanted you to do that as well.”

 

Jessica chewed the chip down. She felt so much better after being scolded. It felt like a fist has been lifted off her chest and the hand which squeezed at her heart finally released. “Thanks.”

 

“No problem,” she smiled, handing the open bag of chips to Jessica. “Another?”

 

“Yeah…thanks.”

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.