S1: Chapter 20

y Beautiful Dangerous

Thanks for all those who commented. I guess long updates it is :D

@icefire Thanks for your feed back and that estimation thing. Great idea for the long updates, I agree. I'll be posting in the foreword how the progression of the next chapter is going. As a treat for you guys, you should check out the progression after reading this :P

I was recently pointed out on my inconsistent use of grammar and spelling. I do spell check everything and reread it at least once before I post ANY of the chapter, but that one mispelt word does get out or that misplaced comma/s. I know sometimes that I don't stick to the correct grammar way. Some of them are done deliberately for effect. Apologies for that if you feel... err... offended. Feel free to correct me on anything that's incorrect 

 

***

 

Sunny's heart skipped a beat. The most surreal emotions washed over her; it was one of those moments she yearned for time to slow down as so she could take everything in - every hellish moment, bit by agonizing bit. But alas, reality didn't work that way; it ed her in the face with the full front of anguish, took hold of her by the collar and unsettle her world. Life is a , and reality is real. 

 

"J-Jessica...?" Sunny breathed out in a whisper. Her voice quivered, showing her confusion and doubts. And hinting the possibility that she did not believe this moment was real. Jessica. Standing over her. Handgun to her face. An emotionless expression enriched into her eyes. And she couldn't do anything but point her gun back. "Y-You're scaring me, Sica... what are you doing? Look, I took out those men. We can look for the girls now," she pleaded, her voice descending into a board-line hysterical tone. 

 

However, the older girl stood still, aligning the handgun to her face, without as much as uttering a single word. This was like a dream. No. A nightmare. A truly frightening one where she could not impact it in a way she wanted - a bystander who could only watch from the sideline as everything didn't go her way. 

 

Death stared at her in the face, in the form of her lover. 

 

"J-Jessica. Speak to me."

 

Jessica threw her a smirk. A confident one which said that everything was within her grasp. That everything was supposed to go that way, and she'd expected her to react in that manner. She cocked the hammer of her handgun with her thumb. The steel clicked to life, loaded and ready. 

 

"Jessica! What are you doing?!"

 

And then she spoke. The previous warm and precious sing song voice was gone. In its place was a fortress of ice and baroness; it was bare of all emotion which the older girl had always held in abundance. A transformation in the worst possible of ways. There was also the evident of a grave sin in the voice, as it carelessly played Death like it owned it. Sunny's Jessica was gone. And in its place was the harbinger of her afterlife. 

 

"Sorry, Soonkyu."

 

Jessica's finger curled around the trigger and she pressed down. Pressure built up in less than a blink inside the chamber of the handgun, propelling the tiny bit of lead and tin and copper down the funnel. But before the bullet exited from the chamber, a sizable force tackled her off her feet. Jessica was knocked away, left fumbling on her feet to regain any form of balance. The handgun was pushed astray from its original target; bullet spraying out into the distance, the darkness; it had missed, completely. Death's mourn lingered in the air for a three second frenzy. 

 

The newest charge spoke. "WHAT THE , JESSICA?!" It was Tiffany. Baffled. Confused. And astonished at what was happening. Her bestfriend and sister, Jessica, had tried to shoot one of their sisters. Animosity. Rage. And anger. Those were underwhelming understatements which gushed through her veins. She was disappointed. No. Disappointment only came when one knew that something dreadful could occur. But this. She'd never expected Jessica to turn on Sunny. To turn on them. 

 

There was a click. The hammer pinched down. Bullet being produced from the cartridge and into the tunnel for it to exit. And essentially spitting out for the kill. Where was the sound aimed at? Not Sunny or Yuri. Where was the intent, the drive to kill propagated at? Her. Tiffany whirled around a storm. Her right hand grasping the haft of her blade in its sheath. She drew it. Her hand moved like vapor. A blur. Rising of the blade. The flick of a wrist. Steel slicing through plastic. The gun was halved, the bullet never made it out. But her wrath did.

 

The flowed onto the next strike. Tiffany was up on her feet, swinging vicious swings left and right. Posture forgotten. Her art for the blade was lost. She only continued with rage. Messy . Disgusting artistic work. Rage. Rage. Rage. Lots of that. Her mind hazed, clouded by thoughts which she never dared to ponder on. Her blade. Splitting across. Jessica's head. Halved in two. 

 

But all the while Jessica nimbly sidestepped each with precise movements and uncanny predictions of where they would land. It was easy. The younger girl was a wreck. Her mind was not working in one with her body. Yes. There was none of that. Only the shattered heart and the body were melded into one form; destruction. However, it was also becoming dangerous. The blade flickered faster. Withdrawing and unleashed forward quicker. Whipping forward like a viper. Coming in red hot, and closing in on her skin and flesh and head. 

 

"JESSICA!" Tiffany roared. The enraged girl finally stopped her reckless swings and huffed. She'd worked up quite the sweat, her creamy skin glistering with heavy beads of perspiration. One which should not have been worked up in the first place. "You've got A LOT of explaining to do!"

 

Jessica smirked. "So sorry, Mi Young ah. Did you want to come over and join me? I could ask for a position from the Organization. I'm sure they could make an exception for you."

 

Tiffany lost it. The pupils of her eyes transpiring into a deep pinkish hue. How long has it since she'd been this anger? This tested. No. She'd never been tested. This was pure agitation and rage. She roared forward, blade brandished in front of her. In less than a second, she'd covered the distance between Jessica and her. The first ; a horizontal slash aim at the lower hip, a swing to kill.

 

Jessica was experienced, the rightful owner of the title of prodigy in her field. However, the girl in front of her was a monster. A beautiful, y and totally dangerous monster. Heck, Sunny and Yuri were also in the same category. It wasn't hard to call him such when  they, alone, could take out an entire battlion by themselves. Instead of fading back, she ducked under the swing and clawed for the handgun at her waist. Click. Bang! A bullet spat into the distance. She'd missed. The younger girl had saw the angle of the shot and tilted her body to the side with minimal movements consumed. Bother. There was a blur in front of her. The blade came down for her head. Jessica tumbled forward, passing Tiffany and was up on her feet. She spun. Bang! Missed. Again. Another blur. Another slash. Another fade out. Bang! Skill against skill. They were matched. Odd. She knew that Tiffany was far superior to her in close combat. And this was pretty dam close. Bang! Both sides weren't hitting. Jessica smirked. The next strike came from under, flowing from the previous strike. She stopped movement, as the blade rushed at her. 

 

"Why did you stop, Mi Young ah?" she jeered. A devious smirk ghosting on her face. Tiffany had stop the blade. On the tip of the hair on the side of her neck.

 

"Why...?"

 

"Why what?"

 

"Why are you taking their side?!" Tiffany screamed. A scream of emotion. The duel was over. Death was sated from the three seconds of mayhem. But she wasn't. Tiffany wanted answered. Right. Here. Right. Now. "What were you thinking when you tried to shoot Sunny?! She's your girlfriend for Christ sakes!"

 

"Simple. They wanted her dead. They wanted you ALL dead. And I'm only doing what I've been told to do," Jessica replied. She emptied the handgun of it's cartridge and bumped in a new one. Fresh and ready, with plenty of bullets to go around. 

 

Tiffany was beyond disgusted. How could she reload as casually as she did. No emotion shown whatsoever. She gritted her teeth and breathed out. "Why... what are you doing this for?"

 

The answer came to fast and unexpected. It destroyed the image of the unnie she once adored. And the worst thing was it seemed to roll off her tongue as easy as she shot at Sunny. "Money."

 

"W-What about the years we've spent together? What are we to you?! What is Sunny to you?! We lov-"

 

"Stop. Stop. Years together. Yes. Of course. But think of our profession. Assassins. Elites at the profession but assassins. Why do we do it? Simply because the pay is good. And the pay I'll be getting after this is simply amazing."

 

Tiffany's tear fell as she tried to take everything in. Her heart was crumbling. It hurt. More than that time she took a bullet to the shoulder or the leg or the stomach. More than the time her ribcage was shattered in three places. More than that time Jessica took a bullet for her because she'd been careless. And more than that time when she'd thought Taeyeon would never wake up after their van exploded when they were ambushed during a mission. Because unlike those time when everything healed and was well again, this. was. real. And Jessica's wasn't coming back to them. Or so, without a head. 

 

"You guys... were colleagues who helped lessen the workload. Money came faster that way you see. You were good Mi Young ah - really good at finishing the work as fast as possible. Yuri was a monster at taking shots from any angle and anywhere. I mean. How can someone shot a target dead straight in the heart in a train moving at 200 kilometers per hours? That's insane. Taeyeon and the others? They kept me safe during those mission, so they were useful to an extent," she paused. "And then her..."

 

"Stop it." 

 

Tiffany spun around to see tears streaming down Sunny's face. She was on her knees, with Yuri on her lap, begging for Jessica to stop talking. Her eyes were showing much pain over the ordeal. What lover wouldn't when the person they loved betrayed them in cold blood? Tiffany gritted her teeth. A painful sight to stomach. But everything had to come out. Sides need to be picked fast. And now, before she went all out. 

 

"Stop it."

 

Jessica chuckled and slanted her body in Sunny's direction. She lowered the handgun to her side, her eyes enriched with the expression of a nobody. Nothing was given away, as she stared down at the hapless girl. No tears. No sweet words of comfort. Just pain being dealt out with words. Just words which crushed Sunny's world and her reason for living.

 

"Stop it."

 

An easy smirked played on Jessica's lips as she finished the sentence which ended their hearts. Hers and... Sunny's. 

 

"I never loved her."

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.