S1: Chapter 17

y Beautiful Dangerous

 


Yuri kept her ground, a good 10 yard radius away from the younger girl. They encircled each other, eyes locked into menacing glares. Yuri's posture was calmed and relaxed, she knew - even without the full use of her right arm - the outcome of a full one on one brawl between the two. After all she held the title of the strongest hand combatant in the entire Organisation. Sure Sunny came close to her but that was on Sunny's good days and her worst. She was confident that she would emerge victorious against the young newbie. Just thinking back to the times she trained little Hyuna to throw a punch made her smirk inside - she would win. 

 

"You know what pisses me off the most, unnie?" Hyuna growled her frustration at her. The younger girl suddenly stopped the useless movement as neither of them were making a move. 

 

"Nope. Not at all," was Yuri's curt reply. 

 

"That cocky attitude of yours, thinking that you are the best. You think that you could win against anyone but tonight I’m going to prove you wrong."

 

"Then come at me, lil' Hyun," Yuri teased, a delicious smirk forming on her lips to add fuel to the fire.

 

Right. on. cue.

 

Hyuna lurched forward, both fists raised in front of her head as protection; feathered steps, essentially gliding across the ground. Indeed she had improved. Yuri raised her fist, hand clenched tight into a ball while the other remained limp in its cast. When Hyuna was within a meter of her, she lowered her centre of gravity, twisting her hip back and then haled forward with a vicious straight in the general direction of the younger girl's head. It should have connected, she was sure of it. But when she felt nothing but air on her fist and a knee to her gut, she realised the full extent of the situation. 

 

She coughed blood. The blow zipped through her stomach like thunder, sending her crashing onto the ground. She doubled over on her knees and gasped for air. What the hell just happened? she thought to herself. Too bad Hyuna did not spare her another second to think. A right hook came dropping down from the heavens onto the side of her face. Yuri dropped to the ground in a snap, a hand extended out to soften the blow. The force of the blow would have given any normal person a throbbing concussion but Yuri remained sane on the ground - albeit, in a lot pain. 

 

"All talk, unnie. Back up your words next time you try to bark up the wrong tree," Hyuna spat those words at her. 

 

GOD DAMMIT!!! She wasn't going to take crap from this kid. No. She was going to show the runt who was boss. 

 

Yuri felt an unceremonious tug on her hair and it being pulled up. There was a yank as she was dragged forward. Nope, she wasn't going to take it. As another tug came from Hyuna, Yuri propelled herself forward with a powerful kick off the ground. She essentially flew forward, tackling Hyuna down onto the ground and straddling the girl once again. 

 

Hyuna gasped, taken by surprise from Yuri's aggression. A straight came down from above. She tilted her head to the side, avoiding the blow which would have been her harbinger of death. She heard Yuri roar back in pain as her knuckles came in contact with the ground, leaving a sizable dent behind. Hyuna struck back, a right hook coming from below. It connected, momentarily halting the cameral skinned girl. All movement settled as Yuri slowly titled her head back to glare at Hyuna's direction. Her eyes danced voidlessly, abysmal as the starless skies at night. 

 

Hyuna felt an inhuman chill descend on the small of her back. Her body could not help but tremble at the sight of the older girl. It was as if she was trapped under the weight of a thousand demonic sprits - not seen in physical form but around her nonetheless. She panicked and threw a wild straight up at Yuri, regretting it as soon as her body moved. Her fist flew straight but was rendered hapless as Yuri carelessly brushed it aside. The cast came down, belting across the side of her face. 

 

Conscious fading and strength waning, it took every ounce of reserve for Hyuna to stay in the fight. But that didn't prove to be more then another second as Yuri swung a vicious elbow across the other side of her face, leaving Hyuna to struggle against living and the enviable death. She could feel like, anytime soon she would be a goner. But it never came.

 

***
 

Yoona remember back to what Jessica said to her a moment ago. Lock the doors. Don’t open them unless it was her or the others.  Do not leave the room. It had now been three minutes since the older girl had said that and she hadn’t returned. Yoona was becoming anxious; fears, doubts and worries filled her. What could they do when someone entered the room? It was just her. With a pistol. Alone to fend for Seohyun and Sunny. Things weren’t looking so great despite what Jessica told her – which was also three minutes ago.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

Yoona peeped her head up, eyes wide in alarm. She glanced at Seohyun who nodded approvingly. Yoona stood and moved away from the bedside over to the door, her steps soft so as it would make as little sound as possible. She leveled the handgun to the door. “Unnie?” she called out uncertainly.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Jessica unnie?!” she raised her voice. That was when she heard murmurs behind the door. It wasn’t the voice of a female. It wasn’t the voice of her unnies. It was deep and unfamiliar. Something had definitely gone wrong outside. Yoona wasn’t sure what to do with the situation. Usually Yuri would be here to sort everything out.

 

The door knob twisted left and right but would not budge. Whoever was outside grew impatient and pounded on the door. It rattled in its frame, Yoona backed off gun raised ready to shoot whoever entered. At last the door toppled over under the force exerted from the other side; it crashed into the floor and three men surged through into the room. They immediately went for her, bringing her down effortlessly. Seohyun was next, screaming and kicking as she was forced away from Sunny's side. 

 

"SUNNY UNNIE!" Seohyun screamed at the top of her lungs. She flailed her arms about at the man who restrained her. A lucky hit got through, making him stagger backwards clutching his eye. She took the opportunity and jumped on the man who was going for Sunny, grabbing him from behind and laid into him with all shes got; nails, teeth, fists and elbows. Nothing was left unused. 

 

"!" The man roared, swinging a hand across her face. Seohyun fell to the ground but tried to stand again. 

 

"SEOHYUN!!! STOP IT!" Yoona struggled against her captives strength. Despite her size, she was powerful. However at that moment she was rendered hapless in the face of the man. There was another shriek as Seohyun fell again, a red gash across her forehead. "SEOHYUN!"

 

As Seohyun curled up into a ball by the bedside, she murmured softly under her breath, "leave Sunny unnie alone...Jessica unnie...where are you?"

 

Yoona started to tear at the sight and her own powerlessness. If only she were stronger, she thought. She thrashed about in the man's grip. "Enough!" he roared, slapping her across the face. She fell to the spot beside Seohyun, lying there curled up like a ball, hands enlaced together. Yoona watched as one of their captives ruthlessly took hold of Sunny's body and tried to carry her away. When the wires held them back, he started to forcefully tug at them, trying to disconnect it. It failed. As he pulled harder the wires became undone too fast, he was taken by surprise and stumbled backwards. To re-balance himself he had to hold onto the nearest wall for support, dropping Sunny in the process.

 

At this point, Yoona was enraged at how badly they treated her. She roughly pushed off the ground and charged at the man. He saw this coming and with a swing of his powerful arm she was back on the floor. 

 

"YOONA UNNIE!" Seohyun shrieked as all hope of saving either of them diminished. 

 

Her eyes opened.

 

***

 

Yuri raised her hand above her head, clenched tight into a ball. She tightened her grip, knuckles paling in comparison to the look on the girl's face. It was the strangest feeling ever. She knew she was going to send the girl into darkness in the next second but something inside her gut said that it wouldn't happen - she felt like something would stop her. Perhaps a bullet to the head from one of the on looking men? No. That can't possibly happen. A duel was a duel. Despite the Organisation's betrayal, it was a sacred law that nothing would come between a duel. Yuri brushed that feeling aside and swung. Her fist came down like a hammer, ready to erase the image of the girl she once adored as her baby dongsaeng. However, right before the ending blow. A hook came connecting to the side of her face, knocking her off Hyuna and rolling onto the ground.

 

"WHAT THE ?!" Yuri roared, trying to regain balance. As she tilted her head up, a knee shot out, propelling her staggering away. At last the full brunt of the force kicked in. She shot out a palm to soften the fall, pain seized at her wrist, zipping through her arm like lightning. Her face met the cold ground, eyes starting to blur in and out of focus. Everything seemed grim for Yuri but the next thing she heard shattered her inside. 

 

"You shouldn't be hurting your dongsaengs like that, Yuri ah."

 

That voice - that cold voice, emotionless and bereft. She knew that voice so well. The way it chilled ily into her ears in a soft tone. The way it seemed to sing itself in a beautiful note. The way it sent her heart shivering in fright dangerously - that voice which she had heard every day for the past five years. Yuri's heart was breaking. This couldn't be true. This shouldn't be true. She tilted her throbbing head towards the voice. She never saw it - the face of the speaker - but the fist followed by the next words told her everything and more. Her conscious finally slipped into darkness...

 

Jessica.

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.