S1: Chapter 26

y Beautiful Dangerous

Five minutes Prior

 

Clouds rumbled and thunder clapped in awe. Rain poured down on their exhausted bodies without worry. The weather protested against their craving for the other's blood, growling down at them to cease the unavailing duel--that could do nothing else other than destroy their relationship. However, the stubborn girls remain firm on their belief that the other was at fault. A match made in heaven, however, on the wrong side of the clouds. 

 

Sunny grounded her lead foot just inches before Jessica's and shifted her body weight forward with practice ease. Hip spinning, rotating at breakneck speed, she exploded out with a fist at an inhumane pace. She took a breath to calm her mind as Jessica backed off with light step, blocking her hand, and took stance. 

 

Karate. Aikido. Muay Thai. Hapkido. Tae Kwon Do. What. What was Jessica going to do? Lead foot forward, heel suspended on their toes. Knees slightly raised. Hands bunched into a tight ball in front of her face, shoulder width apart. Neck pulled in, eyes glaring and dead and emotionless. Muay ing Thai. The art of eight limbs. Powerful without grace. Mercilessly devastating. A destructive martial arts to be reckon with. And most of all, Jessica's bread and butter. The older girl had taken up the art before their group had came together as nine. Breaking grown men to their knees when they tried to as much as hit on her in their trainee days was easy to her. Flickering speeds and raw power were Muay Thai's advantages. She could not let Jessica within close-quarter combat range or else. 

 

Sunny held eyes with Jessica for a brief moment before Jessica blew her away with an unwavering glare and exploded forward in the heat of the moment. An unrelenting fist shot out at her head. Her eyes widen at the sudden combustion of aggression. Inches from her face, her reflects snapped her head to the side and she lashed out with a fist of her own.

 

It never made it. The realization that reality had no rules--no restriction to what can be used to crush the opponent into the ground, so much so that their knees would buckle at one's sight, and never again would opposition be possible--kicked in. Sunny's hand clawed at thin air when Jessica's knee shoved angrily at her stomach, pinching her traumatically numb muscles. Without as much as a split second to breath, she felt two soft, familiar hands on the nape of her neck; and pulling down, another crushing knee zipped through her midriff like electricity. 

 

Sunny could do nothing but take knees to the gut, one after the other. It wasn't until the fifth one connected did she compose her bruised and battered body, and retaliated. Her forearm materialized in time to intercept the sixth knee, feeling the bone inside her arm fracture a tiny bit from the jutting knee. However, the knee shoved her arm back against her bone, crushing it in place painfully between her chest. She grunted hard to divert her mind from the swelling pain.

 

A window presented itself in the form of a second and Sunny rushed to take advantage of it. She hooked her free arm underneath Jessica's knee and jerked back hard. A dolphin-like squeal resounded and their backs hit the paved rooftop at the same time. 

 

Sunny laid still, gasping frantically for breath while the latter twisted onto all fours and was on her way up. She knew that she did not have time to recuperate any longer and snapped up onto her feet. Pushing her churning stomach to the back of her mind, she took stance. However, even before she could catch a quick breath, she felt her footing disappear under her and a searing pain ensued inside her ankle. 

 

Pain seized her wrist as her palm met the floor to break her fall. She snapped her eyes in front of her and seeing nothing but empty space, crouched and rolled forward, as hot air stormed over her head--a near miss that would have seen to it that she did not wake for a while. Sunny resumed stance, fists bunched up in front of her face. If Jessica wanted Muay Thai then she'd give her Muay Thai. 

 

A fist came hurtling towards her. She snapped underneath it and lashed out with a fist of her own. Jessica's landed, and hers didn't. It was a vicious knock to the face, one that most likely dislocated her jaw and watered her eyes. The moment slowed to a millisecond, so much so that her eyes could capture, in detail, every fine feature on Jessica's face. Her parted lips exhaling from the momentum it took to dish out such raw brutality. Her expanded cheeks, puffing out the exhaust. Her eyes...a blazed, kindled by a flame that Sunny had never seen before. 

 

Spiraling down in a corkscrew motion, she twisted hard oh her heels and jerked suddenly at the last second. Her elbow exploding out in a powerful combustion of kinetic energy and ripped across Jessica's chin. She grounded with both feet in time to evade the spinning kick that flowed effortlessly from being hit. The two girls took each advantage offered to them. Never relenting. Never going all in for that could spell a mistake. A lot rode the duel. 

 

Jessica's foot nipped the bridge of her nose, drawing blood and shoving it off to the side as she arched her back as far as possible. Broken nose? No time to think. Simultaneously, her foot darted out, catching Jessica in the side of the ribs. She regretted it instantly when the older girl's arm wrapped around her exposed leg, locking her in a vice and then dropped down with her other arm. Broken nose and jarred kneecap? No time to think. The roaring pain jolted her body awake and her reflects shoved her upper torso in an upright position, bringing her closer.

 

The distance closed between them when Sunny succumbed to the flow and angrily snapped her forehead against Jessica's. She winced and could hear Jessica's audible gasp behind those clenched teeth of hers. For a moment there, their foreheads glued to each other and crimson tickled down their faces. 

 

The momentum was hers. The leg Jessica held loosen in the girl's arm and immediately dropped to the ground. A moment. Hers. For the taking. As soon as the foot landed, her hands found the nape of Jessica's neck and secured around it. She pushed off with her freed leg, hard, and flared up with a series of quick, accelerated knees to Jessica's side. 

 

It was the first time in the duel where she felt complete dominating and the feeling of victory swelled up inside her chest. Jessica was definitely getting dragged out of here, even though she'd be beaten and battered, she would be with them. Sunny loosed her arm and shoved out with her foot to Jessica's chest. The aftermath was destructive. The girl crumbled forward and stutter stepped backwards. 

 

However, it was then that she'd made her gravest mistake tonight yet. She took a step forward when she shouldn't have. Somehow, Jessica exploded forward then when her feet was off the ground. Almost immediately the girl appeared crouched in front of her, eyes glaring dangerously upwards, lips stained in blood and forehead caked in red. 

 

"!" she all but managed to breath out. She saw the girl's stance: crouched low, both hands clenched by her chest; legs bent, ready to propel forward. And all at once, Jessica unrestraint her wrath. Lead foot leverage and back foot spring. The brutal motion happened so fast, Sunny hadn't seen or felt the fist that belted across the side of her face until blood spluttered out of uncontrollably.

 

Her head lolled to the side and with nothing to brace the powerful motion, her body snapped like a feather caught in a gale. She could do nothing but watch helplessly through the thick crimson that accumulated around her field of vision as she swayed.

 

She did not feel the hard floor on her shoulder, nor did she feel it on her face. She no longer felt any pain. It was odd. This was her body yet she held no control over it. She must've been dreaming by now because that uppercut destroyed any chances of victory. However, in all of this she could feel her feet touching the ground...was she still standing? She most definitely was, but how? After that fist, she should've been a goner.

 

And at once, her eyes and conscious slowly slept, giving way to the restraint boiling demon inside of her.    

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.