S1: Chapter 30

y Beautiful Dangerous

One month later

 

Things have been peaceful and quiet ever since that dreadful day. The eight girls had been through much. Hell. Taeyeon would go as far as to say the nine of them had been through much. It wasn't to say that she'd forgiven Jessica for her betrayal--stabbing them in the back, breaking Sunny's heart...and kicking Tiffany off the window cleaner's suspended work plate form.

 

Taeyeon was livid when she'd heard that from Tiffany's mouth. She couldn't believe it at first, but reluctantly accepted it when she saw the state that Sunny was in. Poor girl had also fallen from high up, and without the breakneck stunt that Tiffany had pulled, the impact on her wasn't alleviated. 

 

News traveled like wildfire that day, of how Korea's most well funded cosmetics organization was targeted by a foreign terrorist group. Taeyeon broke a television set that day. 

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and rubbed her temples to relieve the stress she'd been under. They had to relocate. Thailand they'd decided together. Bangkok? Too crowded. Chiangmai? Still a bit too crowded. Out in the middle of nowhere, say...a seaside mansion in Phuket?

 

That was more like it.

 

They pooled in all their money, funnily their entire bank account had been emptied that morning by an unknown source. It wasn't hard to figure out that the Organization were behind the transfer of all their wealth. However, a secret fund they'd stashed away thanks to Manager Hwang ever since they started out as a group saved the day, and bought them a new home.

 

"TaeTae?" a voice broke through the sound of ocean waves lapping against the shore and the gulls crying outside. The sun was incredible warm that morning, Taeyeon noted, before she'd even considered the voice. Turning, she glanced at her wife. Yes. Wife. She'd realized a lot that fateful day.  Their lives were under constant treat, and hers was almost taken when Tiffany radioed in that Sunny had fallen. She was so shocked and her conscious couldn't cope.

 

Darkness consumed her and the next thing she knew, she was sleeping beside Tiffany in a safe house. How? Apparently she'd went on a rampage. There was a lot of blood. Lots of it. Not hers, of course. But of the men who tried to get in her way of Sunny. That was the turning point, and when their feet touched Thailand, she'd gotten down on her knee and asked for Tiffany's marriage. The rest was history, and they kissed under the scorching sun of the land of everlasting smiles.

 

Taeyeon stood. "Hey, Fany ah." she went over and hugged Tiffany. "What is it?"

 

"It's Yuri...she wants to speak with you."

 

***

 

"No," Taeyeon spoke, clear, powerful and low. 

 

"B-But."

 

"No buts, Yuri. The answer will stand, and it's a 'no.' I forbid you to return to Korea."

 

Yuri suddenly stood and left the room. A brooding mist hung over the atmosphere as the remaining girls remained silent. Yoona reacted first and stood to go after Yuri. She stopped by the door and turned to Taeyeon. "Sorry, Tae unnie. Yuri's just angry. She'll calm down later." 

 

Taeyeon nodded meekly as Yoona disappeared behind the door. She leant back in her seat , closed her eyes and sighed. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she smiled, genuinely this time, opened her eyes and placed her hand over it. "Fany ah," she said, and kissed the knuckles softly. "Am I a bad person?"

 

"No, Tae, of course not. Yuri, she understands that you only mean the best for her."

 

"I know... I know."

 

"She blames herself, you know that, Tae?" Tiffany began and Taeyeon closed her eyes again. "Yoona told me last that, that Yuri tells her each day that she felt so pathetic that day--to be sitting on the sideline, and watch from afar as we risked our lives trying to bring Soo Man down."

 

"I know, Fany ah, and I don't blame her. Whether she thought she was pathetic or not--"

 

"Taeyeon, Tiffany unnie! It's Sunny!"

 

Seohyun's shrilling voice cut through the air and entered their ears. Sparks flew inside their mind and their faces ashen. The thought of the worst scenario had come, but before they could voice out their distress, a single tear dropped from the corner of Seohyun's eye as her lips curled into relief smile. 

 

Taeyeon's heartbeat exploded inside her chest. The unfathomable weight on her chest seemed to dissipate in moment's notice and she herself could not let a wide, toothy grin tipped the corner of her lips. Needlessly and without words, Taeyoen threw Tiffany a smile. She took Tiffany's hand and ran from the room, following Seohyun, who had left before them. 

 

***

 

Sunny wasn't so sure where she was when her eyes opened that morning. A dull throb exploded across her head and she squeezed her eyes shut, trying in vain to alleviate the pain. She snapped her eye opened once the pain had subsided, and then, confusion took over her body.

 

Where was she? The room looked unfamiliar to her. There was an abundant of light inside the room, what with it being without curtains and the windows taking up two of the perimeter walls. And she noted, that wherever she was was right on a beach. She couldn't see past the horizon, but wriggled herself into a sitting position and thoroughly enjoyed the stellar view nonetheless. 

 

The only door to the room creaked open and a tall, baby-faced girl entered. Her skin was so flawless and white that she'd looked like a life-sized doll, the moment she'd set foot inside. And then, her eyes turned wide as they stared at each other. It was an awkward encounter, Sunny thought. 

 

"Umm..." Sunny began and the girl dropped the tray she had in her hands. Water lapped over the wooden floor, followed by a cloth that soaked up much of it. Before she could speak properly, the girl turned and darted from the room, leaving the door ajar. 

 

"Taeyeon, Tiffany unnie! It's Sunny!" she heard a shrilling voice scream. There was a brief second of silent before the door ripped open and slammed against the adjacent wall. From the sound of many more footsteps drumming on the floor bed, there were more than three persons that would join them. 

 

Sunny's face remained indifferent as they stared at her unabashedly. And Taeyeon noted, that Yoona and Seohyun had a firm grip on each of her shoulders. Their eyes were glazed over by sheer amounts of tears that threatened to spill. 

 

She broke from the rest and gingerly shuffled over to Sunny's bedside while the girl sat, quietly still and unmoving. Sunny's face was ashen white and Taeyeon couldn't help but feel that she was a little quizzical over their sudden appearance.

 

"Sunny?" Taeyeon whispered, hushed and low, afraid that her voice might startled the bereft girl. However, Sunny remained vigilant, watching with keen eyes from the safety of her bed. 

 

Then, an uncontrollable shudder ran down her spine and the thick, brooding atmosphere that followed froze her in place. She heard loud, despairing gasps from behind her, and a strangled cry, as their worst fear had come to light. 

 

Sunny's voice, after being devoid of it for over a month, resounded nostalgically through the air. It was sad and quiet and low, nothing like the energy pill they used to know.

 

Tears swelled in Taeyeon's eyes as a brittle hand wrapped around her heart and squeezed, when Sunny finally finished.

 

So bitter...so very bittersweet.

 

"Who are you?"

 

-End-

 

***

 

Welp. Beautiful y Dangerous has finally come to an end, and this marks my first completed(?) fiction. I'm reluctant to end it here but sadly, I've lost all inspiration, interest and motivation to continue. The reason I hadn't updated in the time I had set myself was because I didn't feel like updating with the other path and just stop here, and rewrite it all again. I really hate not finishing, so this is just me making sure it has a ridiculous closure that doesn't even end it properly. Maybe I'll continue, who knows, because the story isn't even half of what Po_Nyong and I had plannned. But regardless, thank you for reading 30 chapters of this lil' fiction of ours. I really, really DO want to continue this one, but everytime I try to write a sentence, it doesn't flow. Welp. Ciao for now~

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy. 

 

***