S1: Chapter 19

y Beautiful Dangerous

 

Sunny gasped in her last breath as she felt all flow of oxygen ceased to flow into her lungs. The grip was still tight around her neck, she didn't have the strength to fight it anymore. What was happening around them? Where were the girls, and most importantly, where was Jessica? She wanted to see her face one last time at least, but the way things were going, it didn't seem like that would happen. Her tiny fists dropped from the man's side to her waist. Eyes dimmed out, perched throat and air ceased to flow into her lungs.

 

***

 

Yoona looked on in horror as Sunny took an uppercut to the jaw, it must've hurt since she was lifted off the ground completely. Sunny twisted and regained balance, however, too slow. The man pounced in on her, taking Sunny by the throat with two powerful and burly hands. The man lifted her off her feet and held her suspended in the air like a rag doll, forcing the life out of her. Time was of the essence, Yoona had to react fast otherwise her unnie would be a goner. 

 

A silver glint caught her attention to her side. It was a gun. Oh God no. A gun? Never in a thousand years has she ever thought of shooting someone with it, other than in game against Sunny. She was a hacker, good with computers and software and hardware, but guns? That was a big no go zone for her. She detested the loud sudden bang at gave off and the stench of raw burning plastic which came after. She looked up at Sunny and then the gun again. Gun it was. 

 

"Let her go, bastard!" she shouted, pointing the silver handgun at him.

 

The man the spot but never relent. He threw an easy smirk at her, grinning from ear to ear. The harmless looking girl would never shoot in a thousand years. "Shoot me then, but don't miss. You might end up shooting this little miss here," he jeered. 

 

Yoona gritted her teeth and tried to steady her hands and resolute her mind. "PUT HER DOWN!" she roared.

 

"SHOOT ME!"

 

Yoona backed away from his booming voice. Her grip on the handgun suddenly became unsteady, she was shaking all over. Take the shot or not? Take the shot or not? Take the shot or not? Take the shot and risk hitting Sunny or not? The odds were truly against her, her aim wasn't the best. She was sure that Seohyun, who has never handled a gun could shoot a target better than her. But then, if she didn't shoot, the man was going to strangle the life out of Sunny. The thought of it calmed her down. She exhaled out and inhaled in, eyes trained in on the man's head. His mouth was forming words, probably taunting her to shoot but she couldn't hear them. Block everything out, just like Sunny had taught her. 

 

Bang!

 

Yoona flinched as the handgun recoiled against her. She didn't dare to open her closed eyes, too afraid that she might've done more damage than good. Slowly, she began lifting the curtains of her eyes. As reality came back to her, she blinked. And then again. The man was still standing, no visible wound in sight. Sunny was still in the air, also no visible wound. The wall behind them, with a small but visible hole, was however, in sight. Yoona closed her eyes, . She'd missed, completely. 

 

"How dare you shoot at me?!" the man roared suddenly, taking Yoona by complete surprise. She flinched once again as the man tossed Sunny aside and ran straight at her. She panicked and fired another shot. Missed. He was in front of her. There was a lung. A hand extending out. A finger, curling around the trigger. A bang. Thump. And then next thing, the man was dead. Left to rot on top of the panting Yoona, whose eyes were wide. She killed someone. 

 

"Yoona unnie!" she heard Seohyun yelling out her name and the rustling of bare footed footsteps drawing near. 

 

"STOP!" she shouted. She couldn't let Seohyun see her like this - drenched in a man's blood, and a handgun pressed against his chest. She was a murderer. She'd committed something she promised to her sisters that she would never do. "Go check on Sunny unnie."

 

***

 

"Cough...! Cough...!" Sunny rolled over onto her side and gulped in much needed air. Her head resting on the bedroom floor, she made an attempt to stand. Too weak. Much too weak. 

 

Bang!

 

Sunny tossed her head to the side, disregarding the pain her body gave out in protest. She made out two things; Yoona underneath a man, and the blood which flowed endlessly onto the floor. It was definitely not Yoona's as she was lying underneath him, her eyes watching something in the far off space above her. Sunny felt her heart twist and wane, she felt guilt running along her spine - guility that she could not kill the man before Yoona, and in turn left the young girl to do so. "Y-Yoona..." she croaked out.

 

"Sunny unnie!" 

 

"S-Seohyun?" she murmured, switching perspective to the sound which drew nearer. 

 

Seohyun kneeled down beside Sunny and immediately took her hand. "Are you alright, unnie?" she cried. 

 

Sunny chuckled. "Do I look alright to you, Seo?"

 

"Unnie!"

 

Sunny croaked out another chuckle and immediately regretted it; wincing in pain. What she would give for some painkillers right now. "Help me stand, Seo."

 

Seohyun took Sunny's arm and wound it around the nape of her neck and gently eased herself up, along with Sunny. "Are you going to be alright, unnie?"

 

"Y-Yea..." 

 

Sunny limped over to her bed with Seohyun's help. She reached under the mattress and fished out her baby - her other baby. A SIG SG 550 assault rifle. 4.1 kilograms in weight, 700 rounds per minute, 20 rounds per cartridge, black. Her favorite assault rifle by far. She ripped her pillowcase apart, reaching inside, she took out a handgun which she tucked into the waistband of her shorts. Sunny couldn't help but let a shy smile plaster itself on her lips at the sight of the handgun. It was a present which Jessica had given her during her last birthday. They got a matching pair, and she'd had cherished it ever since.

 

"Unnie... are you really going to do this?" Seohyun asked in a slightly pleading voice, breaking her out of her trail of thoughts. The voice hinted the possibility  that she did not want Sunny to go through with it. Seohyun knew that Sunny was beaten up and her willpower is what's keeping her from standing alone. "So stubborn," she murmured just out of earshot. 

 

"What was that, Seo?" Sunny asked, fiddling with the assault rifle, checking to see if it was still up to standards.

 

"Nothing, unnie," she replied.

 

"Take care of Yoong, she has been through a lot just then - you two have. Leave the rest up to me," the short girl said as she walked out of the door. Sunny did not even throw a glance of her shoulder or gave a few encouraging words to Seohyun whose tears fell slowly. This was a moment where anything and everything can go wrong for them. She didn't know where the other girls were, she didn't know that they were safe or worst...

 

"Be careful, unnie."

 

***

 

"Nine rounds, nine rounds, nine rounds," Sunny mumbled underneath her breath. She was walking down the wide staircase of the mansion, heading for the front entrance. Her shoulder abraded against wall, leaving a faint trail of crimson in its wake, a wound she'd gotten from the tussle with those men in the bedroom earlier. Her head was throbbing vigorously but she brushed it aside. Thinking about the past gave no room to the present. And at this moment, the present was all she cared about. 

 

A blur of black clothing was header, and suddenly an assailant was standing in front of her. It was a he, and his eyes were wide as he stared at her through  her cross-hair. Sunny's finger curled dangerously around the trigger, and she pressed down. The assault rifle spat out a single bullet which struck the man directly on the forehead, and exiting out behind him, bringing along a torrent of red. He crumbled down on the spot, knees gave way as his head exploded backwards from the impact.

 

"Eight rounds, eight rounds, eight rounds," she continued to mumble underneath her breath. At last she made it down to the ground floor. Now to traverse the blackened hallway. Her heart began drumming, beating faster and faster as she approached the front door. However, before she reached the front door, a gaping hole could be seen in one of their bedrooms. Sunny's jaw dropped. How the hell did she not wake up from the explosion which caused that!

 

There were movements in front of her, she made out six men dressed in assault squad attire; thick, probably bullet proof, vest; army styled trousers with knives and grenades hanging off their belt; masks with goggles covering their eyes, definitely infra red. Armed to the teeth, a hassle, she should stay clear of them and find out where the girls were. That was until she spotted Yuri lying down in the middle of the yard. A change of plans were in order.

 

Sunny went charging in. She'd wanted to go in guns blazing but with eight bullets left in the cartridge that would impossible. She was amazed at how action flicks poorly portrayed the scene, because if one did that, they would be dead, caught in the head by the fire bullet which was returned. She was crouched low, knees bent, moving steady on her feet towards Yuri. Her assault rifle raised eye level, the cross hair hawked in on one of the man's head; finger curled above the trigger, she her lips in anticipation, and fired. 

 

The first bullet caught the men by surprise, taking the first down without a reply. Five. Before they could react, another bullet was fired. The aim was true, taking the life of the man nearest to the fallen one. Four. They were train professionals, regrouping as quick as they did was expected. However, she was a trained professional whose profession was to kill those professional. Three. The remaining men quickly dispersed into the night, taking cover by shrouding themselves in darkness. They tried to return fire but darkness was a double edged cutlass. Two. He panicked as his colleagues were taken before his eyes, he didn't see who the assailant was, or were but whoever it was, was trained. He cast his eyes into the darkness, stopping when he felt the nuzzle of a firearm against his forehead. One. He knew he was last but he also knew that whoever was shooting could not see him. It was skill against skills, he was a veteran at the job. Having served in Afghanistan for the United Stats since the whole fiasco began, he was accustom to being fired upon without warning. His back was pinched against the side of a van on the mansion grounds. The only directions which he could be fired at were from the front, left or right. "Come," he murmured. There was a thump above him, the van's rooftop dented underneath a weight. His eyes widen, he threw a glance upwards, and the last thing he saw was a novice glow. Zero.

 

Sunny jumped down from the their van, and briskly headed over to Yuri, who at the moment was still unconscious on the ground. She laid down her weapon and curled Yuri into her chest, lightly tapping the girl on the cheeks. "Yuri ah, Yuri ah! Wake up, Yuri ah."

 

The thought that someone had beaten Yuri didn't come to mind until just then. Yuri was the strongest amongst them, the best at what she does, and never in a million years could she hope to beat the girl in a one on one confrontation. So whoever managed to bring Yuri down like this was powerful, beyond imagine. There was a rustle behind her, Sunny quickly reached for the handgun at her waist. She was baffled, someone had snuck up to her without her noticing, whoever it was, was skilled. Still crouched down with Yuri on her lap, Sunny spun her entire upper body around and aimed the handgun straight at the person's face. Her arm raised, she threw her most deadly glare at the person. And at that moment, she realized that a familiar handgun was pointed at her face.

 

The assailant's face was concealed by the night, however, a jaw line she was accustomed to seeing was visible. The figure, shapely and of a woman. Toned into a desirable build; one which would turn eyes and heads of males and females, regardless of their uality - gay or not, they will gawk. And the funny thing was, that body belonged to her. And at that moment, a pang of anguish collapsed in on her in multiple waves. The figure was standing over her; handgun trained to her head, a look of steel enriched into her gaze; icy in demeanor, her posture straight and unforgettable.

 

It was her - her Jessica.

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.