S1: Chapter 8

y Beautiful Dangerous

Twenty-six men, armed with handguns, assault rifles, metal clubs and the odd baseball bat, stilled in silence as the dead calm held their souls’ for the most painful second. They were armed to the teeth, yet felt bare as a dark figure stirred through their ranks. In the darkness shrouding the warehouse, nothing could be seen except those crimson stained eyes which hovered aimlessly five foot above the ground.

 

All the while he stood there and watched inanimately as it strode over to him. Those menacing crimson stained eyes inching further towards him. He dared not blink, but the curtains of his eyes grew heavy. He blinked.

 

And the next thing he knew, those eyes were staring up at him, unmoving and silent. His lips quivered through the dark and slowly and slowly, the clattering of his teeth ushered the silence from the room. Those eyes stared into his soul, ripping it out from his insides.

 

His breathing hitched as a shiver of warmth caressed his neck. “Shh…I’ll make sure it hurts, if you don’t scream.”

 

He screamed out as she took his life in a brink. The thin dagger in her hand dipped through his neck, piercing his carotid, before exiting out at the precise same angle, leaving him to drown in his blood—she lied.

 

His scream was all it took to envoke his colleagues' despair. Gunfire haled out in the direction of the sound, crossing bullets as some unfortunate soul was taken by the hands of their friends, but not hers.

 

Sunny sidestepped his falling corpse, moving with inhumane grace to take the next man through the heart, driving her blade deep and wrenching it out of his flesh, as his life gushed out in the form of blood. She couldn't afford for her blade to be bound for it would open a second for her foes to strike. She nimbly side stepped their corpses, moving with the same grace to take the next man in line.

 

They were left blind in the dark warehouse, charging blindly forward towards the sound and the red blur across the black canvas. “Forward!” They would shout and yell from the backline, marching forward to their impending doom, however those at the front would gurgle and gasps, “Back!”

 

Soon there was nothing but men gasping for their last breath while those on the floor drowned in their own, and friend's blood.

 

All the while she danced through the night; taking small steps so she would not slip and fall like those awkward lumps they proclaimed, ‘veterans.’ Each of her blade controlled, never disemboweling more than necessary.

 

She was in front of him in a second and gone the next, leaving him without an arm. He stood there without realizing that he was missing a limb, a cry for mercy was heard to his left before he fell to the floor without a leg. The floor, wet with blood poured in through his mouth. He gaspws and spat it out, a gurgling scream to his right was heard and before he knew it, his body was left without a head—he died without knowing that he did.

 

Thunder flashed once in the windows, illuminating the room in white. For a split second, bodies piled across the tainted floor and a single, lone girl stood. SungGyu was left high and dry, so very dry. His hand cupped his crotch region without its pride and joy. He was on his knees as Sunny slowly advanced in on him. With the next thunder, she stood before him.

 

She held the dagger by her side, relinquishing the glistering crimson to slowly drip down in slow, timed intervals. She brought it aloft, incising the skin of his face, drawing blood as it cut.

 

“P-Please,” he selfishly begged, intertwining his bloodied hands, praying and hoping that mercy would be shown—but none was spared.

 

The man before her was pitiful. She felt disgusted that he would even dare to ask for her forgiveness. Dripping with the hot, red emotion, she swung her arm back before bringing it forward with rage. She screamed as the blade slit through the skin of his neck, slicing the carotid, effectively ending his life.

 

Sunny stood in the pool of crimson, letting the sound of dripping and the gurgling of the last few, as they took their last breath, envelope her sense. She swayed to the side, unbalanced and off center with gravity. She felt the world twirling around her and soon she felt the hard comforts of the floor. She lay on her side, watching through dulled vision as two familiar silhouettes rushed towards her.

 

The last sound she heard was the desperate cries of her sisters calling out a single name, it sounded familiar but she couldn’t quite place it. If only for a split second, she felt warmth as the name was repeated until her conscious faded.

 

“Sunny!”

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.