S1: Chapter 29

y Beautiful Dangerous

Wind whipped at her exhausted body as a thin trail of tears fell vertical to her eyes. Her mind dulled from what had just happened, and to her, nothing made sense. A second ticked by and silence suddenly enveloped her. 

 

She felt nothing. Not even the strong winds lashing at her frail body or the deafening roar as she fell. The journey that they had been through together. The times of trails. The tests--physically and mentally. Beaten. Starved. Left for dead with nothing but the cloths on their back and the company of their warmth. None of that really mattered anymore. 

 

The Jessica she knew was long gone.

 

Suddenly, vociferous gales blared all around her, and Tiffany caught herself. She held her blade tight and gritted her teeth. The adrenaline bit back with an extra kick. She forced her incorporating body to respond and spun a vertical arc. Rising her blade high above her head, held in reverse grip, she drove the refined steel into the side of the concrete building. Sparks flew and flickered across her face. Tiny fire specs torched her exposed skin but she held on. A vertical slit appeared as she continued downwards. However, she hadn't slowed since the beginning. 

 

"C'mon!"  Tiffany dug her blade deeper. Harder. More forceful. And at last, everything around her stopped. It seemed too good to be true, and it was. The blade snapped. She screamed. Earth came all to quick for her, and she did not like it one bit. The ground met her hard...so very hard indeed. 

 

Tiffany's mind went completely numb from impact but to her relief--or not--she'd landed on top of a pile of black rubbish bags that cushioned her ungraceful fall. Relief took over but her heart had not slowed a bit. She touched her hand to her forehead and ran it through her dampen hair. It was over. They lost. Their plan to stop the man that aimed for their lives had not been stopped...or rather, could not be stopped. Their strength fell drastically when Yuri suffered a broken arm, and their numbers dwindled when Jessica defected. Things did not look so good when they first came together with the idea. It was something of a suicide mission to begin with.

 

Groaning, the back of Tiffany's head met the rubbish bags. She glanced up absent-mindedly at the grey clouds which formed that morning. Anytime now...anytime now and daybreak would come. Rain continued to fall and she reached over to her earpiece. Pressing the earpiece down, she spoke into the electronic object. "Tiffany to Taeyeon. I repeat, Tiffany to Taeyeon."

 

"This is Taeyeon."

 

"It's...the mission is over. We--"

 

Tiffany heard rustling from above, but before she could even as much as spot the source of sound, an indiscernible figure landed beside her. Looking over, her eyes widened. 

 

"Sunny!"

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.