S1: Chapter 14

y Beautiful Dangerous

 

Tiffany walked the open stretch of road leading to their mansion, her boots crunched the shingle underneath as she passed through the gate. After losing a game of ‘rock, papers, scissors’ to Sooyoung, she drew the short end of the straw and ended up going grocery shopping. Two hands carrying two large bags of microwavable goods, microwavable good and more microwavable goods as  she turned into the drive way and kicked off her shoes, entering the house.

 

“I’m back!” she announced for the world to hear. No reply. “Hello?!”

 

She placed the bags on the kitchen counter and headed for the living room. “Is anybody home?”

 

“C’mon guys…this isn’t funny. Okay…it might be for you, but not for me. Stop it and come out! Taeyeon! You’re not going to sleep with me if you don't show me that wide forehead of yours right this instant!”

 

Still no reply and things turned grim. The house was dead silent, but that wasn’t how she left it 39 minutes ago. Surely, they would have left a message for her, knowing that she went out shopping. She disappeared down the hallway, passed a few rooms. “Hel—”

A door swung open behind her, she felt an unceremonious tug at the back of her collar before a hand was placed firmly over her motuh. She fell down onto her rear, mild pain seizing her palms trying to break the fall. She screamed, but it was muffled as she struggled against the person. She felt the person turn her around. Too her relief it was Taeyeon.

 

“What the hell was that for?!” she hissed, rising her voice to show her anger. She looked around the room and noticed  Sooyoung and Hyoyeon standing beside the wall of the window, respectively on each side, taking glances out whenever the other signaled. “What’s going on?”

 

“Shhh…there is something—or should I saw someone out there,” answered Taeyeon.

 

“Where are the others? Are they alright? What about Sunny? Is she doing alr—”

 

“Calm down, Fany ah,” Taeyeon soothed. “Jessica is looking after Seo and Yoong unstairs along with Sunny. We’re just looking out for something suspicious.”

 

Tiffany nodded. That was when the doorbell chimed through the house. The girls gave each other a comical look, saying with their eyes, ‘you gotta be kidding me.’

 

“I’ll answer it,” Sooyoung said, crawling along the floor towards the door.

 

“Wait, it could be a trap.” Tiffany stuck out a hand holding the door back.

 

Sooyoung smirked. “I got this, babe.”

 

“Yah! Stop flirting with my girl,” Taeyeon hissed.

 

“You three, shut up!" Hyoyeon scold. "Soo, get the hell out there and do something."

 

Sooyoung nodded and left the room under Hyoyeon's command. She crept through the hallway and to the front door. She looked out the tiny hole and to her surprise everything was black. It struck her. She dove from the door as it exploded inwards, the sound of a shotgun ringing out in her ears.

 

“SOOYOUNG?!?!"

 

Shouting back would give her position away; she remained silent as she took her position beside the door. Two men entered the dorm, armed to the teeth with assault rifles strung to their backs and a shotgun in their hand. She acted with haste. Wrapping her arm around the first to enter in a headlock, she twisted and pulled up, the sound of bone dislocating from their place reverberated throughout the room. The second turned. Too slow. She decked him across the face with a vicious right hook, sending him spiraling down onto the wooden floor. She leaped on him, straddling his hip and pounded his face with strong left hooks and even harder right. Blood painted the floor, left and right as the man lost conscious.

 

Sooyoung stood only to fall back down in reflect as the sound of gunfire crescendo in the night. Windows and vases and wooden wall frames shook and exploded from the impact of the bullets. She crouched down and headed for the room they were in.

 

“Guys!” she shouted out over the rain of bullets. She was almost at the door when it exploded outwards. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon literally flying along with the debris of the doorframe and hitting the wall with force, collapsing onto the ground in a heap. They groaned, but remained grounded—slowly fading into unconsciousness.

 

Sooyoung sprang forward, reaching her two unnies in a second. They were alive, unconscious but breathing. She glanced inside the room, Tiffany was under a pile of rubble and fallen debris, glass shards littered the floor like sakura leaves. The wall to the room had given way and marching towards the house were armed men ready for blood.

 

Sooyoung groaned. Oh boy...

 

***

 

Thank you for reading and supporting this lil' story of ours. If you've liked it so far, a simple click here would make us really happy.