graduation

Married to Kai

-Few months later-

 

"Yaa! Wake up!"

*kaboom! * a medium size pillow hardly is thrown right at your face. However you ignore it and throw it at her back. Namjoo quickly move to the side to avoid from being hit by the pillow. "Come on, na Eun! Wake up!” Namjoo walk near you and open the curtain wide. She wants the light to hit your face and successfully her plan worked.

"5 more...minute..." you mumble then bury your face on the bed.

" Mom! She still won't awake!" namjoo gather all her voice and speak out loud to let your mom heard her.

"Na Eun! You better wake up now before I drag you down !" Your mom yells from below and still you won't budge from your bed.

"If you still won't open your eyes, I'm going to throw it  at you. AGAIN" namjoo take the pillow near her and get ready for another throw.

"1.. 2.." She held her hand up and before she finishes the countdown, lazily you sit on your bed with your hair cover half of your face. "Fine!"

Namjoo release a sigh of relief and slowly her hand went down. "Here." namjoo grab your phone on your study table and throw it at you. " You've got 20 miss calls from eunji eonni" then she leaves the room.

20 miss calls? Still questioning about the unusual morning call you take the phone and quickly check on the message.

You went through  the an important text and stop when Eunji name appear. Your eyes turn rounder and rounder when you read it.

As fast as a flash you quickly get up and head to the bathroom.

"omo! Today is the graduation day!" you grab the towel and prepare for school.

 

"Why you didn't remind me that today is my graduation day?!" you said  as you recklessly went down the stairs. Namjoo ignore about your lateness and continue munching her toast. "I told you to get up early don't I?" she stops and continue "yet you still won't awake."

"Well if someone did not throw the pillow on my face and ask me nicely maybe I won't be late as now!" you roll your eyes and quickly finish the breakfast. "So you are blaming me?" namjoo look at you and point herself.

"That's enough"

Before there will be wrestling occurring in the kitchen your mom step in and stop the argue. With glaring at namjoo you bring your unfinished food and throw it in the garbage.

You ran right after your mom's car stop in front of the school gate. You quickly went to the school hall and after taking a deep breath you enter. The people inside are busy listening to the principal speech until no one notices about your arrive. Secretly you went to your seat right next to Eunji and Yoo Kyung.

Your sudden appearance surprise both of them."I thought you cannot find way to school." she insinuates . "I completely forgot about today"you put your school bag to the side. "Oversleep?"Yoo Kyung tilts her head to the side and ask.

You nod.

You fix your hair as your name will be called not too long for now. You observe around and many familiar faces that you saw except for one. Your eyes caught on Minwoo and Bomi that sitting by next to each other on your left. Next to Minwoo there is an empty seat that you thought the person cannot make it today.

"Where's Kai?" Eunji ask when she notices that your eyes are busy looking for him. "I don't know." you answer without looking at her back. "I thought he's coming with you?" this time is Yoo Kyung turn.

"I guess he's busy."

The graduation runs smoothly as being planned. After it's done students are allowed to meet with their own family. You walk outside the school hall and from afar you can see your family except your dad are waiting for you. Namjoo is holding a bouquet of flower and your mom is preparing to take a picture of you.

You fasten up your step then gather with your family. Your mom warmly gives you a big hug and congratulate you on your graduation. "Where's dad?" you look everywhere hoping that he is actually hiding behind "he cannot make it, but don't worry he promise going to give you something later at home." your mom tries her best to cover up for your dad.

Dissapointedly you just give her a fake smile.

Namjoo that stay silent since you arrive finally start to talk. She takes a step forward and hand in the flower that she brought "congratulation."

You look hesitate to take it at first, because who know she put something in it. "It saves right?"

"Of course it is! "

"Thanks" you purposely swing the flower left to right only to annoy her. "Come on, namjoo gives your sister a hug." your mom push namjoo a bit to the front.

"But.." she stop and look around. "Not here, please."

"Aigoo, you never change don't you." ignoring her hesitance you quickly embrace her and purposely hug her tighter to make her suffocate. She tries to push you at first however she gives up in the end. She turns to hug you back. "Congratulation ok? I MEAN it" she smile.

You let her go and pinch her on the cheek "I know that you are not completely a devil." you pinch it even harder. Namjoo harshly push your hand away and were taken aback by the pain. "Awwwwwh." she rubs her cheek then give you a glare. "It's hurt!" you and mom just laugh looking at her acting like a little girl.

After the family time, your mom let you go to congratulate your other school friends. Some of them even cry because they could not accept the fact that the high school years already over. You don't sure about yourself, half of you feel excited to start a new phase of your life and the other half is afraid to face the new challenge. Nothing can be done right now except accept the fate and go with the flow.

"Na Eun!" a voice is surprisingly calling you from behind. You stop and quickly turn to see who. Its Bomi. She walks towards you with a smile. "Congrats." she said. " You too."

"Where's Minwoo?" you look around and its weird because Minwoo never left Bomi aside after they get back together.

"He's busy talking with his friend, you want to see him?"

" maybe later." you look down.

"Where's Kai?"

You blink hesitantly as the most unwanted question is being asked. You try to avoid her eyes because when Kai name is up, it would be hard to act like you don't care. The past still haunting you, and the regret that we're buried inside still stand strong like before.

You take a deep breath and repeat the same answer that you say at Eunji earlier.  "He's busy I guess."

" Well I guess he is, he's an idol now and that makes sense." she stops. She observes your face and there are changes that she detect. She knows about the truth that happening between you and Kai, but she doesn't know how to ask it without hurting you a bit.

"By the way, Minwoo  told me about your divorcement"

She asks  using  lower tone. You know she's  going to ask that but you can't help it from being sad when you heard it. You don't know how to answer her, so you decide to reply her with a fake smile.

"I hope you do the right thing." she comes closer and put her hand on your shoulder. She knows that her question is upsetting you so she try to calm you down.

Once your home you throw yourself on the bed because you are completely exhausted . Some of your friends went to celebrate outside, they also invite you to join them, but you don't have the mood to party right now. Beside, your dad leaves a notice saying that he prepared something for you once he back. That's why you need enough rest for now.

Actually you've been lying to yourself for the whole day. You haven't used all your energy actually. Its just a lame reason to deny your feeling that actually you are missing Kai. You miss him so much until you just want to put your pride away and go see him right now.

Its been few months already after the divorce. After his debut you cut all the contact with him. Despite that, you still care about him. It's just that you did not let it shown.He had done a ton of performance but you never see it once. You are not strong enough to watch him. Tears will automatically formed when you did that.

You bury your face on the pillow every time he hit your mind. Your phone just an inch from you yet it feels so hard even to dial his number.  It's a torture if this keeps continuing. So you decide to force yourself to sleep and hopefully once you awake you gain your confidence back.

However , a few minutes later, there's a knock on the door. You heard it but you pretend you don't. It probably namjoo just wants to annoy you like usual.

 "Go away!" you yell. You cannot stand the noise when the sound become louder and louder

The knock stop and  the person who did it  seem like already leave You get your peace back. With a smile you pull the blanket up and continue with the sleep. However it didn't last long. A sound of someone spun the door knob could be heard.

He comes in without being invited. You can feel someone is standing behind you and looking at you sharply. "Go away namjoo."

"Should you celebrate your graduation day with your friends than sleeping here doing nothing " unexpectedly its not a girl's voice,  that's mean it not her. Your eyes widely open and sudden goosebumps attack you when you know there's a guy in the same room as you.

You quickly get up and turn to see who  "Baro?"