birthday

Married to Kai

The day that you’ve been waiting for finally come. Today it is the exam day which would  determine Kai's life as an idol.

You and kai is walking next to each other along the street. Exam week is here so many students are busy with their book and stuff. The morning filled with quiet air which there are not many people especially student are talking. All their concentration is mostly on the notes or book that they hold.

After yesterday announcement. You get your peaceful life back. Even they are some hater that cannot accept the reality  but you decided to just let it be. The exam is more important right now.

Unlike them you already fully prepared last night. It all paid off after you study until 2 am. However your eyes don’t feel sleepy , it seems like you had been possessed by exam spirit until you are too energetic and did not require any rest.

But not with kai though. This is the first time he studies for an exam, so he feels really nervous as time pass by. His hand and his mind could not stop holding and memorizing all the important notes that you gave him yesterday.

You take a look at him and he hasn't said anything besides ‘good morning’ since you walk out. He is taking the exam  too seriously until sometime he did not realize that you were there.

Well you know that his celebrity life depends on these , but at least could he stop for a while and talk with you.

Nope. He keeps reading a small note that you gave him last night.

"What day is today?" you decided to break the ice and begin the conversation

"Monday." he put the notes down and look up the sky. "I guess." he continues reading it.

"I know it's Monday, don't you think that there is something special happening today?"

"Special?" he blinks cluelessly and look at you. His eyes widen seems like he found out and "exam?" he shrug

Your face change when he replies with an answer that way far from you thought it would be. You pout " idiot " You stomp your feet hardly to the ground and leave him behind .

"What?" he asks himself. "Wait up!" he starts running try to get you that already way to the front.

he still chasing you while you already on the bus.

How could he forget my birthday?! Ugh kai you moron !

The first subject today is English. Which you like the most among all the subject. You are so confident answering it because 'A' will definitely be yours. Like  the past exam, When the paper about to land on your desk you are always do a small jumping on your chair and happily takes the pen and answer it. But not today,

kai had ruined your exam mood.

You still angry at him because you could not believe that he is completely forgets about your birthday.

Angrily you take the pen and answer it like a mad person. You turn your head and look at him. He's so into the paper until he didn't notice you were staring at him all along. Other student looks at you weirdly because you're not like your usual self.

"What's wrong with her?" Yoo Kyung whispering to Eunji. She turns and looks at you " I don't know, birthday spirit maybe?" giggling she said.

"Yoo kyung ! eunji !" The teacher shouts both of their names when he saw them talking with each other. Quickly they turn and look in front. Their gulp and continue with the exam.

He observes the whole class, and the other student were all answering with their head down.

Except you.

You are still looking at kai with fire in your eyes. Biting your pencil until it ruin the eraser above. "Son na Eun! " He yells. Soon all eyes were on you. It's really rare for them to hear your name being called in the middle of exam. Especially when you are the top student in class.

"Y-yes sir?" stuttering you answer.

"What are you doing?"

You quickly corrected the way you seat turn the paper until its face you and act like already answering half of it. " Taking the exam, s-sir."

"Don't look back."

you nod and get back to the exam. he observe you for the last time before he went back to his seat

You let go a relieve sigh and continue answering the question, with  Kai's face keep popping in your mind

You sigh as you put the pen down.  The English exam finally over. After recess it would be math so you take out your math book and go through some of the points that you already highlight.

Yoo kyung and eunji that were standing beside you feel really worried when they saw you in a bad mood since last morning. They thought maybe you are too excited about today. But it turn out they are wrong. As a close friend they decided to light up your mood.

"Happy birthday ! " They said it out loud at the same time.

Their voice surprise you and quickly you lift your head up with forcing a smile. "Thanks you two."

"We'd prepare something for you, so don't forget the karaoke place today."

"Sure." your sour face appears again

"Look like something wrong with the birthday girl today."  notice that,  eunji pull a chair and seat beside you. "What's up?" she asks.

"Nothing." slowly your lips carve a force smile.

"aigoo~ let me guess kai forget that today is your birthday?" jokingly she said,she just playfully guess it and never expect that her guess it true. eunji start to laugh when she heard a ridiculous reason coming out from yoo kyung mouth. "Good one yoo kyung." still laughing she pointed at you. "Yeah, what kind of husband forget about his wife's birthday?" yoo kyung continue. "Poor his  wife,got an irreponsible husband like him~" eunji put her hand on your shoulder and continue laughing.

You turn and look at her sharply with no expression except the expression that you would kill them if they don't stop now.

Both of them were taken aback with your fiery eyes and finally stop. "Wait, so my guess it's true?" yoo kyung stop with her jokes and look at you with rounded eyes. After a sigh you depressedly look down and nodded. "What kind of guy is he?!" eunji quickly stand up on her two feet. "That guy needs a punch from me ! How can he even forget about his wife's birthday!  " With a serious face she walks but yoo kyung stop her before she could commit a murder.

"Wait, who know he had his own reason? Well we all know he busy with his debut and all. But at least he." yoo kyung bent down and look at your eyes. "He wishes you right?" she continues

Again, you sigh this time with shaking your head telling them it's a no.

"Alright that's it ! Let's go eunji ! " She link her hand to eunji and went to look for kai

you don't want to be label as a annoying girl because kai only don't know that today is your birthday. seeing eunji and yoo kyung with a boiling blood inside absolutely will turn this small matter into a big one.

"Will you both stop it!  "

Both of them quickly stop after they heard you shouting from behind. With nervous feeling they turn . "Ugh!" you walked pass them angrily and leave them standing there just like that. "Na eun wait! " You heard they were calling your name but you ignore it.

kai is walking in the hallway  with a book in his hand,  there are also other student like him. they are actually reading and study with their friend. there's no useless chit chatting like the other day.

after the English test , he quickly takes his math book and study it without wasting time. he stop when a petite figure is standing in front of him. "Oppa ! " Cheerfully she said. kai lifts his head up and look to see who.

"Namjoo?" he guesses.

"Yep , I am ! I never expect that you would remember my  name ! "

"Of course, you are Na Eun's sister right." he continues reading the book ignoring namjoo being happy by herself. "Oh." she stops smiling when she heard your name. She thought that kai remember her because of his own memory, dissapointedly its because of you.

"What  are you doing oppa? " She forgets the disappointed moment earlier and ask.

"Study?" kai show her the book. "I forgot, you've got an exam today. Good luck!"

"Thanks"

"So are you coming to our house today?" she asks keep making an effort to keep talking to kai.

"Your house? For what?"

"What do you mean for what, to celebrate na eun's birthday of course, mom cooks a-"

kai cut her before she could finish her sentence. He stops for a while and start  thinking. " Today is na eun's birthday?" he asks putting his book down.

"Oh my gosh ! You don't know?" she widens her eyes "She never told me." he rub his head even there's nothing in it. "Wait-" he stops for a while and remember about this morning. "So that's why she suddenly angry at me." he finally gets the answer to the reason why you suddenly get mad at him and why you stare at him when he walk out from the class

"Oppa, where are you going?"

kai closes his book "I've got to go. bye." and leave namjoo alone.

"Wait ! will you be coming tonight ?!" Namjoo ask but kai already way to the front and leave her question unanswered. Sighing she turn and continue walking to see you.

"na eun! " You startle her when you suddenly stand before her with a face like a mad person.

"What?!" you accidently shout.

"whoa~ someone not in the mood."

"Move." rudely you push her to the side but she holds your hand and you stop. "Wait! You would be coming home tonight right? Mom bake a cake for you." she continues. "I will." still with no smile you answer.

Namjoo observe your face and notice that you are currently angry at someone"let me guess, your husband forgets about your birthday today? Slowly she cracks into  laugh. You roll your eyes and answer her with that.

"Happy?" you ask.

"Yep." she replies without even reconsidering your feeling. "You brat." you about to hit her but successfully she avoid you.  She were too happy teasing you and glad that kai forget about your birthday.

Before she leave she said "happy birthday." With a winks and quickly walk away before you punch her on the face.

The dining  table is full with food tonight. Your mom really puts all her effort in cooking for your birthday today. There is also  seaweed soup in front of you. All your family  is in the house to celebrate your birthday. Everyone, except kai.

Kai's dad could not make it because he's not in Korea for now. But he doesn't forget about today. He sends you a big teddy bear from the state and some cash.

"Namjoo make some room for the cake." without defying namjoo do as she said. Carefully she put the cake in front of you and light up the candle.

Your dad slowly walks down from  the stairs and join the dinner. you quickly help your dad because he is not too well to walk up by himself.

"Happy birthday." he said. "Thanks dad." you smile. Soon all your family is sitting on the chair.

"Everyone here?" your dad ask clearing his throat. You quickly held your head down when you don't know what to answer him when he asks where's kai.

"kai could not make it dad." of course Namjoo would not shut , she answer him for you instead.

"Where's kai, na eun?" you gulp when you heard him. You turn silence for a moment and think what to say. Your dad cannot know that kai actually forget about your birthday, it totally would break his heart.

Namjoo notice about your hesitation and decided to answer for you again "he forgets about na eun's birth-" quickly you pull namjoo closer and close using your hand.

"He's busy ,dad, he told me to say sorry on behalf of him because he cannot join us tonight." you grin.

it takes a while for your dad to reply but thankfully he believe it "It's okay then."

Namjoo rudely move your hand off her. You give her a look and she replies with sticking her tongue out.

After celebrating with your family now it's time for your friend. You on your way to go to the karaoke place where you had promised eunji and yoo kyung.

Once your there you saw eunji and yoo kyung standing next to each other waving at you. They are also holding a box which you believe contain your birthday cake in it. Smiling you fasten up your step and join them.

Today they  had  promise to treat you like a queen. They told you to stay quiet while they would do all the work. You probably did know it but they secretly did that because they want you to forget about that jerk, kai.

Once you in the karaoke room, they put on a happy and loud song for you to sing it together. You did not have the energy to sing and have fun like you use to, because of that instead pulling you with a soft way they drag you by force.

You stand in front of the big screen and eunji gives you a mic. You hesitate to sing with them at first but finally you give in.

After half an hour singing, dancing and laughing happily like a crazy person, your leg cannot stand it and you quickly take a seat before you would actually fall down.

You take a look on your watch and it state that it only have 2 hours left before this day end.

Yet there is still no call or message from kai.

You had enough checking your phone a lot of times. When you about to turn it off suddenly it ring. without checking the caller id you quickly answer it hoping it would be kai.

"Hello!"

"na eun? Its me Minwoo"

Your smile gone

"Oh, hi."

"Happy birthday!"

"Thanks. "

"What's with the tone? Are you expecting someone else?"

"No ! Of course no. where are you?"

"I'm in the US. Sorry for my late wish."

"It's okay , at least you wish me..."

"I have a surprise for you."

"Really?  What?"

When Minwoo about to tell you , suddenly there's a knock on the door. The sound becomes louder when the person outside realize that no one heard him. yoo kyung and eunji are too loud.

This time you really wish its kai after your guess was wrong on the phone. The day is going to be over soon and it better be him before you would hate him forever.

"Surprise! "

"M-Minwoo."

Again its wrong. Minwoo is standing before you with widening his arms. And a bouquet of flower in his hand. You are too disappointed really disappointed. Again, it's not kai.

"I thought you in US?" you make a poker face and ask

"Well I am, but not today though, I purposely come here only to celebrate your birthday!" cheerfully he said

“So this is the surprise?"

“You don’t like it?"

“No. I love it, come in then” with a fake smile you take the flower from him and invite him inside.

On the other hand eunji and yoo kyung is busy lighting up all the candles on the cake. They also arrange the snack neatly aside.

“Hello.” Minwoo appearance surely makes the party merrier. They drag Minwoo to the table and told him to help them prepare for your birthday party.

“When did you arrive?"

“2 hours ago. I’m here especially for na eun.” His smile

“What a considerate guy you are.” Eunji patted Minwoo’s back. “It would be good if kai like you.” She mumbles the last part. “kai?" Minwoo accidentally heard her.

Yoo kyung notice that and she quickly calls you. “na eun, its blow the candle time!”

You put the flower aside and quickly join them. “Make a wish.”

You sit between eunji and Minwoo. Fake smile appears and you look at the cake in front of you. In your head your mind won’t stop thinking about kai. Soon, you were drawn into your own thought.

kai never remembers my birthday, he doesn't even make an effort to ask me. He is completely don't care about it. I thought he have feeling for me after all the things happen in the past, where he hug, smile and kiss me. I am are definitely wrong .To him I’m nothing.

Completely nothing.

 

 

 

---------

A/N : once again I want to say thank you for the comment and subscribing ^^ I really appreciate every one of it ! :)

I want to apologize for my English, I know it terribly , English is not my native language so I hope you will kindly forgive me :)

I would like to say that I want to finish this story before January come. but i don't think it would happen.. sobs/  i'm going to face a big exam next year and  i probably would  rarely on. oh well, finger crossed/