mother in law

Married to Kai

I was so shock when I saw my  own mother standing before me. As a son that never seen his birth mother over for 8 years should be happy and jumping with joy right now. But I'm not.

I did not even blink my eyes and  even my leg turn freeze. There's nothing more I want to do right now besides getting out from the room.

"Jongin, it's me." she's slowly walking towards me and I quickly step back.

"Stop." I held up my hand and try my best to keep my distance away from her.

"Did you not miss me?"

My heart stops when I heard the word "miss" how could I miss her while I don't think I still love her.

"What are you doing here?"  I ask after I gain my sense back.

"I'm here because of you." she gulps. I can see from her eyes that she's shocked when she got no response from me. She wants to ask me why but I know she hold it back. That's good. Because it's useless even she apologize right now.

"Me?"

With a pity smile, she's nod. "I found out that you are a trainee in here, so I quickly fill in the general manager position so I could meet you."

"Why you do that?"

"Why?" she fakes a  laugh. "Because of you, I miss you Jongin."

"Quit now."

My voice has become deeper and without realizing my hand start forming into a fist. I know it's kinda rude and it's inappropriate for a son to behave like that but I've got no choice. It's all her fault why my heart is full with hatred.

"But, I work hard to get this position, I'm willing to do anything, as long I could see you." she comes closer and as usual I take a step back.

My eyes start tearing out when I hear her word keep coming out from .

"If you willing to do anything, so why you left me in the first place and put me in hell for about 8 years !" Accidently I shout.

I could not hold myself from becoming furious, it seems like all my anger for 8 years gather and become one.

The situation changed, her smile gone and my tears that I hold back start rolling down on my cheek. The past keeps flashing back again and again. And the part that she push me rudely is the worst with no sense of love at all in her eyes.

"Jongin, I can explain.." this time she isn't taking a step, but she starts coming closer and closer until her hand could reach my  shoulder.

"Taemin told me that, the main reason that you want to be an idol so much is because you want to meet me. And your wish come true." she whispers.

"Let go of me!" I push her hand away and quickly let myself out from there. She looks really surprised as I suddenly turn rebellious.

She keeps shouting my name from behind but I ignore her. There's not even once I try to look back, I was so upset with only knowing that her presence is here.

I walk as fast as I could until I reach in front of the elevator. I push the button few times even though it's useless. I almost want to punch the button because it somewhat takes so long to open but someone hold me down from behind.

"What do you think you doing?"

I slowly turn and try to calm myself down. "Is something the matter?" he continues asking. He observes my whole face and his eyes caught on my wet eyes. Quickly I turn my face away and answer him with "nothing."

Your Pov

Today is the day that you can finally breath in fresh air without even worrying about exam anymore. There would be no paper, no burning the midnight oil and most importantly no books.

You , Yoo Kyung and Eunji have decided to eat outside after school today.

With linking arm next to each other three of you walk down the hills singing happily any random song that comes through in your mind.

"Eunji!" you purposely call her name out loud even she's just an inch from you.

"I know , I know , my treat" her roll her eyes and sigh.

You and Yoo Kyung is just giggling aside. Actually before the exam started , three of you make a bet, which is; whoever can guess the correct question are going to come out with the science paper win. And finally you and Yoo Kyung guess the same thing while Eunji not. So that's why she loses the bet.

"Hopefully they have mercy on me today" eunji mumble the last part. You quickly turn facing her when you heard something come out of . "Did you say something?"

Eunji turn nervous and quickly make a poker face. Denying  with saying "nope"

When you about continue your walks, a big luxury car suddenly stops right in front of you and block your way. It almost hit you but thankfully yoo kyung manage to pull you to the side.

You observe the whole car and you could see a shadow of a person in the back sit.

"Yaa! " Eunji bites her lips and stomp her feet, she cannot accept the fact that that car almost hit you but no one getting out to at least apologize.

You also mad with the current situation but somehow you got a bad feeling about it. You suddenly turn nervous as you keep waiting for the person in the to come out.

"Calm down will you." Yoo Kyung ran to Eunji and hold her back.

A few second pass and finally the car door open. You see a red hills touching the ground and slowly her face shown. She is wearing a dress and a hat that cover half of her face. Slowly her walk towards you are ignoring Eunji and Yoo Kyung along her way and gracefully open her hat and smile at you. It's not a friendly and warm smile but the opposite one.

"Omo, isn't she an actress?" Yoo Kyung could not stop pointing.

You gulp real hard when she looks at you sharp. You quickly break the eye connection and look away.

"Are you son Na Eun?" she asks

Stutterly you answer "y-yes"

"May I have a word with you?" she continues.

You blink and point to yourself. "Me?" she nod with a smile.

Hearing that eunji quickly walk towards you and link her arms in yours."I'm sorry, but we have plan." determinedly she said.

"Could you cancel that? Because it is really important."

Eunji look at you and notice you are not in your sense right now, so she keeps defending and won't stop until that woman give up.

"Look ma'am, you almost hit her and now you want to have a word with her without apologizing. Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Kai's mom."

You and kai's mom Which is your mother in law go to the nearest cafe to have a privacy moment. You went there with her car and once you there both of you pick the seat next to the big window and order a drink.

You could not help but keep pounding when facing your mother in law, for about 5 minutes none of you start the conversation, it seems like Kai's mom also nervous but she an actress of course you would not notice it. She's a pro when it comes to act on time like this.

The drink that you order finally came. Once it's on the table, Kai's mom quickly takes a sip and so do you.

 She gracefully put the drink down and look at you "I'll just cut to the chase."

You slowly held your your head up and look at her in the eyes.

"Is it true that both of you married?" she asks. You already expected that she is going to ask you that so  you just nod.

She makes a small laugh and take another sip. "So, did both of you have a happy marriage?" she continues.

This time, you take more time than before to answer that question. You did not know how to explain it in words. It's true that you have a happy marriage with him, but not from the start, as both of you hate each other too much. But after the confession you just realize that this marriage is the best thing that ever happen in your life.

"So its a no?"

"We love each other, so it I suppose it is a happy marriage."

"Love?"

Kai's mom looks outside the window and prepare herself for another question. "You know that Kai going to debut in about few days right?"

"Of course."

"Did you not curious why I left Kai 8 years ago." she turn and look sharp at you with no smile at all.

You bite your lips and look down. Of course you are, there's no way you're not. You want to ask her since you know that she is Kai's mom, but you did not have any guts to do that, you afraid that it will hurt her feelings.

"Let me just make it short, it's true, what you heard, its all true."

"You mean that you left Kai, because of your career?"

"Yes. I was a fool at that time, now I regret the whole thing. But Jongin won't listen to me" her tone change and look down on her feet.

You have a mingle feeling inside of you. You clench your fist and you also feel sad for her at the same time.

"And now, I don't want my son to face the same fate as me." she turns to her old self again and continue.

"What do you mean?"

"All this marriage thing  has to end."

You almost drop the glass that you hold when you heard her ridiculous word. You have a hard time breathing and your blood start to rise up.

"Divorce him." she continues.

You put down the glass and ask. "But why?'

"did you want to see my son suffer because he fail to achieve what he want, or you make his dream come true by divorcing him?"

Your heart starts beating wildly and tears start forming in your eyes.

you stuck.

She ignore your hesitation and continues by saying

"Choose."

 

A/N: sorry for the late,

blame the exam T_T huhu, btw,

thanks for reading! :D