New Student: Part 1

The Changkyu Series~

"Hey, who's that?" Yunho asked one day, at the lunch table in the school cafateria. The other four, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Changmin and Junsu looked at him with a questionable expression.

"Who's who?" Junsu asked back, looking around to see if he could spot somebody who he hadn't see before. As did the rest, except for Changmin of course. It seemed that he had no interest, or perhaps, he was trying to pretend as if didn't.

"That guy." Yunho spoke, pointing to the table just passed the one they were by. There, alone, but looking somewhat indifferent, was a boy. He was pale, almost sickly, which was somewhat of a worry to them. But then again, his eyes, which resembled those of a puppy's, said something else. He was completely fine being alone.

"That's Cho Kyuhyun, transferred here just today." Jaejoong replied, remembering someone telling him that was a new student who had come.

"He looks really pretty." Yoochun then spoke, being truthful in some sense, but honestly only saying it to provoke some sort of reaction from Junsu. But instead, Changmin had immediately caught onto those words and gave a glance towards the boy, just before turning back with a somewhat bitter expression as he continued to eat his lunch.

"Doesn't look like much to me." Changmin muttered, Jaejoong only giving the boy an annoyed look.

The elder sighed, "Changmin, you wouldn't know an attractive person  if it hit you in the head." 

"Well, I think that hitting myself in the head is a stupid idea." Changmin retorted with his usual smirk, the other four gave a sigh before turning their attention back to Kyuhyun.

"He's all alone, should we invite him to sit with us?" Junsu asked, feeling bad for him. Yoochun nodded, he disliked the feeling of being alone. They all did. But it seemed that Changmin was still against letting Kyuhyun sit with them. 

Changmin gave a somewhat cold stare, then continuing his meal. "New students have to find their own groups."

Jaejoong gave another annoyed look, disliking Changmin's attitude which had seemed to come out of nowhere. Usually, Changmin would have been more friendly, what was wrong with him? Jaejoong asked, "What's with you? You're normally fine when other people sit with us, even the ones you haven't met before."

"I don't mind them. He, on the other hand, looks like a different issue." Changmin said simply, causing the other to raise a brow.

"How so?" Yunho questioned, feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

The younger simply shook his head. "You don't want to know."

"I'm going to invite him over, he seems lonely." Jaejoong finally stated, standing up and leaving without another word. Changmin gave an annoyed gaze, irritated above all things, but not really angry. The other three knew, something was up.

Yunho gave a playful, teasing stare. "I think he's a looker, what do you think Changmin? Possible future between you two?"

"As if I would ever." Changmin spoke, scoffing at the mere suggestion, quickly glaring at the person in front of him who had become the 'father' out of all his friends. But still, something about Changmin seemed so odd at that moment.

"Not your type?" Yoochun then questioned, Changmin had an urge to kick him under the table.

"No comment, just eat your lunch."

With that, the others widened their eyes. What on Earth...? Junsu, who was sitting beside the younger, gave a quick grin, "Oh, I think we hit a nerve."

Changmin scowled, staring at the person beside him, "Shut up, damn-"

"Changmin." His name was suddenly called, who? When the person spoke, Changmin instantly froze. All his muscles tensed up completely, like a jolt of electricity, just before loosening again.  It was that voice, the one which he had longed to hear, but the exact same one he hoped would never call him. At least, not in front of his friends. Changmin sighed, he disliked how seemingly obedient he was towards its owner. Cho Kyuhyun.

He turned his head, giving a somewhat cold and annoyed look, not that it intimidated Kyuhyun in any way. Jaejoong, who had quickly managed to convince the younger to sit with them, gave a surprised look. The displeasure was so clear, and Changmin didn't even try to hide it. Also, Kyuhyun knew his name, and they hadn't even been introduced yet. Kyuhyun didn't move a muscle, not batting an eyelash. Changmin gave a light hiss, "What do you want?"

"A seat. Move over." Kyuhyun replied, completely unfazed, acting as if he were oblivious to the distaste radiating off Changmin. Informal language, it was the first thing noticed. The younger tried to hold the gaze, but when looking into Kyuhyun's eyes, seeing how gentle they looked towards him, he realised he couldn't. Changmin looked down at his food, sighing, then shifting himself across, a bemused expression on the other's faces.

"Troublesome," Changmin commented, using the same type of casual speech he would normally use with his friends. Kyuhyun stayed quiet and quickly placed his tray of food down, taking a seat besides the younger. Changmin took a quick glance at Kyuhyun, a smile on the elder's lips, which was clearly contagious. Once looking at it, Changmin could feel the corners of his lips twitching upwards, "As always."

After saying those words, Changmin immediately regretted it. Unconsciously, he had spoken those words with such fondness, such adoration, like he normally did, and that was a bad thing. He didn't want to break that cynical and somewhat cold persona he had created for himself in front of his friends.

There was a momentary silence.

"You two... know each other from somewhere?" Yoochun questioned, causing Kyuhyun and Changmin to glance at each other and quickly looking away. 

"...We're... familiar." Changmin managed to say, rather unsure. He could feel Kyuhyun's fingertips on his thigh, in a somewhat questionable way before retreating. If the two were alone, Changmin would have been holding tightly onto his hand.

"We've known each other for a while." Kyuhyun said simply, causing Changmin to panic a little, but then realising that the elder was just messing with him. Kyuhyun had a thing for it, toying with his mind. But Changmin didn't do anything, he'd get back at Kyuhyun later.

"How?" Jaejoong asked, eyes beaming with curiosity.

Kyuhyun looked downwards towards his food, only shrugging. He slowly understood what was going on, and honestly didn't mind that much. It was amusing in the long run.

Kyuhyun muttered, "I don't know."

From that, there was a sort of silence once again, the table seeming tense. Changmin sighed at the whole situation, "Lived in the same neighbourhood, alright? Let's leave it at that."

"Something seems fishy." Junsu commented on Changmin's left, the younger simply pretending to act as if he weren't annoyed.

"Probably Donghae.' Changmin retorted. Junsu scowled.

'No, I meant between you two." Junsu stated strongly, eyeing the two who were not looking very suspicious at all. But of course, that seemed more suspicious to be honest. The moment someone acts so normal, or blends in so well, they become noticeable. "Why are you two sitting so closely?"

"Well, it's not a very large bench." Changmin pointed on simply, munching on the bit of bread from his tray. But of course it was true, their bodies were closer, their knees grazing under the table, in comparison to Junsu on his left, whose legs did not touch his at all. 

The two youngest glanced at each other before looking away.

"Why do you two keep trying not to look at each other?" Yunho then asked, noticing how often a quick eye-contact was made. A little smirk appearing on Kyuhyun's lips.

"He's ugly." Kyuhyun stated with a lightly teasing tone, Changmin honestly not feeling that annoyed. He had an urge to flick the elder's forehead, or perhaps tightly wrap an arm around his waist, but didn't.

Instead, Changmin just acted as if he were irritated by the comment and scoffed, "Brat." 

Bad move.

With that word, Changmin felt 4 pairs of eyes staring at him, as if something was wrong. And of course there was, they had easily and quickly noticed. Jaejoong breathed, "Why won't you hit him?"

"Are you trying to suggest I'm violent?" Changmin asked back, somewhat challenging and almost confused by the words, shortly after he had realised why they saw it was weird. With an insult, Changmin had grown a tendency to physically attack his friends. Not harshly, of course, none of them had gone to the hospital yet.

Kyuhyun turned his head, staring at the younger until his attention had been caught. Kyuhyun stated, "You are."

Changmin dropped his food onto the tray, before turning his head and giving the elder a confused look. Out of all people, Changmin had never hit Kyuhyun. Not once. The younger stared at Kyuhyun, whose eyes seemed to be so certain that it made Changmin feel odd on the inside. He asked, "How so?"

"You're rough." Kyuhyun replied, blunt as ever. And hearing that, Changmin only rolled his eyes, scoffing at the words but not being able to stop the tiny smirk appearing on his lips.

"That's different, now shut up." Changmin retorted, receiving a glare from Kyuhyun before feeling it fade.

"I'll let that slide."

Changmin turned back to his hyungs, who were staying with some sort of shock. Changmin pretended not to notice. "Anyway, again, are you trying to suggest I'm violent?"

"...Well, you do have a tendency to hit us during certain situations. For example, if I called you ugly, you would've attacked me." Jaejoong muttered, rather automatic as he was trying to allow the situation to be processed in his mind.

Changmin only nodded, "True that."

"Well aren't you aggressive?" Kyuhyun asked then, suddenly and unconsciously releasing his usual, playful and teasing tone. It was one Changmin often heard, so it felt rather natural to be honest.

As if you'd know." Changmin accused, causing Kyuhyun to glare at the younger.

"What are you talking about? Of course I do." Kyuhyun retorted, clearly annoyed. Changmin stopped, thinking for a moment, then realising it was true. Kyuhyun would know best, of course he did.

"...When was the last time you two saw each other?" Yunho questioned, bewildered beyond belief. Kyuhyun turned and stared at Changmin, who gave the exact same look.

"Sometime this week." Kyuhyun stated, causing Changmin's eyes to widen as he held in the urge to cover the elder's mouth.

"It's Monday." Jaejoong replied.

Kyuhyun smirked, "Exactly."

"You guys saw each other today in the morning?" Junsu questioned with shock.

Changmin stopped eating, staring at Kyuhyun who only gave a tired yawn as he stood up from the seat. Changmin couldn't help but glare, not that Kyuhyun bothered to notice as he gave a smile, "I think I'm full. Thanks for letting me eat with you guys."

"You're seriously leaving me here to deal with this by myself? How nice you are." Changmin commented, to which Kyuhyun just patted him on the shoulder.

"Only for you." Kyuhyun replied, picking up his tray and leaving the table. He was off.

Changmin watched Kyuhyun leave from the corner of his eye, before looking back at his other friends, four of them, who were staring at him with the most confused, shocked, and clearly suspicious looks ever.

They weren't going to let it go.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm back, and am moving all the tales I wrote on my other account onto here. I made an account called Dangoya (so please don't accuse me of plagiarism ><) after I deactivated this one because I was having some personal issues, but it's fine now. I really missed you guys~ ^^