High School

The Changkyu Series~

It was just an ordinary day in high school. The sky was blue, the birds were singing and the two smartest students in the entire school, Cho Kyuhyun and Shim Changmin, were arguing once again.

"What's wrong with you!?" Changmin shouted angrily in the classroom. He was held back after class, along with the person he hated the most, Kyuhyun. The elder rolled his eyes before glaring back at Changmin.

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you?! You're the one who got us into this mess!" Kyuhyun quickly retorted back, the younger gave a hiss.

"What?! I did nothing! It was because of you and your idiotic-" Of course, Changmin was cut off. A pair of hands slammed the front desk to make a loud bang, both maknaes of the class turned to their teacher, Park Jungsoo. Though, most people knew him as Leeteuk.

"ENOUGH!!" Leeteuk screeched loudly, voice echoing down the halls of the school. Both boys were about to graduate in only a couple months’ time, and Leeteuk knew that if he didn't solve this problem of 'hate' going on. The two maknaes were going to definitely cause some trouble. Honestly, Leeteuk was sick of this.

"..." Changmin and Kyuhyun fell silent and turned to the teacher, standing right in front of the teacher's desk. Leeteuk sighed. He rubbed his head while closing his eyes, trying to figure out what would be the best course of action.

"Until you two manage to work out your differences, you shall have detention with me for the entire week. Understand?" Leeteuk finally spoke, the maknaes' eyes widened. Most teachers wouldn't have done such a thing, simply because Kyuhyun and Changmin were smart and they didn't want to interfere. Only Leeteuk was insane enough to actually try to make those two get along.

Kyuhyun and Changmin glanced at each other, giving a slight glare before turning back to their teacher, "But sir-"

Leeteuk gave an angel like smile, "Okay. Let's make that 2 weeks."

"Sir!" The boys exclaimed even louder, not wanting to have detention together. Honestly, Changmin and Kyuhyun weren't sure why they weren't able to get along. It was simply because, when meeting, they seemed to clash.

"Okay then, it's official. A month. Are we clear or do you want me to go on?" Leeteuk asked as he continued to smile.

Changmin and Kyuhyun gave a nervous look, but still pressed on, "...But-"

"That's it." Leeteuk quickly said, sick of what was going on. He stopped smiling, giving a sinister look. Leeteuk opened his draw, grabbing something while standing and walking towards the maknaes. Suddenly, the teacher grabbed both the boy's wrists. Changmin and Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"What the hell are you doing?!" They shouted in union, staring in horror as something clicked on both their wrists. Soon after it was there, both maknaes realised what it was. A pair of handcuffs. While paralysed with shock, Leeteuk took the opportunity to drag both boys and push them into the closet, otherwise known as the 'storage room' which was located beside the whiteboard. It was a fairly tiny room, only a small area to stand and many shelves holding various items or boxes on the walls. They stared with surprise.

Leeteuk slammed the door shut, locking it with his key and giving another angelic smile, "I'm locking you in the closet until you work out your differences. And if you don't speak to each other, the handcuffs will definitely bring up some sort of discussion. You can tell me when you're done. Wait, no. I actually have a meeting in the staffroom right now. See you guys in what, two hours?"

"Sir!" Kyuhyun and Changmin exclaimed, trying to pull the door back open once inside. After a couple minute of desperate attempts and no reply, the two maknaes groaned and slumped to the floor.

"...He really did leave us..." Changmin commented in a somewhat awkward manner, Kyuhyun gave a simple nod.

"Yeah, two hours..." Kyuhyun replied, the two maknaes attempting to stay as far away from each other as possible, which is rather difficult due to the space and the handcuffs. Honestly, there wasn't even enough room for the maknaes to fully stretch their legs.

Changmin groaned, ruffling his own hair with his free hand, "...This is so annoying, this is all because you- What the hell are you doing now? Stop pulling my arm."

"I'm looking for my phone, I can't stand the dark." Kyuhyun replied, looking through his pocket and finally finding his phone. Once it was in his hand, Kyuhyun pulled it out and turned it on, the phone becoming the only light source as there was nothing shining through the door. Changmin gave a fairly amused look.

"Aww, Mr. First In The Whole School scared of the darkness?" Changmin mocked, Kyuhyun gave a light growl.

"Shut up! I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared that you're going to do something to me. At least now, I can see you." Kyuhyun replied with dignity, Changmin scoffed at those words.

"I'm handcuffed to you for God's sake. Whatever, but I'm good-looking, aren't I?" Changmin asked smugly, Kyuhyun simply rolled his eyes.

Kyuhyun gave a slight smirk before speaking, "Oh, has someone become delusional or is it just me?"

Changmin smirked back, "It's just you."

"Yep, you're delusional. Damn, why's it so cold in here?" Kyuhyun quickly changed the topic. The maknaes decided not to move their handcuffed wrists simply to avoid touching each other. It was a silent agreement which had been made, though, they hadn't actually spoken on the subject.

Changmin gave a 'matter-of-fact' tone of voice when speaking, "Well, this is a closet. And from what I know, most of them don't have an installed heating system. Or any heating system for that matter."

Kyuhyun groaned, "I know. But since we have nothing to talk about, I'm merely asking a question to bring up conversation."

"Don't bother, I really can't stand you." Changmin replied to those words, Kyuhyun gave a glare back to the younger.

"I can't stand you either. But look where we are, in a closet handcuffed to each other. Might as well make use of the time." Kyuhyun stated in a somewhat cold yet optimistic way, Changmin gave a slight shrug.

"And yet..." Changmin stared silently, now staring at the elder. He trailed off and wasn't actually sure of what he was going to say. The light of the phone simply highlighted Kyuhyun's sharp features, and only then did Changmin actually realise that Kyuhyun was honestly, quite pretty. He had called Kyuhyun 'ugly' and 'hideous' multiple times, but at the back of his head, Changmin knew it wasn't true. He wondered why he didn't notice before. The younger shook his head.

"What is it?" Kyuhyun asked, giving a confused look. Changmin shook his head once more.

"Nothing, I just saw something really weird, and realised it was you." Changmin told the other with a smirk, Kyuhyun gave a sharp glare and another hiss before sighing.

"Shut up. I... I'm beginning to feel a little claustrophobic." Kyuhyun muttered silently, bringing his knees up to his chest, and then laying his head on his knees. Changmin wasn't sure why he felt the urge to comfort the elder, but he did.

Changmin watched the elder, giving a somewhat encouraging tone of voice, "...Don't worry about it, that damn teacher will be back eventually. Remember, he said that he has a meeting. And even if he doesn't come back, someone will find us eventually."

Kyuhyun turned, the two making eye-contact for a split second before turning back and giving an amused look, "What's this? Shim Changmin actually being nice? And to me of all people?"

"Hey, it happens every once and a while." Changmin replied, the side of his lip rising just slightly.

Kyuhyun spoke softly, "Well, you picked a good moment."

Changmin turned back to the elder, giving a somewhat curious expression. He wasn't sure what Kyuhyun was speaking about, "What do you mean by that? I'm just-"

"Thanks." Kyuhyun whispered quietly, giving a slight smile, a genuine look in the elder's eyes. Changmin stared in surprise, eyes widened. The younger's breath hitched, lips soon showing a smile.

"...Sure, whatever." Changmin replied, Kyuhyun turned to him and gave a gentle smile. Changmin didn't know why he tensed up.

"While we're in here, I guess we might as well get to know each other." Kyuhyun stated simply, turning his body to face Changmin while still being seated on the floor, Changmin felt his wrist being pulled slightly by the handcuff.

"Huh?" Changmin simply gave a questioning look. Kyuhyun gave him a lively, innocent type of look, and Changmin never received it before.

"I'll introduce myself, since I never actually have. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, son of my father who owns 2 or 3 buildings. An elder sister who plays the violin, my mum runs an art academy. I like to sing, and I also like to game." Kyuhyun introduced himself, since he had never actually done it. Changmin gave a interested expression, biting his tongue to stop a sharp comment coming out when he saw how brightly Kyuhyun's eyes were shining.

Changmin coughed slightly before starting, "I'm Shim Changmin, and both of my parents are teachers. I have two little sisters, Miyoung and Yoona. I like to game as well, not to mention sing."

Kyuhyun grinned childishly at the elder, acting as if the two were now close friends. Changmin wasn't sure how Kyuhyun was able to smile at him so gently, despite the fact that Changmin had cursed at Kyuhyun so often. Kyuhyun simply continued on, "Wow, something in common already. What game?"

"...Starcraft." Changmin spoke hesitantly, a little concerned about the reaction he was to receive from the elder. He watched closely, seeing a smile appear on Kyuhyun's lips once again.

"Me too." Kyuhyun stated simply, Changmin smiled with those words.

"Really?" Changmin asked.

"Yeah, I've really liked the game. I've played it for a while..." Kyuhyun continued, trailing off onto other points about the game. Changmin didn't realise why, but suddenly, he wasn't able to hear Kyuhyun's words anymore. The longer he stared at the elder, the more entranced he felt, Kyuhyun's beauty becoming more and more obvious.

"..." Changmin fell silent, not bothering to say anything. Kyuhyun stared, giving a slight scowl.

"Changmin, are you listening? Are you?" Kyuhyun asked softly, wondering why Changmin was giving such a blank expression. The younger quickly snapped out of his trance, shaking his head.

"Not really, sorry." Changmin replied, Kyuhyun gave a slightly disapproving look before sighing.

"Ah, my legs are getting numb. Like pins and needles." Kyuhyun complained, Changmin smiled at the elder. He had never seen this side of Kyuhyun. The side which was completely random, friendly, bubbly, and, Changmin dared to say it, cute.

Changmin shrugged at Kyuhyun, not sure of how to reply, "Stand up then, it becomes numb when the blood flow in your legs stop. I think."

Kyuhyun turned, giving a curious look, "Really?"

"...I thought you studied this kind of stuff." Changmin replied, Kyuhyun shook his head at the younger.

"No I don't." Kyuhyun spoke, Changmin gave a twisted expression.

"We're in the same class for God's sake." Changmin finally stated with annoyance. Kyuhyun stared back at Changmin, eyes trailing up to the dimly lit ceiling. It seemed like the elder didn't really remember.

"...Oh right. I forgot about that, you're there." Kyuhyun commented simply, Changmin sighed at the obliviousness.

Changmin wasn't sure how he never noticed what Kyuhyun's personality was really like, "Whatever, just stand up to get rid of that 'feeling'."

Kyuhyun nodded, sitting up to a squat. Honestly, the handcuffs didn't become that big of a problem anymore. Changmin didn't really care, honestly, there was no helping it anyway. Kyuhyun stared, "Alright. Are you going to stand up as well?"

"I don't need to." Changmin responded, Kyuhyun gave a light pout.

"Well, you should. If I'm standing while you're sitting, it just feels weird. We're handcuffed, remember? And you know what? It also feels like you're inferior to me." Kyuhyun then spoke, poking fun at the fact that he was ranked higher than Changmin, the younger quickly stared back.

"I am not inferior to you of all people." Changmin stated. Kyuhyun stood to his feet, pulling his cuffed wrist up to make Changmin listen to him.

"Then stand up." Kyuhyun said with a slight smirk, Changmin groaned as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but I still don't understand the point of this." Changmin commented bluntly, Kyuhyun gave a sweet yet mocking smile.

"We might as well do something while we're in here." Kyuhyun replied, Changmin stared before giving a slight smile. Honestly, Changmin had never been so close to Kyuhyun physically, and only then did he realise the difference in height.

"I guess." Changmin mumbled. Suddenly, Kyuhyun took a step back and slipped on one of the metal tubes which were used for who knows what. Kyuhyun was sent back and knocked the shelves which sent a vibrations up the ridges and knocked a pile of boxes, heavy boxes filled with all sorts of things, from the top shelf down onto the maknaes.

"Ah!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, falling to the floor with a pile of boxes over him.

"Oww..." Changmin groaned in reply, back now on the cold surface of the floor, only his upper torso not covered. Kyuhyun's phone was kicked to the side before the boxes began tumbling over, the light from it now on their left.

"I can't move." Kyuhyun spoke, Changmin sighed before giving an angry glare.

"Look what you did! Seriously! Now, we can't even move in this already very confined place! Handcuffed to each other!" Changmin complained angrily, Kyuhyun quickly looked down.

"...S-Sorry..." Kyuhyun muttered, Changmin realising that Kyuhyun's cheeks had a light pink tint to them.

Changmin gave a curious look, not noticing the obvious, "What is it? Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun stared at Changmin, quickly looking down with a flustered expression. Kyuhyun bit his lip, "T-This position... is so..."

"..." Changmin's eyes widened when he realised the situation. With Changmin falling to the floor as both Kyuhyun and the boxes knocked him down, the handcuffs caused Kyuhyun to descend along with him. Now, Kyuhyun was literally on top of him, along with a pile of heavy boxes. And as Changmin's right hand was holding onto the lowest shelf which was only a couple centimetres away from above Changmin's head, Kyuhyun's left hand was in the same place. Oh joy.

Kyuhyun sighed, not sure of what to do. He looked at the younger, "C-Could you straighten you leg?"

Changmin's leg was bent up slightly, and honestly, it wasn't doing Kyuhyun any harm. It was just... it was simply awkward, and it caused them to become more intimate than what was appropriate. Changmin gulped, "...I can't, it's jammed under the box. I really can't move either."

There was a silence, and the two maknaes weren't sure what to do about it. Kyuhyun stared to the side, unaware of what to do. Changmin on the other hand was simply staring at Kyuhyun, observing the elder's every detail. Changmin hadn't realised that Kyuhyun's skin was so fair, or that his body was so thin, or that-

"...It's tiring like this." Kyuhyun muttered, Changmin wasn't sure what the elder meant before really observing the situation. Kyuhyun was basically crouching over Changmin, trying to stay up while heavy boxes were on his back. Changmin saw how tensed the other's body was, and knew without thinking too much, Kyuhyun's upper body didn't have that much strength.

"Well... Relax then." Changmin muttered, Kyuhyun stared down at the younger.

"Hm? What did you say" Kyuhyun asked in a soft tone of voice, body wavering, as was his voice.

"Just lie on me, you can't stay like that for long anyway. But you better not tell anyone about this." Changmin spoke, Kyuhyun giving a somewhat surprised, then relieved look.

"As if I would." Kyuhyun muttered, his muscles quickly untensing as he slowly, hesitantly lowered his body onto Changmin's. Kyuhyun let out a slight sigh, relaxing on top of Changmin's. The younger felt vaguely amused of how light Kyuhyun's body felt, and how soft Kyuhyun's skin was. The elder's head was in the nook of Changmin's neck, breath going down the younger's back.

Changmin felt weird on the inside, and he wasn't sure why. The younger went silent, "...Are you asleep?"

"Not yet." Kyuhyun replied, a somewhat fading sound leaving his lips. Changmin became curious.

"What do you mean, 'not yet'?" Changmin questioned the elder, Kyuhyun simply gave a nonchalant hum which only caused Changmin's curiosity to grow even more.

"...Like this, it's just so strangely comfortable." Kyuhyun spoke bluntly, causing Changmin to feel slight amused. Well, lying on top of a person usually did feel nice, not that Changmin had any personal experience on the matter of course. Kyuhyun was a little annoyed at the hard metal around his wrist, but soon he couldn't have cared less.

"I bet it is." Changmin replied, a light laugh escaped Kyuhyun's lips.

"Thanks." Kyuhyun spoke once more, the boxes on top of his back causing his body to feel heavy. Changmin gave a slight shrug, trying to ignore the odd feeling he had.

Changmin laid like that for a second seconds more before speaking, "...Okay, I admit, this does feel kind of comfortable."

Kyuhyun laughed once again, giving a slight sigh as he sank back onto Changmin's body. As the elder went through all his thoughts, he remembered something. Kyuhyun whispered silently, "Isn't this what 'couples' do? I see it going on around a lot."

"...Have you ever done this with your boyfriend? Or girlfriend?" Changmin asked, feeling somewhat hesitant. He didn't know why, but when Kyuhyun brought up the subject of couples, Changmin couldn't have helped but tense up once again.

Kyuhyun shrugged, "I've never dated."

When Changmin heard those words, he didn't know why he felt happy all of a sudden. It was also, at the same time though, very shocking. Changmin sighed, "Why not? You're so popular and everything."

"I just... I don't have enough faith in love." Kyuhyun stated simply, causing Changmin to give a twisted expression. It seemed like the room was becoming darker and darker, but Changmin really couldn't have cared less.

"Why not?" Changmin questioned, Kyuhyun gave a light hum.

"I might get hurt." Kyuhyun replied, causing Changmin to have a disapproving feel

"So what? You get hurt, you stand back up and live your life. There are many people on this Earth, pick one." Changmin retorted, hearing Kyuhyun give a somewhat humourless laugh.

"I'm just scared of getting hurt." Kyuhyun replied, Kyuhyun lifting his head and staring into Changmin's eyes. The other simply went insane.

"Shut up." Changmin ordered, free hand being raised, fingers weaving into Kyuhyun's locks of hair and pressing his lips onto the other's. Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"..." The elder was silent, in shock of the situation. Changmin on the other hand was taking full advantage of it. Changmin hummed lightly, causing Kyuhyun to feel the numbingly pleasurable vibrations. The younger then pulled away, afraid to become too carried away. He stared at Kyuhyun who had turned beet red, a smirk appearing on Changmin's lips.

"I'd like to say, rather than hurting, it felt quite good." Changmin spoke in a smug tone of voice.

"..." Kyuhyun simply stayed silent, unsure of what to do. Without thinking too much, he hid his face in Changmin's chest. The younger laughed.

"I ended up liking you more than I originally planned, we can't just leave it like this." Changmin whispered softly, Kyuhyun froze.

"...Are you asking me out?" Kyuhyun asked the other quietly. Changmin simply gave a nod, even though he was fairly away that the elder wasn't actually watching.

"I'm also asking you to be my boyfriend." Changmin stated, Kyuhyun gripped the younger's shirt with his free hand.

"You better, jerk, stealing my first kiss like that." Kyuhyun whispered silently, causing Changmin's eyes to widen. He had just taken his arch enemy's, now turned lover, first kiss.

"...How much time has passed?" Changmin asked simply, Kyuhyun checked his phone.

"45 minutes. Another 75 to go..." Kyuhyun muttered, groaning when he realised the time. Changmin shrugged, holding Kyuhyun tightly around the waist with his free hand.

"I don't mind it as much as I did 45 minutes ago." Changmin commented, Kyuhyun laughed quietly.

"Me neither."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, the couple then spent those 75 minutes happily in each other's presence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, the oneshot, High School.... Did you enjoy it?~ ^^