Running Away

The Changkyu Series~

Kyuhyun gave a slightly pained smile as he listened to more of those words. Those stupid, stupid words. He could clearly hear the words that his hyungs spoke. Words about him, his boyfriend who was DBSK's Changmin, and everything else.

They should stop playing around with each other.

They don't know what love is yet, they don't love each other.

I care for them both, but this isn't right.

This relationship won't work, we should get them to stop as soon as possible.


"Changminnie... it hurts, it hurts so much. I don't like it..." Kyuhyun whimpered into the phone pressed against his cheek. His normally smooth and proud voice as shaking, cracking even. His voice hitched from time to time, Changmin could basically imagine his boyfriend being frightened and scared.

"...Why don't we run away then?" Changmin asked hesitantly, wanting nothing more than to stop the tears streaming down Kyuhyun's face. But he couldn't, the DBSK maknae was currently in his room, gulping slightly. He talked as quietly as possible, not wanting his other hyungs to find out.

"Eh??" Kyuhyun reacted, his eyes widened such a thought. Changmin knew, such a choice was completely irrational, but in this circumstance, it seemed like the only option.

"Kyuhyun, there's no other way for us. Your hyungs don't understand us, and neither do mine. They don't want us to be together... they want to break us apart.” Changmin hated the thought of his hyungs trying to take Kyuhyun away from him. Just the idea caused a shiver to go up his spine.

"But what about Super Junior? DBSK? Our fans?" Kyuhyun questioned rhetorically. The whole world was viewing the two maknaes, they couldn't just do as they pleased. Changmin let out a slightly bitter and silent laugh. Kyuhyun was always one to think of others and put them first.

"...Kyuhyunnie, sometimes we have to make a couple sacrifices to be truly happy with our lives." Changmin told Kyuhyun in hushed tone, hearing footsteps pass the door.

“I know, but we both have lives to live. Maybe... we need to sacrifice love instead. Our love. Sometimes it's better to let go.” Kyuhyun choked out, the sound of tears clear for Changmin.

“But Kyuhyun-” Changmin wanted to oppose, but was quickly cut off.

“Changmin, how else can we be free? My hyungs care for you and me, but they don't care for us.” Kyuhyun spoke, emphasising the word 'us'.

“...” Changmin stayed quiet.

“I know that you could be happier, you cried yesterday because of this. Right? I don't want you to cry anymore... I want you to be free. And happy. Being with me keeps bringing you sadness.” Kyuhyun felt himself tear up, his breathing becoming uneven.

“You're wrong, being with me brings me happiness. It's our hyungs that keep making me sad.” Changmin retorted. Kyuhyun's voice hitched.

“Yes, but they're there because of me. I guess, I should let you go... ne?” Kyuhyun didn't want to think like this, but it seemed to be the only option left for the two maknaes.

“What are you talking about Kyuhyun? Don't say such things.” Changmin felt a shiver go up his spine.

“... I'm so scared, Minnie, I don't know what to do...” Kyuhyun muttered.

“We don't know a lot, and that's why we need each other.” Changmin said, those words caused Kyuhyun to smile.

“Our hyungs think we're playing around... Changmin, they love the both of us, but they think our love isn't as real as theirs. What else could we do to prove it to them? I know that they're going to tear us apart.” Kyuhyun whispered into the phone placed against his wet cheek.

“...Please. Come with me. Away from here. Away from them.” Changmin pleaded with Kyuhyun, he wanted to be able to love Kyuhyun.

“... But-” Kyuhyun was cut off.

“We won't be gone forever. Just a couple years. Just for that short period of time, a time where we can be happy. Together. After that, we'll come back. Then we can continue with our lives just like now.” Changmin told the other.

“... Will we even be accepted if we come back?” Kyuhyun asked, beginning to follow on with Changmin's plan.

“If they don't accept us by then, it just proves that they're no longer our family. And I'm sure, at least some of our fans will be happy to see us return.” Changmin spoke, his voice hesitant yet certain.

“...” Kyuhyun stayed silent and listened.

“Don't you trust me?” Changmin questioned, already knowing the answer.

“... There's not a day where I didn't trust you.” Kyuhyun said, those words caused Changmin to smile.

“Then come with me. And one day, we'll come back. Just for a couple years, I want to be able to love you without restraint.” Changmin spoke, his tone of voice desperate. It were almost as if he were begging.

“...I'm scared.” Kyuhyun whimpered, oh how Changmin wanted to find his boyfriend and hug him tightly.

“Of what? We have more than enough money, we have a place to stay and we have people who will accept us and believe in our love. Will you run away with me? Tonight?” Changmin asked hesitantly, knowing Kyuhyun's reaction already.

“Tonight??” Kyuhyun asked in a shocked manner.

“Yes, tonight. It's the only night where we're able to go. Tomorrow or the day after that, we won't be able to. Our hyungs won't let us meet anymore after that.” Changmin told his boyfriend, anxiety raising inside himself.

“...Minnie...” Kyuhyun whispered, he wasn't sure of what to do anymore.

“We have everything we need. And I'm here. What else?” Changmin asked rhetorically.

“... Wait outside my window, I'll be done in about 15 to 20 minutes.” Kyuhyun told his too perfect boyfriend, smiling slightly but feeling his bottom lip quiver.

“See you then, I love you.” Changmin said quietly, hearing more footsteps outside the door.

“See you, I love you too.” Kyuhyun whispered into the phone. After, the call disconnected. Kyuhyun shivered as he stood up.

Time to start packing.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Like it? Hehe, just a little drabble~ ^^