✎ Issue 8: Sweetness

Scandalicious
✎ Lee Taemin ✎
 
I followed the mysterious fan to the empty corridor, stopping my steps when she stopped all of a sudden, "Ah, is there anything you want to say?"
 
She turned to me and took off her glasses. After she took off her hat, I recognized her as the girl who listened to my conversation with the chief editor of Masquerade magazine days ago.
 
Was she going to sue me or...
 
"Mian!" she suddenly bowed to me. "Mian, for posting up the articles without considering your feelings."
 
"Eh?" I blinked in confusion. Why did she apologize for what exLibris had done? Was it possible that she was... "You are exLibris?"
 
She straightened her body and gave me a nod with sorry look, "When I heard you that day in Cho Sunbae's office, I realized that maybe I have done a really big mistake."
 
There was sincere apology in her tone and I didn't think she was just playing around if she dared to reveal her true identity, "Why? Why did you tell me that you're exLibris?"
 
The girl opened up and then closed it again to think for the answer, "Maybe... It's my consequence after hurting someone with what I did. It's fair, I guess."
 
Silence filled our conversation. She wore her hat again and muttered, "That's all I want to say so... I'll leave now."
 
"Jamkkanmanyo!" I grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving in a flash. "Don't you need to hear anything from my point of view?"
 
She pulled her hand slowly and looked at me with confusion. I rubbed the back of my neck and spoke my thought, "I'm sorry if I hurt you with my words. I don't mean to do so."
 
I looked up at her and asked her real name. She answered it right away without any change of expression, "Seo Hayeon imnida."
 
"Hayeon," I repeated her name and then smiled. "Thank you for coming. I'm glad we can come with a good understanding over this issue. Don't worry. I will not tell anyone about your secret identity."
 
"Thank you," she murmured the word calmly. Thanks to my curiosity I finally told her that her writing was good; sometimes I also read them.
 
"You really love writing, do you?" I chuckled, leaning my back against the wall.
 
Hayeon smiled sweetly that I thought I imagined that there was light upon her when she answered, "Yes, I do."
 
My heart skipped a beat when I saw her sincere smile. I never thought that a smile of talking about something we loved could be this beautiful.
 
"Anyway, you're born on 1993, right?" she suddenly changed the topic. She then pointed herself, "I'm your Noona, you know. I'm two years older than you."
 
"Eh? Jinjja?" my eyes widened in surprise upon her sudden statement. I thought she was somehow younger than me.
 
She nodded happily and raised her right hand, putting it next to her head as if she was making an oath, "I promise that I will not write anything before I confirm it. No worry. I'm not going to hold a grudge on you."
 
I couldn't help but to laugh at her action. She was so innocent that I couldn't believe she was older than me.
 
"Mwo?" she puffed her cheeks and complained right away. "I'm being serious here!"
 
If there was one thing I noticed from her during our first conversation, it was her being so cute and sweet.
 
 
✂ ✂ ✂
 
 
"Hayeon-ssi, namja chingu isseoyo?" Minho asks the private question out of the blue when we're in the middle of informal interview at our apartment.
 
We just finished our dance practice for our comeback before Onew called her and told her to come. I also texted her before that I would wait for her to come but she didn't answer my message.
 
I know that she's really serious about her career so she will be really professional in this project. I was really surprised when I saw her in front of our apartment.
 
However I must admit that a part of me is happy because I can see her more often than before. Though I must admit that it makes me miss her more, having her right in front of me yet I can't express my love.
 
I always try my best to shower her with love, knowing that I can't be like other boyfriends who go on a date whenever they want to, who can tell their friends about their lovely girlfriends, who can do whatever they want together.
 
We're not the couple with freedom and that's why I always do what I can do for her so she will never forget that I always love her.
 
Sometimes I know I'm overreacting. I'm still younger than her no matter what happened but that's what makes me want to show her that she can rely on me.
 
There is a slight doubt in my heart that one day she will stop seeing me as a man.
 
Five of us stop whatever we're doing and focus on Hayeon. She also stops her fingers from typing and looks back at Minho who has the courage to ask her even though they just met yesterday.
 
My heart is beating rapidly while we're waiting for her answer. It's a strange feeling. It's like I'm waiting for someone to read about the winner of a music award.
 
"Ne, isseoyo," she answers honestly with a smile. As usual, my heart skips a beat because of her sweet smile.
 
"Jinjja?" Key blurts out, knowing nothing about my relationship with the girl in front of us. "He is so lucky!"
 
I feel proud with the compliment and a smile forms on my lips. I glance at her and she flashes a smile to me as well.
 
"What kind of guy is he?" Minho asks again and it's obvious that he's interested with this topic instead of our interview. "Is he a journalist too?"
 
"Ani, he doesn't have the same occupation with me," Hayeon tells them. "What kind of guy is he? Hmm, I think he is a guy that full with sweet words. He is good in flirting and..."
 
She stops to land her gaze on me. She surely knows how to tease me since I can't complaint about it right now.
 
She always says that I'm just giving her sweet words, that I'm the best in flirting. I've told her hundred times that I'm not good with words but she made me to be one.
 
I never flirt her; I just tell her what's in my mind.
 
"And?" Jonghyun shows his interest as well. He frowns, waiting for the continuation.
 
Hayeon shows her best eye smile like what she always does, "And he is the best boyfriend in the world."
 
"Jamsimanyo," I quickly stand up and leave the main room, heading to the restroom. I close the door and hope that no one realizes that I'm blushing.
 
For an unknown reason, perhaps none of them has no idea who she is talking about, but I know perfectly that that smile she just showed is meant for me.
 
"It's going to be difficult to hide this feeling," I look back at my reflection in the mirror. It's just the first day and she made me like this already.
 
Seo Hayeon, are you trying to make me fall deeper for your sweetness?
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #8
 
  • Jamkkamanyo (잠깐만요)                               : wait, just a moment.
  • Mwo (뭐)                                                                 : what. It's the informal one. Sometimes expressed with 'Mwoya' (뭐야).
  • Namja chingu isseoyo (남자친구 있어요) : do you have a boyfriend?
  • Ne, isseoyo (네, 있어요)                                   : yes, I have.
  • Jamsimanyo (잠시만요)                                  : excuse me. It's used when you're going to pass through.