✎ Issue 15: Secret

Scandalicious
✎ Lee Jinki ✎
 
I walk around the filming set and finally sit down on the chair which is prepared for me. I make myself comfortable and scan the empty filming set with a single glance.
 
We're going to film the opening part of the music video now. It's actually the last filming we will do for today since we're done with the rest.
 
We are given the choice to choose which opening part is our favorite since this is the third opening part we will film. This one takes part in a detective-office-like-room and I actually like it.
 
The other members are still outside, the filming site for our dance part, fixing their make ups. I was the first who is ready so I told them I would be waiting here.
 
"Hayeon-ssi?" I straighten my body when I notice someone just stepped in the filming site through the door. "What do you think about our music video up till now?"
 
Today she has stuck with us since the morning, even before the filming start. She writes down almost everything about us yet she forbids us to read it until she edits it.
 
"I'm a journalist, not a music video reviewer," she replies jokingly, "but I think it will be a hit, just like your previous music videos."
 
Hayeon tilts her head aside and then chuckles. She tries to hide her smile but I ask her immediately, "Waeyo? Is something wrong?"
 
"Ah, aniyo," she shakes her head, still having her adorable smile. "Five of you actually look really great in these outfits. It's just... so detective look alike."
 
The feeling of wanting to see her smile more and more fills my heart and I know this is not good. Not even for the slightest.
 
"You don't look like the oldest one in the group," she steps closer to me and frowns, putting a serious face. "Are you sure you're older than me?"
 
I laugh and ruffle her hair, "I am your Oppa. Mwo? Do you think I'm handsome, Hayeon-ssi?"
 
"Ne, neomu jalssaenggesseoyo," she answers calmly, smiling brightly at me. "I always like it when men wear black shirts."
 
She definitely has no idea what she just did with her honest compliment. Blood rushes to my brain in abnormal speed and I'm not sure if I can't hide my blushing cheeks if she keeps smiling like that.
 
I know she has a boyfriend. I know she is just being honest as the one who will write our biography but, seriously, her smile and everything are going to make me think of more than just professional relationship with her.
 
"Ah, Onew-ssi, can I ask you something?" she asks a question. "It's about you and... Do you have something you never told anyone else? It's good to put it in the book, don't you think?"
 
"You're so curious about me, aren't you?" I raise my eyebrow. "Is it really for the book or..."
 
There is a change on her expression and, for a moment, I really think that she wants to know me better... which is quite impossible.
 
"Professional is working here," she snaps her fingers in front of my face. "My ears are ready to hear some confessions from the leader of SHINee."
 
An idea crosses my mind and, despite the fact that I know it's not a really good idea, I blurt it out anyway, "Do you have free time the day after tomorrow?"
 
"Day after tomorrow?" she blinks in confusion. "Geuron geot gatayo. Wae?"
 
I smile from ear to ear as happiness is overflowing in my heart, "Let's go somewhere. I'll tell you about what public never heard from me."
 
Hayeon frowns with suspicious but after seconds, she finally nods and says, "Day after tomorrow. I'll decide the place and you'll decide the time."
 
"Fine with me," I grin and, thankfully, our conversation is interrupted after we had our deal. The staffs enter the filming site and get on their positions quickly.
 
Key and Minho come to ask Hayeon's opinion about their outfits and she gives them the same compliment she gave to me but I don't really care about it now.
 
The fact that she just accepted my request to go somewhere together is making me smiling like an idiot. Even Jonghyun scolds me lightly, "Mwoya? Stop smiling like that. It's scary."
 
I clear my throat awkwardly and tell them to get ready. I take a glance secretly at Hayeon and realize that Taemin is talking with her.
 
"What do you think about me then, Noona?" he asks her with his usual charming smile, the one that can make girls go crazy. "I don't look like a girl anymore, right?"
 
I don't know if my eyes deceive me but I think she is blushing because of Taemin. She smiles shyly and retorts, "Ne, you look really good in this suit..."
 
Taemin's face beams and he looks really happy to hear her compliment; the exactly same way I felt when she told me I was handsome.
 
Don't tell me that Taemin also has special feeling for Hayeon. It's not possible, isn't it? I mean she has a boyfriend and...
 
"Onew!" the director calls my name out loud, giving me a warning glare. "Get on your position. Don't daydream now. Not the time, not the place."
 
"M-Mian," I bow and sit on the chair. I take a deep breath and focus for the filming, trying to ignore about my curiosity over Taemin's feeling for Hayeon.
 
The filming finally finishes after two hours but we still haven't called it a day yet. We change our clothes and get on the van, heading to our agency building for dance practice.
 
This time Hayeon doesn't go with us. She excuses herself when we're going to leave with our manager, "I guess I'll see you later then. Hwaiting, for your comeback preparation, SHINee."
 
We wave to her from inside of our van, telling her to take care since we can't drop her at her apartment. Our schedule is packed up for today and we will only have our free time tomorrow night, right on the Valentine's Day.
 
Come to think of it, I wonder if Hayeon will go on a date with her boyfriend tomorrow.
 
Why do I need to think of it? It's not right. It's really wrong...
 
...but, in the end, I choose to keep my plan to meet Hayeon as a secret.
 
It's not a crime, right?
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #15
 
  • Neomu jalssaenggesseoyo (너무 잘생겠어요) : you are handsome.
  • Geureon geot gatayo (그런 것 같아요)                : I think so.
  • Hwaiting (화이팅)                                                       : commonly used word of encouragemed, as well as cheer.
                                                                                                  Can also mean 'fighting' or 'good luck'.
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Though it's a little bit late, I just want to inform that all the korean dictionary I've put on every chapter is not 100% right.
I searched it through google so, if there is any mistake, feel free to correct me! :D

 
As my gratitudes for all readers of this story, I'm going to give you some GIFs of Onew and Taemin from Sherlock MV!
I welcome every comment here and via my Twitter @AFFkyuri91 for sure! ;)