✎ Issue 7: Good Night

Scandalicious
✎ Seo Hayeon ✎
 
I finish typing on my laptop and fix the position of my glasses with my finger before reading the new paragraph I just typed. I think there is no more mistake.
 
"So we will start tomorrow, right?" Minho, the tallest one in SHINee, asks my confirmation. "Will you come here after our schedule?"
 
"I will confirm it with Onew-ssi before I come," I assure them, still focusing with the points of our deal we just agreed. "Please do bear with my annoying presence for two months."
 
They tell me that it's alright. They are actually happy to welcome me... or at least that's what four of them tell me.
 
Taemin keeps silence as his favorite moment since I came. Sometimes I can feel that he looks at me whenever I talk with the others but we never really exchange looks.
 
I have a feeling about what his reaction will be after this sudden meeting.
 
Cho Sunbae has warned me again this morning about my contract since three weeks have passed. She made sure that I would do my job as Seo Hayeon carefully so no one would know about my second identity.
 
Dilemma has been my best friend ever since I sent the confirmation email to Cho Sunbae. I had no idea how to tell Taemin about it.
 
A part of me was actually curious about what his reaction would be when he saw me in his apartment. Perhaps I just wanted to .
 
I came to here once before but I never stepped inside. It's when I apologized to Taemin and let him know about my secret identity days after his visit to my office.
 
He asked me why I told him about what the world shouldn't know. My answer is because it's the consequence I must had for posting up the article without considering Jonghyun's feeling.
 
Taemin laughed that night and his laughter actually captivated me until I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
 
Maybe that's when I started to have interest for him.
 
"I guess I'll take my leave now then," I close my laptop and put it back in my laptop bag. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."
 
"Do you need me to drive you back?" their manager suggests but I kindly refuse his offer, telling him that I need to drop by a bookstore to buy something first.
 
It's not the real reason, of course.
 
It's because Taemin has sent a text message minutes after my appearance in front of him. It's a really short text message, telling me that he wanted to talk with me afterwards.
 
"I'll walk her downstairs then," Taemin offers himself as an excuse to his secret plan and stands up. "I'll be right back soon."
 
He walks to the door and wears his shoes. Taemin opens the door for me, giving me a fake cheerful smile, "Come on, Hayeon Noona."
 
The way he speaks the 'Noona' part is indeed interesting. I'm actually holding the urge to laugh at his attempt to hide his surprise upon my presence.
 
"Naeil bwayo, Hayeon-ssi," Onew waves to me and I bow politely to them before walking out from their apartment, letting Taemin to close the door.
 
None of us says a word as we walk to the elevator. Taemin steps inside when the elevator is heading upstairs when we're supposed to go downstairs, "Come in."
 
I do what he said. We wait until the elevator to stop at the highest floor and he walks out, leading me to the empty rooftop of their apartment building.
 
We can see the night sky with bare eyes, right before our eyes. The moon is shining brightly and there is no cloud; the sky is so clear.
 
"It's so beautiful," I lean to the fence, looking up to admire the beautiful sky. I never knew there is a place this good to enjoy the night view.
 
However I don't have any time to stare at the starry sky. Taemin traps me between his arms from behind, not letting me to escape from him, "Don't you have any explanation to do, Seo Hayeon Noona?"
 
I turn around slightly to look at his face. He is not mad at me, I know it. He just demands an answer from me.
 
"Suprise?" I grin but he just raises his eyebrow, a sign that he is not satisfied with my reaction. I face him and rest my back against the fence, "This is what I was thinking lately. Remember? Work stuff?"
 
"You should have told me if you're going to work with SHINee," he sighs, still blocking my access to anywhere. "Don't you know that my heart almost stopped beating when I saw you stepped inside our apartment? I thought you have a twin."
 
I chuckle at his innocent reaction. I give him a wink, "Your expression is priceless, Taemin. Seriously. You shoul-"
 
My word is cut by his kiss on my lips. He captures my lips while wrapping my waist with his left arm, pulling me closer to him.
 
"That's your punishment," he whispers after he parted our lips. A smirk forms on his lips, "At least now I can meet you more often. I'm indeed the happiest boyfriend."
 
"You're really...," I fan myself due to my burning face. He surely knows how to make me speechless in a flash, doesn't he? "Remain professional. You know that, right?"
 
He nods slightly and caresses my right cheek, "Arayo, Jagiya. Ara."
 
"Call me 'Noona' when we're with others," I tell him the rules. "Do not text me when we're together. Do not do anything suspicious."
 
"Hmm," he murmurs, tilting his head aside to kiss my left cheek. "Arayo."
 
"And the most important thing, do not mention about exLibris in front of them," I repeat the most important part we must keep as secret. "My career depends on you."
 
"And my life depends on you," he intertwines our fingers together before bringing my hand to his chest. His lips is really close to my ear that I can feel his hot breath. "This heart beats for you, Hayeon."
 
I don't know how but he can make me feel like I can fly just with words. I'm not the type who loves to hear random sweet words from people. I don't like it actually.
 
I had crush of course when I was still at high school. I also fell in love during college days but that's that. I was never serious about having a relationship until I met Taemin.
 
My life is all about career, about my passion in writing, about what I must do to be success. Then my meeting with Taemin changed everything even before I knew it.
 
"Now I'm allowed to do everything, right?" he pulls away so I can look at his eyes. "At least let me give you a proper good night."
 
When our lips meet once again, he whispers the simple word that makes my heart beats uncontrollably.
 
"Jaljjayo, Jagiya."
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #7
 
  • Naeil bwayo (내일 봐요) : see you tomorrow.
  • Arayo (알아요)                   : I know. Sometimes shortened as 'Ara' (알아).
  • Jaljjayo (잘자요)               : good night. The formal word is 'Annyeonghi jumuseyo' (안녕히 주무세요).