✎ Issue 13: Sweet Dream, My Love

Scandalicious
✎ Seo Hayeon ✎
 
I glance at the clock and realize that it's one hour to midnight. Onew and I are still discussing about what I really need to write for their first biography book.
 
Taemin is still hiding in my room and I actually start to feel guilty. Thirty minutes have passed and I have no idea how to ask Onew to leave, considering that Taemin also needs to return or everyone will get suspicious about him.
 
"Onew-ssi," I speak up after he finished explaining about the 'fall and success' chapter which will be the opening chapter, next to the introduction pages. "Don't you have any schedule tomorrow?"
 
He blinks and looks at his wristwatch, "Ne... Time flies. I don't even realize it's almost midnight now."
 
Onew is a good companion to spend time with. Possibly because he always tries his best to make the conversation interesting with his own way. I think we can be good friends easily somehow.
 
"I guess I will see you again next week," I open the door for him as he wears his shoes. "SHINee is going to start the filming for new MV, right?"
 
He nods and gives me a wide smile, "We're going to shine so bright that you can't take your eyes off of us, Hayeon-ssi!"
 
I chuckle and assure him that I will watch the filming since I need to write down what they do or look like behind the scenes of work for the biography book... and perhaps something about Onew that I still don't know.
 
My deal with Cho Sunbae is definitely still on top of my task list, meaning I still need to find a way to reveal a secret about Onew in less than two months. It's not easy. At all.
 
"Hayeon-ssi," Onew stops his track when he almost walks pass the door. "Can I ask you something?"
 
"Geureomyo," I answer calmly, leaning myself against the door. "Wae yo?"
 
He drops his gaze and then looks up to the ceiling nervously, "I'm just wondering... What if you are my first lov-"
 
"Which I am not," I quickly add in. He looks pretty surprised with my sudden statement but I just give him a grin. "I'll help you to find that girl, Onew-ssi. Don't worry."
 
He grins bashfully and tells me that he just wants to ask what my reaction is if I'm the girl and I finally find out that I am the first love of an idol.
 
I frown, thinking about the answer carefully, "If I am that girl, I will be really happy, I guess. If that girl doesn't have a boyfriend yet and she is your fan, she will be wondering if you still love her... and if that girl has a boyfriend already, I'm sure she will be honored."
 
Onew tucks his hands inside of his pockets and murmurs, "And you are in the last category, aren't you?"
 
"Ne," I laugh and finally bid him good night. He looks kind of gloomy but, maybe it's just my imagination, or maybe he is just too tired.
 
I close the door and heave a sigh, "Finally..."
 
Heading to my room, I find Taemin is lying on my bed, asleep with his innocent sleeping face. Looks like he has fallen asleep for a while.
 
"Aigoo," I take a seat next to him and move away his bangs with my fingers. "Both of you are strange, tired but still go outside instead of having a good rest on your own bed."
 
The guilty feeling strikes me again when I stare at Taemin. I think I should tell him about my deal and Cho Sunbae but a part of me keeps saying that he will never agree with it.
 
Unfortunately it's a part of my job and Cho Sunbae didn't trick me; it's just me being so careless. Can I create a scandal about Onew without harming his career and reputation?
 
"Jeongmal mianhae, Taemin," I whisper softly. I can't tell him. Not yet.
 
I take a deep breath and shake his shoulder lightly, "Taemin? Taemin? Ileona. It's almost midnight..."
 
"Hmm...," he wakes up, rubbing his eyes lazily. He opens his eyes and looks at me before closing them again and continues to sleep, "Let me sleep for five minutes, Jagiya..."
 
"You need to return now," I poke his nose playfully, making him to flinch a little. "Come on. Even Onew-ssi has left. You need to go back or he will scold you."
 
He suddenly sits up and tuns to face me, "Hyung... Why did he come here? Did he say anything about us?"
 
"Aniyo, he just passed by this area so he thought it would be alright to visit me," I fix his messy hair. "You must be really tired. You don't need to visit me everytime, you know."
 
"But I want to," he mumbles as he grabs my hand and kiss it. "Besides I need to make sure that you remember about 13 February."
 
13 February. The day before Valentine's Day. The day they will film their music video for the new mini album.
 
The day we will celebrate our 100th day since we're officially together.
 
"What's with next week?" I tilt my head, teasing him with purpose. "Ah, right, I will visit SHINee at the filming site."
 
He looks surprised with my unexpected answer, "Eh? Ani... You don't... remember?"
 
Looking at his sad expression, I can't continue to fool him anymore. I fake a cough and then smile, "100th day. How can I forget such a special day? Pabo ya."
 
His face beams and he pulls me into a hug. He embraces me tight and whispers, "Mianhae, Jagiya, that I need to work on that day so we can't go somewhere together. You have no idea how happy I was when I knew you would be with us at the filming site."
 
"Are you free on the next day?" I ask him, looking up but stay still in his hug. "There is a place I want you to come with me."
 
"On Valentine's Day?" he retorts, tilting his face aside so he can look at me. "We have to attend a fan event but I'm free at night. Are we going to have a date, Jagiya?"
 
"You'll see," I stick out my tongue and lay down comfortably against his slightly muscular arm. He may be skinny but, as the main dancer of the group, he trains for almost everyday and he surely works his body.
 
I remember when he showed me videos from his debut days with SHINee. I laughed so hard because he really looked like a kid back then.
 
He has changed a lot since their debut in 2005. Seven years turned him into a man, not just a simply cute boy. A really fine man, if I need to say.
 
"I will see," he laughs and nuzzles his nose against mine. "Wherever it is, as long as it's with you, I will go there."
 
Taemin shifts his head and leans closer to me, giving me his sweet good night words like what he always does before leaving me and returns to his apartment.
 
"Good night, sweetheart," he says softly in English before giving me a kiss on lips. "Sweet dream, my love."
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #13
 
  • Geuromyo (그럼요)   : of course, sure.
  • Jeongmal (정말)        : really, truly.
  • Ileona (일어나)           : wake up.
  • Ya (야)                           : to address people but used between friends or when you speak with someone who is younger.
                                               'Ya' is used for names which end with vowels. Example: Minho ya.
                                              'Ah' (아) is used for names which end with consonants. Example: Taemin ah.