✎ Issue 16: Valentine's Day

Scandalicious
✎ Seo Hayeon ✎
 
I heave a sigh and look up at the night sky. It's almost eight at night and, here I am, waiting for my boyfriend at a bus stop alone. As usual he is late again.
 
SHINee had a fanmeeting this evening and I can't blame his busy schedule. He is an idol and our relationship is hidden from the world so what can I expect from him?
 
It's not like I mind it anyway. As long as he enjoys his life as an idol, it's all good. I love my work and so does he. Everything is perfect.
 
We agreed to meet at the bus stop where we can take a bus to our destination today. He asked me for numerous times but I refused to tell him where we're going tonight.
 
Meanwhile my mind starts to wander around. I always do it when I'm waiting for someone and it can't be helped especially when it comes to my job.
 
Tomorrow is the day I will meet Onew and I will definitely dig some information from him. I'm not going to let tomorrow pass without getting anything to fulfill my deal with Cho Sunbae.
 
Now I know why people say secret can be really dangerous.
 
While hiding the fact that Taemin is my boyfriend from the world, I must write a scandalous article about Onew, the leader of my own lover's group. At the same time, I hide my deal with Cho Sunbae from Taemin while searching for secret about Onew.
 
It's silly and crazy. It's really confusing that I don't understand how to fix this complicated string of life.
 
I can't publish a scandalous news about Onew. If I do it, he will know for sure that I'm exLibris. The only way to have win-win solution is to make a big news about him through the biography I will take care of.
 
My target is to find his first love.
 
If I manage to find the girl to give her opinion about Onew now, it will be a really hot news, especially if they fall in love for real.
 
"Right...," I murmur to myself as a realization hits me. "An idol who falls in love with his first love!"
 
The moment I find the girl, I must make sure that Onew and the lucky girl to meet and, maybe, they will fall in love eventually. That will be a really big news.
 
Everyone is happy... except for Onew's fans, of course, but I can work with my deal, my secret is safe, Taemin is not going to be mad at me, and Onew can find his love.
 
It's a perfect plan.
 
"Noona," a familiar voice catches my attention. He stops and tries to catch his breath; he just ran with his fastest speed. "N-Neujeoseo mianhae..."
 
Taemin wears a white shirt and a black blazer. As his disguise equipment this time, he has a black knit hat and thick-rimmed glasses.
 
"Gwaenchana," I stand up and fix his knit hat. "You're not that late."
 
"But I...," he takes my hand and kisses it, "...I made you waited for me, didn't I?"
 
"But you came," I smile to assure him that I'm not mad at all. I embrace his hand and point to the bus which is coming to our way. "Can we go now?"
 
He nods and follows me to wait for the bus. Both of us take seats at the back of the vehicle. Taemin sits next to the window since he needs to hide his identity.
 
It's late already and there are only a young couple, a man with his five years old son, and an old woman inside. Still we can't risk ourselves to be the target for tomorrow's headline news, can we?
 
"Jagiya," he mutters softly. "Can you tell me where we're going now?"
 
I grin and , "Eotteoke saenggakeyo?"
 
Taemin frowns and tilts his head slightly, "A restaurant?"
 
"Aniyo," I shake my head as the answer, "but you can rest assure that you will enjoy a really delicious dinner! Have you eaten yet?"
 
He tells me that he hasn't eaten anything since lunch and he becomes more curious about where we're heading to right now, "Mwoya, Hayeon? Why don't you just tell me?"
 
"Aren't you the Sherlock?" I chuckle and wink. "Try to figure it out before we arrive there and I will give you a Valentine's gift."
 
Of course he doesn't need to give the right answer to receive chocolate from me. Today is Valentine's Day and this is the first time I can celebrate Valentine's Day with my beloved one.
 
I've prepared a chocolate in my bag but I just want to play along with him so both of us will be entertained until we arrive at our destination.
 
"Clue," he demands, pouting cutely. "How can I guess it without any clue from you?"
 
I put my index finger on my lips, acting as if I'm thinking really hard, "Ah, clue... It's a place you never visited before. The last time I went there is New Year's Day."
 
He crosses his arms and starts to mumble, "Mwo? Why so mysterious?"
 
"Wait for ten minutes and you'll know the answer," I hold my urge to laugh, remembering that we're on public place. "You still can have your chocolate for Valentine."
 
However he doesn't want to give up easily. He keeps giving me random places like amusement park, theater, beach, and more but all of them are wrong.
 
After ten minutes of question and answer session, the bus finally stops. I tell Taemin to follow me behind since we still need to walk for around one hundred metres.
 
When my eyes have found what I look for, I stop my step and look around, sighing in relief that the area is really quiet.
 
"Ballentain chukahaeyo, Saranga," I take out the handmade chocolate from my bag and hand it to him. "It's not the most delicious chocolate in the world so I hope you'll still like it."
 
"Jagiya...," he stares at the chocolate for seconds and then smiles to me. "You don't even need to give me anything."
 
He steps closer and tilts his head to give me a kiss on my cheek, "Your love is all I need."
 
"Nugu seyo?" a voice makes Taemin to pull away from me quickly. The person just came out from the house right behind us. "What-"
 
The man stops and his eyes widen in shock when he sees who are standing in front of his house.
 
I glance at Taemin and his face shows how shocked he is right now; he definitely didn't expect someone to catch us together.
 
"Lee Taemin?" he steps closer to Taemin as if he is not sure whether his eyes are playing trick on him. "Jinjja?"
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #16
 
  • Neujeoseo mianhae (늦어서 미안해)                 : sorry, I'm late.
  • Eotteoke saenggakaeyo (어떻게 생각해요)   : what do you think?
  • Ballentain chukahaeyo (발렌타인 축하해요) : happy Valentine's day.
  • Saranga (사랑아)                                                      : my love.

__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
18 July 2012!
#HappyTwenTae is trending worlwide on Twitter.
What does that mean?

Today is Taemin's birthday! ^^

생일 축하합니다 이태민 ! 영원히 사랑해 ~ ♥♥♥