✎ Issue 14: My Man

Scandalicious
✎ Lee Taemin ✎
 
On my first month anniversary with Hayeon, SHINee had full schedule until around ten at night, meaning I barely could contact her for the whole day. I managed to call her in the morning just to tell her that I would come later to her apartment.
 
After the day I confessed my feeling to her, my life felt so good that I couldn't think of any unfortunate events that would happen in my life. Everything looked great.
 
Despite the fact that I was busy with promoting SHINee in Japan, I was glad that Hayeon could understand it. Perhaps it's because she was busy with her own work as well.
 
Nothing really changed after we're officially became couple. Well, no one knew about our relationship actually but none of us wanted to complaint about it.
 
Hayeon preferred it that way and I knew my agency would not agree with it anyway so I kept it as a secret. I didn't tell my groupmates because I thought it's not the time yet.
 
We were focusing with our career and I didn't want them to think I would be distracted with Hayeon. I would prove that I could be better because of her and, the moment I could prove myself better, I would tell them the truth.
 
Besides I felt like we're just starting so I didn't need to rush anything. All I wanted was her happiness so if Hayeon was happier this way, why should I change it?
 
"So you looked really cute when you're sixteen years old," Hayeon chuckled while watching my first debut stage. "You've changed a lot. Really."
 
Instead of spending our firsth monthsarry with dinner or another romantic date, we decided to spend the night in Hayeon's apartment and watch my performance stages since debut till this very day.
 
I could only give her a sheepish grin, noticing that she actually stated the truth. I had changed a lot, just like what she said.
 
I had bowl cut during my debut days. My dance skill was far from really good and I was barely noticed since I did look like a kid.
 
My height increased and my body was trained for years. My vocal was better and I was proud of my skill now though I still wanted to enhance it.
 
"Jonghyun's voice is really nice," she commented, propping her chin on palm as she listened to our song, Juliette. "And his voice too."
 
She pointed to Onew, the leader and lead vocalist of SHINee. I diverted my gaze from the screen to her. A smile was formed on her lips and it made my heart to skip a beat.
 
"Is Onew Hyung...," I murmured a question vividly, "...your favorite member in SHINee?"
 
Hayeon's eyes left the television screen and locked with mine. She tilted her head slightly, "I never really think about my favorite member in a group. I'm a journalist who must know about all idol groups, remember?"
 
I pursed my lips and let her to continue watching SHINee's performances. She was watching Lucifer's comeback stage when she giggled, "Your hair... That's a wig, right?"
 
"Mwo?" I raised my eyebrow. "You don't like it?"
 
"Aniyo," she chuckled at my reaction, tapping her finger on her chin. "You look... pretty. Yes, pretty is the word to describe you in Lucifer. Yeppeun namja."
 
Taking it as a tease, I shifted closer to her when she continued to the next performance of SHINee's latest song, Hello.
 
I took her right hand and embraced it, leaning closer so I could whisper to her ear, "Eorinaega anindae."
 
Hayeon flinched a little. She turned to me with blushing cheeks, "M-M-Mwoya?"
 
Unfortunately her sudden turn just made the gap between us closer. My gaze stopped on her lips, the lips which I couldn't believe were mine now.
 
"Malhaejjuseyo, Jagiya," I caressed her right cheek with my other hand. "What do you think about this yeppeun namja now?"
 
She didn't need to tell me what her answer was. Looking at her reaction towards me was more than enough.
 
I would never forget how red her face was and what she said to me that night.
 
 
✂ ✂ ✂
 
 
"Yeppeuda!" Minho whistles with excitement. "Our maknae is really pretty, isn't he?"
 
I look back at my reflection in the mirror. I'm just finished with my make up and wig for shooting the music video for our comeback, Sherlock.
 
Since my long hair in Lucifer received positive responds from our fans, the agency and stylists recommended me to use the wig again this time and I finally agreed with it.
 
Hayeon never stood against it anyway and I have no problem with it.
 
"I'm not going to be happy with that compliment," I laugh and leave the make up room with them. "Is Hayeon Noona here already?"
 
"She's waiting for us already," Key answers and a smirk forms on his face. "Waeyo? Our maknae is falling for a Noona?"
 
Acting as if it's nothing, I change the topic to our music video concept on our way to the filming site. Just like what Key said, Hayeon is waiting there already with her laptop.
 
"Hayeon-ssi!" Key greets her cheerfully, making her to look up from her laptop screen. "It's been a week!"
 
Her eyes land on me and I know why. Even though she saw my performances before, this is the first time she sees my long hair and my different appearance for filming music video.
 
I guess she is pretty much surprised with my current appearance.
 
"Taemin is pretty, isn't he?" Jonghyun teases me, approaching Hayeon with a playful grin. "If he is really a girl, I think we will date her for real."
 
Hayeon clears awkwardly and looks away from me. Strange enough I find it amusing and I want to know what she is thinking right now about me.
 
While the others discuss about the filming location, I walk to Hayeon, standing right in front of her, "Noona?"
 
She stops typing but refuses to look up at me, "W-Waeyo, Taemin?"
 
I bend down slightly until I can inhale her sweet scent which I'm pretty sure is her shampoo scent, "Why don't you look at me, Jagiya?"
 
"Taemin!" she hisses, still avoiding eyes contact with me. "What if they hear you?!"
 
"They won't," I answer in a whisper, lifting her chin with my finger carefully after making sure that the others are still busy walking around the scene which is made like an old museum. "Is it because I look like a girl?"
 
Our eyes finally meet and my heart starts to beat out of control.
 
Without waiting for her answer, I give her a quick kiss on lips before pulling away and whisper to her, "Happy 100th day, Jagiya."
 
I turn away and, thankfully, all the staffs are busy with their own tasks. In fact they are not paying attention at all about Hayeon. They barely recognize me as well, thanks to my wig.
 
Just right before our filming is going to start, each of us check our phones. Key takes some pictures and I am surprised to see a new text message from Hayeon.
 
I can't help but to smile when I read one sentence from her, the exactly same words I heard from her the night of our first month anniversary. It's enough to make me feel proud of myself.
 
And how lucky I am to be with her.
 
"Neoneun naui namja, Lee Taemin.
Happy 100th day.
Saranghaeyo."
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #14
 
  • Eorinaega anindae (어린애가 아닌대)  : I'm not a kid/child.
  • Yeppeun (예쁜)                                              : pretty.
  • Namja (남자)                                                  : man.
  • Malhaejjuseyo (말해주세요)                    : tell me.
  • Yeppeuda (예쁘다)                                       : so pretty.
  • Neoneun naui namja (너는 나의 남자) : you are my man.
                                                                                  'Neo' means you, 'Neun' is a topic marking particle, 'Naui' means mine.