✎ Issue 11: Be Mine

Scandalicious
✎ Lee Taemin ✎
 
What is Onew doing at this time here? Why does he suddenly visit Hayeon's apartment?
 
"Jamkkamanyo!" Hayeon responds as calm as possible. She pulls me until I stand up and hisses, "You need to hide for time being, Taemin. Onew can't see you here."
 
I know that very well. What will he think if he finds me in Hayeon's apartment? Even though he is the leader, this is one secret I can't tell to him. Not yet.
 
"No!" Hayeon whispers so Onew can't hear her voice. She stops me from entering the bathroom. "Have you ever watched movies, Taemin? Don't hide in bathroom! What if he suddenly want to use it?"
 
I blink and nod in confusion. I head to the kitchen so I can hide there but, once again, Hayeon stops me by pulling my sleeve, "No! Kitchen is too dangerous, Taemin. It's too close to the main room!"
 
"Hayeon-ssi? Gwaenchanayo?" Onew knocks the door again.
 
"Ne! Jamkkaman!" Hayeon retorts and then pouts to me. "Ppalli, ppalli!"
 
Since I can't think of another place, I decide to hide in her bedroom. She grabs my arm to stop me again this time, "Wait! Why my roo-"
 
Hayeon's words are stopped by my lips. I kiss her and I don't pull away until she kisses me back, "Onew Hyung is not going to enter your room, isn't he? Stop worrying too much about me, Jagiya."
 
Her cheeks turn into red shades and she murmurs something about me being such a tease. She finally lets me hide in her bedroom and opens the door for Onew.
 
Unfortunately I can't hear what they're talking about and I can't risk myself just because of my curiosity.
 
Besides I can ask Hayeon about Onew's reason to come at this hour later. From her expression, I don't think she expects his visit as well.
 
I sit on her bed and lay down comfortably, staring at the ceiling. There are so many things running in my head at the moment.
 
About Hayeon. About our comeback. About my secret relationship with Hayeon. About my career. About the day Hayeon returned my feeling.
 
Three months have passed since I called her as my girlfriend and I can't help but to smile whenever I remember that moment.
 
 
✂ ✂ ✂
 
 
Hayeon opened the door for me and she smiled, "I don't think you're supposed to be here at this time, Lee Taemin."
 
"But I'm allowed to come, right?" I showed her the bouquet of flower I hid behind my back. "Besides these flowers need someone to take care for them, Noona."
 
She chuckled and her voice made my heart beat uncontrollably. She took the flowers and opened the door wider, letting me to step inside, "Make yourself at home then."
 
Two weeks after Hayeon met me in person and apologized, I sent an e-mail to her personal e-mail as exLibris under another name. I didn't mention my name but I gave my phone number to her.
 
It's risky. It's not even allowed but I was really attracted to her for one and another reason. Later she sent me a text message, asking who I was to give her a phone number.
 
I decided to call her right away and, when I was sure it was her, I revealed myself and she was surprised but she didn't cut off the call. Instead she sent me a text message that night, telling me to have a good rest.
 
That's just the start. Afterwards we exchanged text messages for almost everyday. The conversation was so random but I actually enjoyed it.
 
Around one month later, she told me where she lived and I gave her a surprise visit during my spare time. She told me that I was the first guy who ever visited her apartment after her father.
 
Happiness filled my heart when I heard that because I felt special. I asked her once if she worried of becoming an acquaintance of idol but she said that it was her pleasure to know me.
 
She welcomed me whenever I had time to mee her personally and it's one of the best moments in my life to be alone with her, to stay close to her, to look at her, and to listen her voice.
 
I didn't know since when but I started to fall in love with her.
 
She never treated me like a kid even though I was younger than her. She always listened to whatever I talked about. She made me feel comfortable and important.
 
"Noona," I called out her name, resting my head on my right arm which I put on the sofa. I looked at her who was busy editing an article.
 
"Hmm?" that's all she just said, waiting for me to say something. She adjusted her glasses position without looking at me. "Wae yo, Taemin?"
 
I tried to calm myself for seconds before I told her the words I had been holding inside for days, "Be mine."
 
Aigoo, the words didn't come out right. It's supposed to be 'would you be my girlfriend?' or 'please be my girlfriend' but I was to nervous that I could only say those words.
 
"Eh?" Hayeon stopped and looked at me with wide eyes. She must thought that she heard something strange. "M-M-Mwo?"
 
She was really cute when she stammered. I didn't bother to correct my sentence at all. I carressed her right cheek and, slowly but sure, leaned closer to her.
 
I tilted my head and closed my eyes when our lips finally met for the first time.
 
My first kiss went to Hayeon, the girl I met accidentally because of my temporary anger to defend my Sunbae, the girl who was older than me, the girl I just met three months ago.
 
It felt sweet. Maybe it's because of her pink lipstick or maybe it's just because her lips.
 
"Seo Hayeon," I parted the kiss and looked at her in the eyes, ignoring my abnormal heartbeat. "Jegeosi doejuseyo."
 
The next thing happened made my heart sank immediately. She put her laptop away and stood up, taking steps away from me. She didn't say anything but looked away from me.
 
Did I scare her? Did it mean she rejected my feeling?
 
"M-Mianhae," I quickly stood up nervously and rubbed the back of my neck. "It's so rude of me. Mian. I... I'll take my leave then."
 
I was going to leave her apartment due to the awkward atmosphere but Hayeon suddenly stopped me by tugging my sleeve. I glanced at her but she was fixing her gaze on the floor.
 
"Gajima...," she murmured softly. "Tteonajima..."
 
I felt like butterflies were dancing in my stomach when I heard what she just said. I turned to her and asked, "Mian, I can't hear you, Noona. What is it?"
 
"T-Tteonajima," she stammered again, still refusing to look at me. "N-Na..."
 
"I can't hear you, Noona," I repeated my words in purpose and took a step backward from her. "Do you want me to leave? I will leave now then."
 
"Aniyo!" she finally looked up at me. "Tteon-"
 
She didn't need to continue what she wanted to say. I captured her lips with mine, cupping her cheek with one of my hands while my other hand held her free hand.
 
Unlike the first kiss, she returned my kiss, making me felt like I didn't want to stop. It felt like time just stopped ticking and we were the only people in the world.
 
I didn't know how long the kiss lasted but, when she broke the kiss, both of us were running out of air.
 
"I could hear you perfectly," I rested my forehead on hers, smiling happily. "I'll stay if you want me to stay."
 
She hugged me and rested her head against my chest. Did she know how fast my heart was beating right now because of her?
 
"This is not a dream, right?" she whispered with her soft voice.
 
I buried my face on her hair, wrapping her waist gently with my arms, hoping that she could feel my sincere feeling for her.
 
"Neon naekkeoya, Jagiya."
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #11
 
 
  • Gwaenchanayo (괜찮아요)                      : are you alright? Depends on the tone, it can be also used as an answer 'I'm alright'.
                                                                                   Sometimes shortened as 'Gwaenchana'
    (괜찮아).
  • Ppalli (빨리)                                                   : fast. Used to tell someone to do something faster.
  • Jegeosi doejuseyo (제것이 되주세요)  : be mine. This one is used when you are talking to someone older than you.
  • Gajima (가지마)                                           : don't go.
  • Tteonajima (떠나지마)                              : don't leave.
  • Na (나)                                                             : I
  • Neon naekkeoya (넌 내꺼야)                  : you are mine.